Soccer (Football) ~ Everything About The Beautiful Game

Sabres Fan in NS

International breaks, especially one like this where nobody's even qualifying for anything, are absolutely soul-crushing.  

Gibraltar-Latvia, Faroe Islands-Liechtenstein, Kuwait-Cameroon on offer today, and that's it.  Blech.  

They should cancel those.

International breaks, especially one like this where nobody's even qualifying for anything, are absolutely soul-crushing.  

Gibraltar-Latvia, Faroe Islands-Liechtenstein, Kuwait-Cameroon on offer today, and that's it.  Blech.  

The MLS season has started ...  :ph34r:  :bag:

The MLS season has started ...  :ph34r:  :bag:

Which is fine, but 1: There aren't any games today and 2: Evidently ESPN took over the streaming package; I had MLS Live and it was good, but I literally do not know how to watch games this year.  

They make the NHL look like competent marketers of their product.

• 2 weeks later...

So how sorry is the state of Latvian soccer that they lose to freaking Gibraltar?  How does Gibraltar even have enough players to field a team?

I used to didn't like him, thought he was a bad team mate and crybaby.    

But I learned to appreciate  him more than messi, this guy takes care of himself. 

How high he jumps is just incredible, that and he does a lot of charity he doesn't make public.

I used to didn't like him, thought he was a bad team mate and crybaby.    

But I learned to appreciate  him more than messi, this guy takes care of himself. 

How high he jumps is just incredible, that and he does a lot of charity he doesn't make public.

He has really matured as a player and as a man.

And he finally knows what it takes to be a winner.  He was in tears when he could not continue to captain (on the pitch, anyway) Portugal to the most recent Euro Championship.

• 3 weeks later...

For any considered fan of the club, it has to be a day of mixed emotions. It was time for him to go, and yet -- dude's a legend.

One thing I've always heard about him: He did his very best to treat everyone associated with the club -- *everyone* -- with genuine kindness. That sort of thing always counts a lot, for me.

He has really matured as a player and as a man.

And he finally knows what it takes to be a winner.  He was in tears when he could not continue to captain (on the pitch, anyway) Portugal to the most recent Euro Championship.

Well I respect him a lot more since he said the reason he doesn't get a tattoo is because he wants to remain a blood donor.

that is more than most of us ever do.

And guess who may have committed an ethics violation with respect to the North American 2026 World Cup bid?

http://www.espn.com/soccer/united-states/story/3473333/president-donald-trump-tweets-support-for-united-states-led-2026-world-cup-bid

http://www.espn.com/soccer/fifa-world-cup/story/3473731/fifa-points-to-ethics-rules-after-trump-tweets-support-of-world-cup-bid

Please, please stay out of this.  I want the World Cup here.

And guess who may have committed an ethics violation with respect to the North American 2026 World Cup bid?

http://www.espn.com/soccer/united-states/story/3473333/president-donald-trump-tweets-support-for-united-states-led-2026-world-cup-bid

http://www.espn.com/soccer/fifa-world-cup/story/3473731/fifa-points-to-ethics-rules-after-trump-tweets-support-of-world-cup-bid

Please, please stay out of this.  I want the World Cup here.

It's funny that the second most corrupt (just behind the UN) is pulling the ethics card here.

Alright, that's enough Arsenal. Wenger may ###### off immediately. I don't give a ###### about the last game at home this weekend. Heck, they might storm the pitch and beat him to death. Begone, and never show your face again.

Why are any of the sides playing the countdown matches?  City ran away with another title.  Oh, yeah it's all about the pounds and cents.

Why are any of the sides playing the countdown matches?  City ran away with another title.  Oh, yeah it's all about the pounds and cents.

While the top of the table is set, relegation is still very much to be decided. Which is the genius of the format, only 2-3 teams wedged into the middle of the table play meaningless games at the end. As long as a team funded with money absolutely smeared in the blood of slaves and the oppressed doesn't run away with it... but let's all clap for Man City...