Adam Pardy to Sabres

spndnchz

Chz, you misspelled "amerks."

Very nice.

IIRC, he also said Ales had a legitimate chance to make the team last year as well.

This has the cold ring of truth.

Darcy said McNabb will start in Rochester and that Pardy gives them some flexibility on def. I am thinking he starts in Buffalo.

I am thinking one or a few defensemen are on their way out.

It does seem like they have to trade someone, innit?

Scott won't play D for Buffalo...probably ever,

I sure as hell hope not. I hope he's on the fourth line occasionally punching people in the head.

Outstanding.

I agree with all of the above. With Ott we don't need Scott. With Purdy we now have several Dmen available for trade. (McNabb not being one of them)

I like the way this team is forming up...now we need a scoring winger - a good one.

Myers, Ehrhoff, Regehr, Sulzer, Leopold, Sekera and Weber are probably our top 7, that leaves Pardy, McNabb and Brennan to complete for 8th. McNabb will probably start in Rochester as Regier says but that still leaves to many NHL calibur Dmen. I'd trade Leopold and Brennan, that makes Pardy 7th and McNabb 8th. I like Brennan but we just have to many defensemen now, its absurd.

Myers-Ehrhoff

Sekera-Sulzer

Regehr-Weber

Pardy

Pardy time

I like. Who knows maybe he'll stick with the Sabres. At least he is a good option to have around. Maybe not just a throw-in / salary dump?

If I heard correctly on the video that inky linked, he's from the tropical island of Newfoundland. That's a positive in my books.

I agree with all of the above. With Ott we don't need Scott.

I don't agree. John Scott is a heavy weight. Steve Ott is somewhere between McCormick and Kaleta. A Cruiserweight maybe? He's tough, but I'd rather have John Scott for guys like Thorton, Prust, Janssens, etc.

Seems like the jury is still out on this guy. There is what chz found above, but I read the other day (can't recall where) he should do well in Lindy's system. Apparently he's a positional stay-at-home defenseman still developing and the writer thought that's the kind of D that does well in the Sabres' system.

Does anyone know whether he's been injured during the past couple of years, or just a frequent healthy scratch? He only played 36 games last year and 30 the year before that.

Assuming he was a healthy scratch for most of those non-played games, I'd guess DR had to take him back in the trade because Dallas wanted to unload his salary -- and that he'll be this year's Morrissonn -- ie sent down and available to the rest of the NHL via waivers.

Archived