The other sports thread

Eleven

The US beat Finland.

Right but he's saying it was the logical equivalent.  If they beat UCONN they should have won the championship.

Did you go to the Rougned Odor Seminar for Conflict ManagementTM in the offseason?

Rougie:  My hero.  :wub:

As long as you don't expect him to hit 33 bombs again this year.

To be honest I wouldn't be surprised if he platoons with Jurickson Profar this year.  Late in the season, Rougie faltered a bit and Profar finally looked like the player they hoped he would be prior to his shoulder surgery.  Profar doesn't look to start opening day, but he's on the depth chart for every infield position as well as left field.  And being a switch hitter he'll probably get a lot of late-inning work.

With Beltre starting the season on the DL, it will be interesting to see who takes 3rd base.  Is Joey Gallo finally ready for the big time, or will Profar need to take it?

I'll allow the Jays. 

Go Tigers!  :beer:

I won't allow the Jays.  But the TIgers are okay.  They were awful while we lived in Detroit, and the old Tiger Stadium was in steep decline, but it was still a hella cool gameday experience.

Edited by Doohickie

To be honest I wouldn't be surprised if he platoons with Jurickson Profar this year.  Late in the season, Rougie faltered a bit and Profar finally looked like the player they hoped he would be prior to his shoulder surgery.  Profar doesn't look to start opening day, but he's on the depth chart for every infield position as well as left field.  And being a switch hitter he'll probably get a lot of late-inning work.

With Beltre starting the season on the DL, it will be interesting to see who takes 3rd base.  Is Joey Gallo finally ready for the big time, or will Profar need to take it?

I am amazed how far Profar has seemingly fallen in terms of perception around baseball. A few years ago he was the no doubt #1 prospect in baseball. A few injuries in his 2013/2014 seasons has dropped him to an afterthought. I would look for him to become an everyday player this year and beyond if he can ever get past his shoulder issues. It's a shame how injuries can derail even the most promising career.

Golf tournaments start on Thursday, dude. All of em.

I think the par 3 is Wednesday though. I'll place the over/under at 3.5 hole in ones on that day.

Really? Well TIL

I do a bet every year on this. Pick 7 guys and the lowest totals win

I have Fowler, Garcia, Rahm, Spieth, Johnson, Day, McIlroy

I am amazed how far Profar has seemingly fallen in terms of perception around baseball. A few years ago he was the no doubt #1 prospect in baseball. A few injuries in his 2013/2014 seasons has dropped him to an afterthought. I would look for him to become an everyday player this year and beyond if he can ever get past his shoulder issues. It's a shame how injuries can derail even the most promising career.

He was bringing it toward the end of last season.  I think he's back.

Prior to last night, MSU lost to South Carolina twice this season.  

Prior to the semis, EVERYONE lost to UCONN, EVERY TIME this season.  And last.

He was bringing it toward the end of last season.  I think he's back.

Prior to the semis, EVERYONE lost to UCONN, EVERY TIME this season.  And last.

You're clearly missing my point.  South Carolina is better than MSU.  3 wins, let me add 0 losses, over a team in 1 season is complete control.  There is no "if they beat UCONN they should  have won the championship." 

Edited by GoPre

You're clearly missing my point.  South Carolina is better than MSU.  3 wins, let me add 0 losses, over a team in 1 season is complete control.  There is no "if they beat UCONN they should  have won the championship." 

No, I understand your point perfectly.  Going into the UCONN/MSU matchup, everyone thought that UCONN was better than everybody else, including both MSU and SC.  If MSU was capable of beating UCONN, they were capable of beating anybody.

All I was saying was if the US had lost to the fins after beating the soviets then the 80 Olympics wouldn't be memorable at all. Great, you beat the unbeatable team...and then you lost. No one remembers second place.

All I was saying was if the US had lost to the fins after beating the soviets then the 80 Olympics wouldn't be memorable at all. Great, you beat the unbeatable team...and then you lost. No one remembers second place.

I'll bet that the average American thinks the win over the USSR was the gold medal game.

I'll bet that the average American thinks the win over the USSR was the gold medal game.

I bet you're right. But we did win the gold medal afterwards. If we didn't I think it would have been an absolute disaster of a letdown.

I hope the Yankees lose every game.

I understand hating the Yankees but that would mean rooting for Boston to win like a dozen or so games and that's just not possible. Boston should lose every game in every sport forever until they are wiped off the face of the earth.

Edited by Drunkard

I understand hating the Yankees but that would mean rooting for Boston to win like a dozen or so games and that's just not possible. Boston should lose every game in every sport forever until they are wiped off the face of the earth.

Boston can lose every game too. I don't care how it happens.