Soccer (Football) ~ Everything About The Beautiful Game

Sabres Fan in NS

I can't help but read that as "The Football Club", like TPC in 1984.

I really like "The Football Club".  It helps with my hatred of anything anf everything about The Great Satan, except their football club.

+++++

I\ll keep that awesome typo, but just add ...

DAMN PHONE!!

Edited by Sabres Fan In NS

I really like "The Football Club".  It helps with my hatred of anything anf everything about The Great Satan, except their football club.

+++++

I\ll keep that awesome typo, but just add ...

DAMN PHONE!!

I thought about writing something like, "Torontoans would be so self-absorbed to refer to the team as that", but I wanted to be nice. :)

So, 'The Football Club' lost today 1 nil, but still advance to the EC Final.  The aggegate ended up a draw at 2, but TFC advance on the away goals rule.

I love soccer, but some of these tie brakers are kind of out there.

It was costly, though as TFC will be missing both starting strikers in the first leg of the ECF.  The little guy will sit out for his 2nd yellow card infraction and Altidore got a yellow and then a red for fighting in the tunnel.

Any Everton fans out there?

:ph34r:

We're gonna get relegated. 

Hush yo mouth.

And that's spoken as a fan of LFC.

Rumors of Christian Pulisic to Real Madrid in the January transfer window. Soccer rumors are worse than Ek rumors though. Personally, I like Pulisic at Dortmund for now since he gets a ton of playing time that he might not get at a club like Real Madrid.

I took a deeper dive into international soccer about 3 years ago, and, yeah -- I initially would try to follow the rumours, but quickly just stopped entirely. It's totally nuts -- way beyond anything we see in the NA sports leagues.

Besides which, Pulisic is signing with Liverpool. I read that in the North Wales Standard.

I took a deeper dive into international soccer about 3 years ago, and, yeah -- I initially would try to follow the rumours, but quickly just stopped entirely. It's totally nuts -- way beyond anything we see in the NA sports leagues.

Besides which, Pulisic is signing with Liverpool. I read that in the North Wales Standard.

My understanding is Real Madrid and Barcelona really do have an eye on Pulisic, but it is for marketing purposes as much as anything. The US is a massive media market and signing the best US player opens up a lot of revenue opportunities in the States.

Everyone assumes Pulisic will end up at Liverpool because of Klopp. But, I think he is playing at a level that can take him to an even bigger club. My completely uneducated guess is Bayern Munich.

Sepp is like that bad rash that seems to just about go away and then comes roaring back ...

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/soccer/sepp-blatter-hope-solo-sexual-assault-1.4398371

He was only helping her get up the stairs :p

Seriously its getting out of hand though, two weeks ago was holding tits left and right.

didn't grab them though, was offered them, but still we were all drunk hope no one sues me :p

My text messages to my buddy.

Me -"HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA"

Him - " you!"

Me - "neither of your countries are going to the world cup! HAHAHAHAHAHA!"

Him - " you!"

He was born in Italy and has lived here since he was 8.

I'm a good friend.

My text messages to my buddy.

Me -"HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA"

Him - "###### you!"

Me - "neither of your countries are going to the world cup! HAHAHAHAHAHA!"

Him - "###### you!"

He was born in Italy and has lived here since he was 8.

I'm a good friend.

Feel bad for Buffon though, but a great team won't play the WC.

So, now that my friend is good and drunk...

... he honestly cannot believe that Italy isn't playing in the world cup. He's distraught over this. I think it's hilarious! He's all "you don't understand! We have a chance to win it every year. The US barely even plays the sport." I just can't stop laughing.

Like I said before, I'm a good friend.

So, the WC stage is finally set with Peru the final side to qualify.

No Italy this time around, which doesn't seem right.

I'm calling it now ... the Germans will repeat.

France has a good team as well, dark horse I'd say Uruguay.

Brazil, Spain and  Argentina don't impress me much.

We need to get our defense sorted :(

Good article on the Player's Tribune from Christian Pulisic on the USMNT and the World Cup miss. He mentions a lot of the same stuff we talked about here, allowing our best players to train with the big European club academies instead of being a star in the weaker US leagues.

https://www.theplayerstribune.com/christian-pulisic-usmnt-world-cup/