NHL 2012 Playoffs Thread

thesportsbuff

Not sure why people have been complaining about this series. This game has been great. Sure it sucks not to have a team to back emotionally as we would the Sabres but there is something to be said about watching a game with an unbiased view. Lots to like from both teams as far as the emotion and effort and sacrifice. They're leaving it all out there. On another note Pyatt has really turned it on this playoff season and had some memorable plays.

I think the series as a whole has been pretty "meh" since the Kings just completely dominated the first three games. I don't like one-sided affairs...even with the Sabres they bore me unless it's against one of my truly hated teams. On the other hand, I agree that this game has been fantastic...it's taken me 2 hours (and counting) to finish what I'm working on because I keep watching the game for long stretches.

Roenick telling Millbury he's essentially a moron. Love it.

So happy to see the Kings in the final.

Same here. And I thought this was a good series, too. Lots of the kind of hockey a lot of us say we want to see.

Same here. And I thought this was a good series, too. Lots of the kind of hockey a lot of us say we want to see.

This series was much closer than the 4-1 result indicates, and Phoenix played LA better than any other team. LA just has a little more raw talent and it's getting them what they need.

It also appears that Sutter might be the man.

Roenick telling Millbury he's essentially a moron. Love it.

So happy to see the Kings in the final.

I'm sorry I missed seeing Roenick call out Milbury. Would've been a huge belly laugh for me.

i don't think there's any need to throw your proverbial arms around that broadcaster as one of the "gals." from where i sit, her lack of fluency with hockey has nothing to do with gender and everything to do with where she grew up and what she grew up watching.

Agreed - take a look at the stiff Channel 4 has reading the news on the weekends, Lou something or other. Aside from mispronouncing names of various communities in WNY, he reads the news the way most people would read the classifieds. And his attempts at banter are laughable. I give him another month before he is tossed to the scrap heap.

Was Dustin Browns hit late in the game suspendible ? IMO it was unnecessary and he seemed to go out of his way to make the hit. He had to reach to hit the target area of the opponents leg which makes the hit avoidable. Ugly hit.

Was Dustin Browns hit late in the game suspendible ? IMO it was unnecessary and he seemed to go out of his way to make the hit. He had to reach to hit the target area of the opponents leg which makes the hit avoidable. Ugly hit.

I have yet to see a good replay of it. I was just watching some TSN stuff and they seem to quickly brush over that section of the game recap.

http://www.sportsnet...ngs_conspiracy/

hit shown in link above.... consensus does seem to be, if this during season, he gets 3 games minimum.

Consensus from who? The Coyotes players? IMO no penalty. That was a good open ice hit. The whistle sounds at the same time as the hit yet some say it was after the whistle, Brown makes no move to stick out his leg and keeps the same path to the player hitting him first (by a split second) in the shoulder and the rest of his body follows through. Rosival knows better to be cutting across the middle like that.

Consensus from who? The Coyotes players? IMO no penalty. That was a good open ice hit. The whistle sounds at the same time as the hit yet some say it was after the whistle, Brown makes no move to stick out his leg and keeps the same path to the player hitting him first (by a split second) in the shoulder and the rest of his body follows through. Rosival knows better to be cutting across the middle like that.

Yeah, if anything, if the knee hit anything, it was the groin. All contact is made well above the knee. He didn't go out of his way to throw it and with all that traffic, it was completely unavoidable. Nothing will happen with this one.

Yeah, if anything, if the knee hit anything, it was the groin. All contact is made well above the knee. He didn't go out of his way to throw it and with all that traffic, it was completely unavoidable. Nothing will happen with this one.

Correct.

All thing come around. Brown's time will come. Guy has zero cred around league as he not a accountable guy. Mark my words, the day will come where we be talking about Brown getting his behind handed to him...

I've never really thought of him as a particularly dirty player. He's gritty, skilled, and goes hard. I like him and I wish him well.

Archived