NHL 2012 Playoffs Thread

thesportsbuff

Notice at last break two coaches having a little talk with each other, very animated...

I'm honestly not sure what Tortorella was pissed about....Rupp punched Brodeur in the face. Did I miss something?

Tonight's post-game from Torts should be pretty good. :ph34r:

"No"

"Keeping it in the room"

"I don't know"

*leaves room*

I'm honestly not sure what Tortorella was pissed about....Rupp punched Brodeur in the face. Did I miss something?

Torts was probably explaining that Rupp was not "headhunting", but was trying to shake hands with Brodeur when his face got in the way. :blink:

my guess is that he was mostly just jawing back at the devils coach (whose name i won't pretend to know - deboers, or something?). it was deboers, i am sure, who precipitated that give-and-take. tortorella was probably just telling him to do things that are anatomically impossible, suggesting that he go cry to his mother about it, stating that his mother is of questionable (canine?) pedigree, and quite possibly making irrelevant references to sh!tty things that devils players have done in this series.

like millbank said, torts was really just looking to gain/generate some mo'.

i also like puckdaddy's take on tortorella's presser -- that he was an arsehole by conspicuously not being an arsehole.

This is why us gals don't get taken seriously when it comes to hockey.

i don't think there's any need to throw your proverbial arms around that broadcaster as one of the "gals." from where i sit, her lack of fluency with hockey has nothing to do with gender and everything to do with where she grew up and what she grew up watching.

Must admit do wonder about Tortorella's act though. Given the NHL would appear to have a rather huge opportunity as t is very possible the two largest markets may have center stage in their respective markets given the baseball season early, the basketball teams out. Got to wonder if NHL offices may want Ranger management to have a talk with Tortorella to tone down the anti hero routine .

This is a really good game, innit?

innit? hmmmm.. must admit watched baseball most of night, switching back and forth to Memorial Cup.... now with both over looking at this, none of these teams thrill me. Kind of think you poking fun at me though... tie score now...

innit? hmmmm.. must admit watched baseball most of night, switching back and forth to Memorial Cup.... now with both over looking at this, none of these teams thrill me. Kind of think you poking fun at me though... tie score now...

No pokin'. I'm thoroughly enjoying this game.

No pokin'. I'm thoroughly enjoying this game.

Different experience watching games because one simply enjoys hockey rather than having a bias for a particular team. One can only imagine this forum and thread for instance Sabres involved. So much hockey still going on as we near June. Tonight watched Womens hockey, Memorial Cup hockey, paying attention to AHL playoffs .

Just watched Torts speaking, him being asked how is he going to get his guys to score, he says "Pray"....

Not sure why people have been complaining about this series. This game has been great. Sure it sucks not to have a team to back emotionally as we would the Sabres but there is something to be said about watching a game with an unbiased view. Lots to like from both teams as far as the emotion and effort and sacrifice. They're leaving it all out there. On another note Pyatt has really turned it on this playoff season and had some memorable plays.

As I sat down to watch this game i realized two things.

1. These two teams playing probably have the combined worst record in the NHL the last 10 years.

2. One of these teams will make the finals before the Sabres last appearance in 1999.

Archived