Soccer (Football) ~ Everything About The Beautiful Game

Sabres Fan in NS

my favourites to win

France, Brazil and Germany

a tier Below

Belgium, Colombia, Croatia, Spain, Argentina, Portugal, Mexico.

Russia is in a candyass group, dopes its players, is at home, and probably bribes officials and screws around with stadium, training, and hotel facilities.  I'd put it at least in that second tier.

I have not paid much attention to France, but way to go out on a limb with Brazil and Germany ...  :P

France made the progression I wish Belgium would have made the last two years.   

The new generation is here for them and they will be contenders again for years to come.

Russia is in a candyass group, dopes its players, is at home, and probably bribes officials and screws around with stadium, training, and hotel facilities.  I'd put it at least in that second tier.

Nah Russia is just to bad to be, even with all that they'll scrape by the group stage.

TFC!!

TFC!!

TFC!!

GGGGGOOOOOAAAALLLLLL!!

My sister played really high-level high school soccer.  Definitely would have played college if her high school coach hadn't driven the joy of the game out of her.  Maybe even would have worked her way on to a D-I team.

Her high school games were on par with this.  (OK, it's a SLIGHT exaggeration.)

This is a ###### league.

Edited by Eleven

My sister played really high-level high school soccer.  Definitely would have played college if her high school coach hadn't driven the joy of the game out of her.  Maybe even would have worked her way on to a D-I team.

Her high school games were on par with this.  (OK, it's a SLIGHT exaggeration.)

This is a ###### league.

Keep posting this stuff.  Really, you are a TFC lucky charm.

Keep posting this stuff.  Really, you are a TFC lucky charm.

Uh, sure.  Maybe my posts will also have an impact on the Swiss hockey league, which is probably on par with MLS.

Now that this nonsense is over, let's get back to our REAL regularly-scheduled soccer program...

I'm just gonna say, Everton hasn't lost a game since Big Sam came in.

I mean, they're beating the bad teams like they should, but that draw against Liverpool was definitely noteworthy. 

If they can beat Swansea and have a respectable showing against Chelsea I'll call it mission accomplished. 

I mean, they're beating the bad teams like they should, but that draw against Liverpool was definitely noteworthy. 

If they can beat Swansea and have a respectable showing against Chelsea I'll call it mission accomplished. 

All of a sudden they went from relegation to 10th place in the league. And I don't think they've even been that good. 

They are also the only team to even draw with Man City this year, so that's cool.

FIFA is a joke.

Russia is a pretty good side, but they are 99.9999999999999999% sure of advancing to the knock out stage.  Sorry Arabia and Eygpt, but you are the lambs at Eid this time around.

I read that they used ping pong balls to draw the groups. That remains the easiest lot drawing system to rig. Unreal - even for FIFA.

I'm just gonna say, Everton hasn't lost a game since Big Sam came in.

tenor.gif

• 2 weeks later...