NHL 2012 Playoffs Thread

thesportsbuff

Where are all you schlubs???

Jeez.....Hockey Heaven my fat a$$!

Personally I was preparing to gloat (not so much here....I'm in a hockey pool and have a side bet riding on this series). Chickens counted.....the eggs however, have let me down. HATCH DAMMIT!

busy switching channels tonight between baseball , memorial cup and nhl game. Memorial game was a semi final between Shawinnigan and St. John. Shawinnigan is Jason Pominville's former jr. team, after Sabre season this year he returned home and participated in helping prepare Shawinnigan for Memorial Cup. Shawinnigan won tonight and on Sunday will play Dale Hunters London Knights for Memorial Cup Championship. In between periods many won $100,000 by shooting 16 pucks of 22 into net in 22 seconds. On Sunday a man will try to win $1 million doing the same.

good news for the evening Toronto Marlies defeated Oklahoma Barons 3 - 1 , and will now play for Calder Cup Championship. The will play the Norfolk Admirals...

The Devils are acting like they just won the Stanley Cup. L.A. is going to kick their butts. 5 games.

I was thinking the same thing. Wining a game in OT at home to make the Stanley Cup Finals and they act like this? :doh:

If the Kings take the first 2 games it's gonna be a sweep. if not its Kings in 6

If any team wins the first two games on the road it is likely to be a sweep.

Flyers made the playoffs last game of the season a few years back and make the Cup Final

Boston was one shot away from being eliminated first round last year and won the Cup

Devils one shot away in OT VS FLA in round one, off to the Cup

Such a fine line indeed.........

SMH @ all of those fans of teams in every league who advocate missing the playoffs if they're not a top contender. #6 v. #8 this year. Damn, could have been us.

ALWAYS do whatever it takes to get in. ALWAYS.

I still maintain this team ain't built for the playoffs. Too many passengers.

Guest Sloth

LA is not a typical number 8 seed. They were second in the NHL for goals against w/ a 2.07 during the regular season and in the playoffs they are at a 1.57! They did this against the number 1, 2 and 3 seeds. Losing only one game total to Vancouver and St. Louis is insane. I agree the team has played very well in front of Quick during the playoffs, but please give the guy credit. Quick is one of the best goalies in the NHL. A team's numbers would not be that good if their goalie was just above average. Quick is an elite goalie and I wish the guy was a Sabre.

Isn't this going to be the first time that a team lower than 5th place in their conference wins the stanley cup?

Edmonton and Philly were the only 8 seed to make a cup final. This series will be the first time two teams under 4th will play, thus guaranteeing the first sub-4th cup winner.

On another subject, I wonder if the Flyer brass are still patting each other on the back for shipping Carter and Richards out of town?

PTR

Edmonton and Philly were the only 8 seed to make a cup final. This series will be the first time two teams under 4th will play, thus guaranteeing the first sub-4th cup winner.

On another subject, I wonder if the Flyer brass are still patting each other on the back for shipping Carter and Richards out of town?

PTR

I'm sure the Flyers are happy with what they got back. Perhaps they should have asked for Quick. Sometimes you have to roll the dice in order to win the cup or in L.A. s case, make it to the final. If only we had a G.M. like Paul Holmgren who is more concerned with winning the cup than other peoples perception of his trades.

I'm sure the Flyers are happy with what they got back. Perhaps they should have asked for Quick. Sometimes you have to roll the dice in order to win the cup or in L.A. s case, make it to the final. If only we had a G.M. like Paul Holmgren who is more concerned with winning the cup than other peoples perception of his trades.

Amen!

Archived