The other sports thread

Eleven

Well, there's three more types of cancer drunkard hopes he gets

Someone's got to counter balance the love fest you all are throwing him. The hero worship with this guy is unreal. The guy should be healing lepers and blind people instead of playing basketball and being the attention ###### crybaby that he is.

Guess I need to recruit Louis CK to start blowing some bleedy ######. I hate Lebron James but not enough to do what needs to be done.

Edited by Drunkard

How is this hero worship?

Read the posts of Dark and Smell among some others a page or two back. He willed his team to victory, greatest of all time nonsense, if this one other awesome thing had happened the universe would have collapse on itself because of his super duper awesomeness or whatever puke inducing statement, people who aren't even fans of the team talking about getting teary eyed from watching press conferences. It's a little thick with hero worship although I imagine a good part of it is simply an effort on the part of some of you to lay it on extra thick in order to counteract the evil death ray vibes I'm sending to his internal organs.

It doesn't matter, though. It's all in fun and it's just a message board. Maybe I'm just a hater (if that term is even still used) while the rest of you creeps (said in jest) are just fan boys (boi's or whatever, ###### the kiddy lingo). You guys worship at the altar of this prima donna and I want his organs to be turned into liquid ###### from some super virus. It is what it is.

Yeah, I only sacrifice small mammals to Le-God every morning, it's not like I slay family members or anything.

Don't forget about the Lebron James blow up dolls that I bet at least half the people in this thread keep hidden in their closets. I hear the new version will move the valve to his weiner so you guys can then blow him literally and not just figuratively, ha ha!

Edited by Drunkard

So there's some talk on Twitter today about how the Knicks trade for Derrick Rose now allows them the cap space NEXT offsesson to create the "super team" LeBron and Melo once talked about publicly. The idea was to bring Melo, DWade, CP3 and LeBron all onto one team.

The Knicks have just $35M committed for three players (Carmelo, Porzingis and O'Quinn). The NBA has suggested the cap could escalate to $110 million, so you've got $75 million to sign the other three and then you can fill the rest of the spaces.

I know this will somehow be held against LeBron even though it's just people talking and not anything LeBron is actually doing, but I think that'd be exciting. They wouldn't be able to be a contending team for more then 3/4 years, so it wouldn't devour the NBA for too long. It would just be cool to see.

LeBron isn't leaving Cleveland this offseason. He'll sign a two year deal that has a player option on the second season (which is also what Durant will likely do wherever he goes). This will make them free agents next year when the cap takes its second huge jump.

I've actually kind of always wanted to see a superstar who makes it their goal to bring a title to as many cities as they can.

I'm going to guess this is pretty unlikely, but I don't think Cleveland fans would hate LeBron for doing it. Especially if he goes out there and wins another one this year.

So there's some talk on Twitter today about how the Knicks trade for Derrick Rose now allows them the cap space NEXT offsesson to create the "super team" LeBron and Melo once talked about publicly. The idea was to bring Melo, DWade, CP3 and LeBron all onto one team.

The Knicks have just $35M committed for three players (Carmelo, Porzingis and O'Quinn). The NBA has suggested the cap could escalate to $110 million, so you've got $75 million to sign the other three and then you can fill the rest of the spaces.

I know this will somehow be held against LeBron even though it's just people talking and not anything LeBron is actually doing, but I think that'd be exciting. They wouldn't be able to be a contending team for more then 3/4 years, so it wouldn't devour the NBA for too long. It would just be cool to see.

LeBron isn't leaving Cleveland this offseason. He'll sign a two year deal that has a player option on the second season (which is also what Durant will likely do wherever he goes). This will make them free agents next year when the cap takes its second huge jump.

I've actually kind of always wanted to see a superstar who makes it their goal to bring a title to as many cities as they can.

I'm going to guess this is pretty unlikely, but I don't think Cleveland fans would hate LeBron for doing it. Especially if he goes out there and wins another one this year.

Thing is, that wouldn't even be a super team. All those guys would be hitting the their mid-30s, and Wade has already lost a step. The opportunity for this to be fun has passed, IMO.

Thing is, that wouldn't even be a super team. All those guys would be hitting the their mid-30s, and Wade has already lost a step. The opportunity for this to be fun has passed, IMO.

So you think, in one year, LeBron will not be the greatest player in the game? If not, he won't be still unbelievably good? Because he'll make it so much easier for everybody else.

Chris Paul is still probably the best defensive PG in the game and the second-best overall PG. Wade isn't a star anymore, but if he's the third or fourth option then he's going to be great. Melo is still going to hit shots.

It would definitely be a super team.

Read the posts of Dark and Smell among some others a page or two back. He willed his team to victory, greatest of all time nonsense, if this one other awesome thing had happened the universe would have collapse on itself because of his super duper awesomeness or whatever puke inducing statement, people who aren't even fans of the team talking about getting teary eyed from watching press conferences. It's a little thick with hero worship although I imagine a good part of it is simply an effort on the part of some of you to lay it on extra thick in order to counteract the evil death ray vibes I'm sending to his internal organs.

It doesn't matter, though. It's all in fun and it's just a message board. Maybe I'm just a hater (if that term is even still used) while the rest of you creeps (said in jest) are just fan boys (boi's or whatever, ###### the kiddy lingo). You guys worship at the altar of this prima donna and I want his organs to be turned into liquid ###### from some super virus. It is what it is.

Don't forget about the Lebron James blow up dolls that I bet at least half the people in this thread keep hidden in their closets. I hear the new version will move the valve to his weiner so you guys can then blow him literally and not just figuratively, ha ha!

I've always wanted all the Yankees and their fans to die a fiery death in some sort of stadium accident so I guess I can relate.

I've always wanted all the Yankees and their fans to die a fiery death in some sort of stadium accident so I guess I can relate.

Exactly. I feel the same way about Bahhhstan, Shittsburgh, and of course Miami. My sports hate certainly isn't limited to Lebron James.

Who among us hasn't seen a game between the Patriots and Dolphins without wishing for the blimp to crash and just lay the entire stadium to waste when the air turns on fire. If you haven't I question if they're even true Buffalo fans.

The NBA Draft is always a lot of fun because of the trades that go down.

So far, draft-related trades:

- Jeff Teague to Indiana, George Hill to Utah, 12th pick (Taurean Prince) to Atlanta

- Thaddeus Young to Indiana for the 20th pick

- Serge Ibaka to Orlando for Victor Oladipo, Ersen Ilyasova and the 11th pick (Damantas Sabonis)

It also sounds like the 5th pick (Kris Dunn) will be traded from Minnesota to Chicago for Jimmy Butler

So you think, in one year, LeBron will not be the greatest player in the game? If not, he won't be still unbelievably good? Because he'll make it so much easier for everybody else.

Chris Paul is still probably the best defensive PG in the game and the second-best overall PG. Wade isn't a star anymore, but if he's the third or fourth option then he's going to be great. Melo is still going to hit shots.

It would definitely be a super team.

Carmelo will be 33, Paul 32, Wade 34, and LeBron 32, all with a ton of miles on them. Maybe you get a year out of it? I also don't like the fit at all. None of them are proficient from 3 (Carmelo and Paul are good, but not incredible or anything), Wade has a downright bad perimiter game and is only effective offensively getting to the rack...which he can't do at will anymore. Carmelo might be the single most infuriating player I've watched in my lifetime--nothing in his pro career suggests he'd be a good cog in a machine. The spacing with all 4 on the court would be pretty awful. Just don't like it at all.

So Pat Summitt, coach of Tennessee's women's basketball for 38 years, died today. I'm no fan of basketball and most definitely no fan of anything related to the NCAA, but I read this stat about Summitt's record: Every single player who finished her eligibility under Summitt graduated. Over 38 years. It's sad that this is mind blowing, but it is. Extremely.

There are flowers growing out of the festering dung heap that is college sports occasionally, it seems.

So Pat Summitt, coach of Tennessee's women's basketball for 38 years, died today. I'm no fan of basketball and most definitely no fan of anything related to the NCAA, but I read this stat about Summitt's record: Every single player who finished her eligibility under Summitt graduated. Over 38 years. It's sad that this is mind blowing, but it is. Extremely.

There are flowers growing out of the festering dung heap that is college sports occasionally, it seems.

Women college athletes have a much higher graduation rate than male college athletes.

Just had to have some words with the USOC over clogging my feed with crap about time trials.  My feed is for three things:  (1) Sabres, (2) food trucks, and (3) monitoring d4rk's courtship with Josie.

Anyway:  

Eleven ‏@ElevenInBuffalo  50s

@TeamUSA if you're this annoying now, is it going to get worse during the Games? I can unfollow now just as easily.

Edited by Eleven

Just had to have some words with the USOC over clogging my feed with crap about time trials. My feed is for three things: (1) Sabres, (2) food trucks, and (3) monitoring d4rk's courtship with Josie.

Anyway:

Eleven@ElevenInBuffalo 50s

50 seconds ago

@TeamUSA if you're this annoying now, is it going to get worse during the Games? I can unfollow now just as easily.

:lol:

Good call.

Roy Williams on Pat Summitt's Passing

“We lost one of the true giants in coaching, in any sport and regardless of gender, today. If there were a Mount Rushmore of coaching, Pat Summitt would certainly be included. 

I was watching ESPN on the treadmill this morning and saw Bruce Pearl's statement about Pat Summit come across the screen.

It read "Pat Summitt created a brand and that brand was the Lady Vols. She made women's basketball watchable."

I waited and watched the statement come back on the screen to be sure that was what they most because that's the most disingenuous/insulting thing I could imagine somebody saying after her passing. I googled his statement and it wasn't nearly that bad. I have no idea why ESPN would paraphrase or focus on that part of his comments.

I was watching ESPN on the treadmill this morning and saw Bruce Pearl's statement about Pat Summit come across the screen.

It read "Pat Summitt created a brand and that brand was the Lady Vols. She made women's basketball watchable."

I waited and watched the statement come back on the screen to be sure that was what they most because that's the most disingenuous/insulting thing I could imagine somebody saying after her passing. I googled his statement and it wasn't nearly that bad. I have no idea why ESPN would paraphrase or focus on that part of his comments.

It's ESPN.

Especially if she didn't even do what they are clamining?

Too soon? :ph34r:

Lenny Dykstra interview today on Stern. Holy ######. He's likely on his way back to prison soon.

Yee-ikes

http://nypost.com/2016/06/28/women-pay-good-money-to-have-sex-with-lenny-dykstra/

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nbc-yahoo-sports/lenny-dykstra-on-being-in-jail-on-losing-success-163007994-mlb.html

Edited by inkman