NHL 2012 Playoffs Thread

thesportsbuff

I'm sure they will. Hell, before the Conference Finals started they were favored to win it at 2-1 I believe, so even Vegas has bought in. I don't quite remember what the odds on the Rangers were, but I don't think they were too far behind.

I don't care about his size, or what he's done this postseason. The absolute last thing I want on the Sabres is another player with work ethic concerns. Going forward, I want the Sabres to focus big-time on getting guys who bring it as much as possible, rather than when they feel like it or when they're up for a contract.

It's all well and good bringing it every night but if you haven't got much to bring your still pretty useless. I see your point just guys like Ellis and Gerbe are a perfect example. They have all the heart but they just can't cut it. Penners ethic has been a concern but if he wants to come here having something to prove, a chip on his shoulder I'd be happy. We desperately we need someone with his side who can bulk out our 3rd/4th lines, someone who can wear down the other team. I'm by no means sold but I'm saying I think he'll have a good season next year and I think he wouldn't be bad for us.

Anyway, I'm getting off the subject, I'm hoping for an LA - Rangers final with LA taking it.

I wonder how the people in Philly will react if Richards and Carter win the cup. I like those trades from the Philly point of view quite a bit, but it really has to sting if it does happen. Then again, 8-10 years down the road, if Philly has a cup or two of their own, all is forgiven.

I wonder how the people in Philly will react if Richards and Carter win the cup. I like those trades from the Philly point of view quite a bit, but it really has to sting if it does happen. Then again, 8-10 years down the road, if Philly has a cup or two of their own, all is forgiven.

Philly should have traded them for a damn goalie.

Doan should not get anything. The guy turned away at the last second. Hanzel should get 3. Smith should also be fined (preferably suspended 1 game)

I hope Carter and Richards do lift the cup, perfect way to show the world what they can do

I don't think Smith gets reviewed. Slashing rarely rises to that level.

If there is an LA vs NY final, LA will have beaten the 1st, 2nd and 3rd seeds and NY will have beaten the 8th, 7th and 6th seeds :P

If there is an LA vs. NY final it will be the same two coaches that were in 2004.

Doan should not get anything. The guy turned away at the last second. Hanzel should get 3. Smith should also be fined (preferably suspended 1 game)

I hope Carter and Richards do lift the cup, perfect way to show the world what they can do

No way he gets three. Klesla only got one.

Shanny already said no SD for the others. Lewis turns just prior.

No way he gets three. Klesla only got one.

Shanny already said no SD for the others. Lewis turns just prior.

I said should, not will. I think that he might get a few games though as the Yotes were playing very dirty and the league might want to make an example

Shanny gives him one game. Semi-consistent this time around IMO

Same type hit as Klesla, one game.

The inconsistency back in March - Myers hit on Gomez. same type of hit, even explained by Shanny the same way, but Myers got 3.

In the first 73 playoff games here are the number of times teams have scored over 3 goals:

2011-12: 29/146=19.8%

2010-11: 49/146=33.6%

Pretty sad considering the Pens-Flerys series accounted for 7/14 of those.

Nobody's around? Oh... Well the Devils won. The Rangers didn't really get any good looks in the third. They just aren't as talented up front or as mentally tough as the Kings :ph34r:

Agree 100%. Rangers or Devils, either is going to have a tough time with the Kings' forwards.

I don't know about that - you may get a huge TV audience in the Tri-state area, but I don't know how well the Kings TV ratings would be if they made the Finals. The problem may be that the huge area between the coasts (and likely all of Canada) would give a collective yawn for an LA-Rangers Final. Actually, none of the four teams left excite me at all (and the rest of the US and Canada may feel the same). My only rooting interest is that the Cup goes to either the Devils or Blueshirts; If LA or Phoenix wins, that's one more team that got a Cup before the Sabres. (The list is pretty short already). Pretty sad reason to root for (or against) a team, but it is what it is.

You fail to consider the LA-vs-NY glom-fest you would get from ESPN among others. Plus what you said about markets between LA and NY would be true every year. Interest drops if your team is not in the playoffs. Yet, we're watching, aren't we?

PTR

Archived