NHL 2012 Playoffs Thread

thesportsbuff

Attention people occupying Jobing Arena, you may now take off your white T-shirts and return to not giving a crap about hockey.

Did you hear the cheers for LA???? Your quote is dead on. I would say at least a quarter the crowd were Kings fans. I live in PHX and when I go to games many in crowd are for the other team. Me included when the Sabres or Leafs are here. Just having the Kings in LA for 45 years and local media can't get names straight shows hockey doesn't belong in the desert.

I was ticked at how the game ended and was so happy that Jeremy bitch slapped Mike. That was AWESOME.

I wathced the brown hit like 25 times, i dont see anything wrong with it.

Obviously injuries are always unfortunate, but watch the hit in real time, theres no way tou can pull up going that fast in the amount of time that transpired between the whistle and hit. The laws of physics don't allow it. Browns leg also doesnt move. If anything, Rosey put himself in harms way by turning away.

No penalty, and no suspension is the right call. Cant call a player dirty for playing the sportthe way its meant to be played. I see it as an unfortunate accident that happened at the worst possible time.

I wathced the brown hit like 25 times, i dont see anything wrong with it.

Obviously injuries are always unfortunate, but watch the hit in real time, theres no way tou can pull up going that fast in the amount of time that transpired between the whistle and hit. The laws of physics don't allow it. Browns leg also doesnt move. If anything, Rosey put himself in harms way by turning away.

No penalty, and no suspension is the right call. Cant call a player dirty for playing the sportthe way its meant to be played. I see it as an unfortunate accident that happened at the worst possible time.

This argument can go both ways and nobody would be wrong. Apparently Kerry Frazer feels it should have been 2 minutes for kneeing based on his analysis on T.S.N s website. I like Brown and would love him in a sabres uniform. Exactly the kind of player this roster needs. Win at all costs.

If it's a kicking motion does it matter which part of the leg it hits?

I definitely agree you should be able to kick it in...or punch it in for that matter. As long as you don't glove your hand on it and throw it, a goal is a goal as far as I'm concerned. But hey, who needs common sense rules?

Common sense also says that allowing a guy with a sharp piece of steel on his foot to freely kick at something near a goalie is a recipe for disaster.

And as for the questions about MSG, the one thing I took away from that place was how strangely dark it was in the seating bowl.

And as for the questions about MSG, the one thing I took away from that place was how strangely dark it was in the seating bowl.

It also seems strangely dark when watching on tv. Its like you can't see the fans while watching television. I also noticed that there's no fans directly in front of the glass, they have some kind of weird walk way..... Oh well, I could never imagine not calling a place other than FNC home.

The devils got very lucky last night and Prolly shouldn't have squeaked that win out. A fortunate 3 goal lead early on should all but seal it, but they were not playing good at all. I give the rags full credit for the effort tho.

Im quite surprised at the playoffs in general. Philly. Crushes pitt then get crushed by jersey. While jersey barely handled Florida. And the rangers may be burnt out if they do make a comeback, squeaking by Ottawa and Washington of all teams. And who pegged the kings to demolish the west, I know I sure didn't.

You are right. It has been a very weird playoffs this year. I liked the Kings in the West but I didn't expect them to play as well as they did.

The East just makes no sense. I almost think New York just fooled a lot of people into thinking they were a team that they're not. Their defensive style helped them kill it during the regular season, but it seems to be letting them down in the playoffs. If New York does get to the finals they're going to have a hard time with LA.

Agreed, I honestly don't see either ny or nj beating the kings, but then again stranger things have happened. I really thought Nashville or st. Louis would come outta the west.

I am glad to see some different matchups in the finals, I was getting sick of pitt, detroit lol

Has anyone attended game a Madison Square Garden, how does it compare to a Sabre game. Is it loud , fun atmosphere?

It was loud the one time I went. The Blueshirts put 3-4 past Miller in the first 10 minutes. After that it was kinda quiet since not much happened. I think the Sabres put one in in the 2nd or 3rd.

Other people have said: yes, it's very dark in there, both the ice and the seats. And the ice surface isn't right up to the seats, and the seats start on the high side. I'd guess it was originally built for a smaller ice surface but the had to expand it to meet NHL rules.

Other things: the ceiling uses an interesting sagging construction, so the center is far lower than the edges. Also, the ice surface is a few floors above street level.

Exactly. It's a pretty obvious safety issue.

It still doesn't explain why a goal counts if you kick it in off your shin as opposed your skate, since the skate is still doing the same movement. If I'm trying to kick in a puck and it lifts off the ice...I'm still kicking at it, the skate is still in a kicking motion, it just goes off a different part of the leg, but it's no less dangerous of a play. Yet, that is perfectly OK within the letter of the rules.

It still doesn't explain why a goal counts if you kick it in off your shin as opposed your skate, since the skate is still doing the same movement. If I'm trying to kick in a puck and it lifts off the ice...I'm still kicking at it, the skate is still in a kicking motion, it just goes off a different part of the leg, but it's no less dangerous of a play. Yet, that is perfectly OK within the letter of the rules.

I think it comes down to player actions. If you allow kicked in goals, you're going to have players *trying* to kick the puck into the net fairly often. I think the shin pad bunt is a low percentage percentage play, few are going to try it often. But kicking at a puck that's laying on the ice will just have skate blades flying about since it happens more often.

But I'd disallow the bunt too, just cause it makes more sense.

It hasn't been a problem so far.

You mean for the Kings fan? (Yeah, I used the singular there.)

Seriously, that team is probably winning it all on Quick's back. And there will be 8,000 legit fans and about 2,000,000 bandwagoners celebrating it.

As for Quick, Sochi 2014. Let's go, buddy.

Seriously, that team is probably winning it all on Quick's back. And there will be 8,000 legit fans and about 2,000,000 bandwagoners celebrating it.

I've always been a Kings fan 2nd to the Sabres, I have to say I'm genuinely pleased for them. While they are no doubt a talented team I agree, this is largely Quicks doing.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xr05bi_dustin-penner-says-kings-need-bigger-bandwagon-to-accommodate-clippers-lakers-fans_sport

Just like every other team that has ever done well at any point.

Quicks been great but from what I've seen and I've watched their entire run he hasn't single handedly stolen the show. Its been a team effort across the board for L.A. Sure without Quick they're likely not where they are but its too easy to simply discount what his team mates have done and lay all the credit on him.

Quicks been great but from what I've seen and I've watched their entire run he hasn't single handedly stolen the show. Its been a team effort across the board for L.A. Sure without Quick they're likely not where they are but its too easy to simply discount what his team mates have done and lay all the credit on him.

Agreed. It has been very much a team effort. Guys like Richards and Carter are awake at the right time, as well as Doughty and Brown.

Their star players are playing like they are star players.

Agreed. It has been very much a team effort. Guys like Richards and Carter are awake at the right time, as well as Doughty and Brown.

Their star players are playing like they are star players.

yea that Brad Dohtee guy is great!

Speaking of him HE WAS PISSSED! when he got those penaltys and that bs offside call. I wish someone on the sabres would flip like that, instead the sabres are like a 75yr old who can't find his viagara even though the Maxim supermodels are drinking by his pool.

Not to take anything away from Quick, he is definitly part of the reason the teams there, but theres a reason why Bernier has also looked good when he played during the regular seasons too, the team in front is also pretty good. We aren't talking about the opponent they just put away, the Coyotes, who (similar to Buffalo) live and die by the play of their goalie, and rode Smith to the WCF. Quick was there to keep them in the playoff hunt when they struggled to get goals and is deserving of the vezina this year, but the Kings are where they are because the team is playing well as a team right now.

I can't believe the Devils early in the first period in the last game were able to put 3 past Lundqvist so early. The Kings have probably the best chance of beating the Kings, only cause of Lundqvist, they would need him to shut down the Kings offence and hope that they could get maybe 2 past Quick

yea that Brad Dohtee guy is great!

Speaking of him HE WAS PISSSED! when he got those penaltys and that bs offside call. I wish someone on the sabres would flip like that, instead the sabres are like a 75yr old who can't find his viagara even though the Maxim supermodels are drinking by his pool.

Derek Roy used to do that all the time and then he stopped because it kept getting him penalties. Doughty will get his.

Archived