Adam Pardy to Sabres

spndnchz

Does anyone know whether he's been injured during the past couple of years, or just a frequent healthy scratch? He only played 36 games last year and 30 the year before that.

Assuming he was a healthy scratch for most of those non-played games, I'd guess DR had to take him back in the trade because Dallas wanted to unload his salary -- and that he'll be this year's Morrissonn -- ie sent down and available to the rest of the NHL via waivers.

Rib injury last year...Must have been playing QB for the bills in his spare time...or coaching the sabres...

http://stars.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=594573

With Ott we don't need Scott.

I don't agree. John Scott is a heavy weight. Steve Ott is somewhere between McCormick and Kaleta. A Cruiserweight maybe? He's tough, but I'd rather have John Scott for guys like Thorton, Prust, Janssens, etc.

With Ott, we probably need Scott even more than we did before. He's going to be picking fights with basically every team we play, so it'd be nice to have a heavy weight around to back him up. Unless we actually like the idea of Steve Ott getting punched in the face by five Boston Bruins at once while Drew Stafford is flipping through the latest issue of Guitar World.

With Ott, we probably need Scott even more than we did before. He's going to be picking fights with basically every team we play, so it'd be nice to have a heavy weight around to back him up. Unless we actually like the idea of Steve Ott getting punched in the face by five Boston Bruins at once while Drew Stafford is flipping through the latest issue of Guitar World.

Some big guys too in Nolan and King.

Jordan Nolan - 6'3", 227lbs

Dwight King - 6'3", 234lbs

Colin Fraser- 6'1", 191lbs

Brad Richardson- 5'11", 191lbs

I agree with all of the above. With Ott we don't need Scott. With Purdy we now have several Dmen available for trade. (McNabb not being one of them)

I like the way this team is forming up...now we need a scoring winger - a good one.

We need more guys like Ott, to add team toughness and who can play a roll. We are still soft compared to final eight teams.

We need a quality center with size, as good ones make scoring wingers.

If it takes moving another soft core player like Vanek, do it. Power plays are down and that is his forte. His skating and stamina limit him from being an elite forward. Fine if he stays, but I'd move him in a heart beat to steal a #1 ctr with size.

Myers, Ehrhoff, Regehr, Sulzer, Leopold, Sekera and Weber are probably our top 7, that leaves Pardy, McNabb and Brennan to complete for 8th. McNabb will probably start in Rochester as Regier says but that still leaves to many NHL calibur Dmen. I'd trade Leopold and Brennan, that makes Pardy 7th and McNabb 8th. I like Brennan but we just have to many defensemen now, its absurd.

Myers-Ehrhoff

Sekera-Sulzer

Regehr-Weber

Pardy

There's no way in hell Pardy should be ahead of Brennan on the Sabres depth chart. Pardy is a 28 year old journeyman defenseman. Nothing I've read/seen about him suggests that he excels at any aspect of the game and he pretty much tops out as a 6/7 D.

Brennan was a pretty high draft pick (no.31 overall in 2007) and can do just about everything. His only problem has been the logjam ahead of him in Buffalo (if the Sabres hadn't brought in both Regehr and Ehrhoff last year, Brennan would have been a Sabre most of last season. He could still be something special. He's 1 year older than Sekera was when we finally let him play full-time in 2008-2009.

I'll be interested to see what Regier does here.

I don't think I've seen anyone take it to this level yet, so why not. We currently have:

Ehrhoff

Myers

Regehr

Sekera

Leopold

Sulzer

Weber

Pardy

McNabb

Brennan (RFA)

Pysyk

Gauthier-Leduc

MacKenzie

Crawford

Finley

Schiestel (RFA)

Biega (RFA)

Fienhage (does he still have a contract? I'm having trouble finding that one)

So depending on the status of the last three on the list, they still have a few too many bodies even for the AHL level. Even if it's something so minor as moving a Schiestel or Biega for an AHL forward, something has to give.

Archived