The other sports thread

Eleven

I'd go watch the game in the foyer.

Let's just hope the game is close to the point where baseball isn't necessary

I've seen every spring training game. I'm ready to go!

Who has this much time!?!

Easy enough to do. They replay them everyday on YES

How have the young guns looked, ubkev? I know Bird has had a good spring so far 

Who has this much time!?!

There are 24 usable hours in every day.

How have the young guns looked, ubkev? I know Bird has had a good spring so far

They've been hitting. Sanchez is fine. Gleyber Torres will be very good 2 years from now. And there is still no pitching help.

Also, Matt Holiday has enormous forearms.

• 2 weeks later...

Went to the 1st time Buffalo hosted the NCAA 1st round of bouncy ball afk when Knight coached Texas Tech, but don't remember the court being up essentially against the boards in the visitor's corner. Anybody know when they started moving the court to a corner of the rink for the NCAAs?

Went to the 1st time Buffalo hosted the NCAA 1st round of bouncy ball afk when Knight coached Texas Tech, but don't remember the court being up essentially against the boards in the visitor's corner. Anybody know when they started moving the court to a corner of the rink for the NCAAs?

I would imagine it would be so they could leverage the actual 100 level seats for 3 of the 4 sides, and only have temp bleachers for one side. Basically for concessions and ease of use. Although the off-center jumbotron always bothered me in those kinds of set ups.

Anyone following or watching to World Baseball Classic? Team USA just made it to the finals tonight against Puerto Rico - should be an exciting game :beer:

I would imagine it would be so they could leverage the actual 100 level seats for 3 of the 4 sides, and only have temp bleachers for one side. Basically for concessions and ease of use. Although the off-center jumbotron always bothered me in those kinds of set ups.

Anyone following or watching to World Baseball Classic? Team USA just made it to the finals tonight against Puerto Rico - should be an exciting game :beer:

I don't think I've ever seen basketball set up that way at our arena.  The scoreboard is right over center court.

I've found it difficult to follow the WBC.  I don't know where it's televised (and I've never seen it on at a sports bar), the schedule is difficult to follow, etc.  But I do know about tonight's game and I hope to watch it.

WBC has been a good time. I've watched most of the games. I've got 5 Puerto Rican coworkers that I will see as soon as I get to work tonight, so there is a lot at stake for me in this game. We've all been talking a whole lot of for the past week.

And Eleven, every game has been on MLB Network

I would imagine it would be so they could leverage the actual 100 level seats for 3 of the 4 sides, and only have temp bleachers for one side. Basically for concessions and ease of use. Although the off-center jumbotron always bothered me in those kinds of set ups.Anyone following or watching to World Baseball Classic? Team USA just made it to the finals tonight against Puerto Rico - should be an exciting game :beer:

Thst would be logical, but doesn't answer the question of when the practice began in the Mmarena.

Again, don't recall that as the set up the 1st time the building hosted the 1st round.

First pitch at 922 pm.  Jerks.

I know right? I got home at 9 expecting to catch the first pitch, knowing I would still have to say up well past midnight to finish. Then they did 22 minutes of b.s. fluff and first pitch at 9:22? why not start all that crap at 8:30 to start the game at 9?

But USA dominated that game from start to finish - way to go USA! My boy Stroman looked really good and avenged his poor showing against Puerto Rico in the pool play rounds.

Hooray, the USA beat the USA! Go USA!

You're obviously not Puerto Rican. :p

2 of the guys at work bleached their hair. This really felt like the world Cup for myself and them. Whole lot of trash talk took place. It was good times.

You're obviously not Puerto Rican. :P

2 of the guys at work bleached their hair. This really felt like the world Cup for myself and them. Whole lot of trash talk took place. It was good times.

Yeah, that sounds like fun.  No Puerto Ricans at my work or I would probably have been much more interested in the outcome.

• 2 weeks later...