The other sports thread

Eleven

Kyrie! Holy mother...

James needs to sit down for a second.

Agreed. Just 1-2 possessions each way.

That defense by LeBron right there? Doesn't happen if he had gotten some rest. Clearly trying to preserve some energy for late.

And I can't believe there's 8 minutes left. I'm emotionally drained sitting here drinking beer; can't imagine playing.

I wonder if there's some momentum building for basketball to become America's sport. They don't have the injury issues other sports have and also don't have the drug issues. They promote offense, too. Very entertaining and player driven.

Kyrie! Holy mother...

Agreed. Just 1-2 possessions each way.

That defense by LeBron right there? Doesn't happen if he had gotten some rest. Clearly trying to preserve some energy for late.

And I can't believe there's 8 minutes left. I'm emotionally drained sitting here drinking beer; can't imagine playing.

Truth.

I wonder if there's some momentum building for basketball to become America's sport. They don't have the injury issues other sports have and also don't have the drug issues. They promote offense, too. Very entertaining and player driven.

I think economics is important too. There's a major shift right now towards sports that are cheaper to play. Soccer and basketball have a lot of potential.

Definitely has some potential, especially now with an emphasis on small ball--lot more young kids probably think they have a chance.

Have the Cavs just completely given up on offensive sets? This is Mike Brown era offense out of them, just watching LeBron iso with 4 guys standing still.

It's pretty brutal. Not enough shooting for 3s either. They're trying to take everything in close.

And just like that, a 3. Someone heard me.