The other sports thread

Eleven

Best 4 Final games I've ever seen (Yee, I know in young)

Blackhawks - Bruins game 6

Cavs - Warriors game 7

Giants - Pats game 1

Cubs - Indians game 7

These are not bad choices.  I might make different ones, but these aren't bad.

List of ways to turn me into a baseball fan:

1) Have every game be game 7 of the World Series in extra innings.

End list.

QFT..... I was glued to this game, won't forget this one

These are not bad choices. I might make different ones, but these aren't bad.

What are yours 11,angry or otherwise ;)

Well I was rooting for the Indians, have been following them closely since moving to OH. Disappointed, but happy for my Cubs friends.

Calling it now: these two teams will meet again in the World Series next year. It ain't easy to get back in baseball, let alone have both teams do it. But just like in the NBA, these two teams will meet again and this time Cleveland will extract their revenge. A healthy Carlos Carrasco will be the difference. Ya heard it here first :)

So, have the Red Sox signed Edwin yet?

That was a heck of a game last night. If they were all like that I think more would like baseball. And Miller is human after all, who would have thunk it?

They won't sign him. They need starting pitching desperately

They will. They need the second coming of Big Papi and Ortiz has publicly said that he wants that to be Edwin.

I disagree. They can put Hanley or Pablo as DH and avoid shelling out massive money for an old Edwin. As big as Ortiz is there, he isn't the GM, his recommendation is useless honestly

I disagree. They can put Hanley or Pablo as DH and avoid shelling out massive money for an old Edwin. As big as Ortiz is there, he isn't the GM, his recommendation is useless honestly

Wanna bet?

That said, my religion forbids gambling, but I will make a fake wager that Edwin will be wearing red socks in the near future.

Wanna bet?

That said, my religion forbids gambling, but I will make a fake wager that Edwin will be wearing red socks in the near future.

Oh you're on :beer:

The game last night pulled in a 25.2 TV rating. Compare that to 12.4 earlier in the series and 9 something last World Series. Storylines are compelling

There have now been only 5 Game 7s that have gone into extra innings.  The Indians are losers of each of the last two, and are now the first home team to lose such a game.

Such is my sports life.  Wide right, no goal, 10th inning game 7 losses.

(Sorry for being grumpy.  I'm trying to get it out of my system today.)

• 2 weeks later...