Best Wishes To Sulzer

I am Defecting

I like him. An improvement on Grags imo.

I'll add that when I posted this I had no idea that he was gone for family reasons. Hope things are o.k., Family above anything.

Regardless we sure could have used him on the back end.

On the broadcast, Hodgson wished him and his wife well w/ this issue and KS reiterated that. Was his wife expecting in the near future?

Hopefully all is well with them and theirs.

I can't begin to imagine how horrible he must feel if something bad does happen to his family and he couldn't help with his professional family as well. I hope that things go better for his personnal situation.

Prayers go out to all of them.

if it's something personal, it's his business. possibly family. and *nothing* trumps family. not sports, not work, not deadlines ... nothing.

all the best to him. they better offer him a contract. he's a big reason we got as far on this little run as we did.

On the broadcast, Hodgson wished him and his wife well w/ this issue and KS reiterated that. Was his wife expecting in the near future?

I can't begin to imagine how horrible he must feel if something bad does happen to his family and he couldn't help with his professional family as well. I hope that things go better for his personnal situation.

Yup.

my sense was that the emergency was something less felicitous than the birth of a child -- otherwise, i think that tidbit would've leaked out. i inferred that something was wrong, emergently so. god willing, i'm wrong and he had to be off to welcome a new sulzer. i am hoping that they figure out a way to sign him -- he looked good with the Hoff.

Best to Alex and his family. I hope it all turns out well for them. Seeing how he had to go to Nashville, and he most recently played for the Canucks, he's been jostled around a bit. If he is the dman we saw this Spring, I hope he finds a home in Buffalo and stays awhile.

His wife wasn't due until May. I hope there are no complications for her.

Best wishes,

Chz

His wife wasn't due until May. I hope there are no complications for her.

Best wishes,

Chz

Prayers for the Sulzer family, but if it was a pre-mature situation even if her due date was the end of May (7-8 weeks early) the prognosis is still quite good for the baby. Of course as you mentioned there could be issues putting the mother at risk as well. A good friend of mine had a son born 10 weeks premature and he is a vibrant 2 year old today.

Prayers for the Sulzer family, but if it was a pre-mature situation even if her due date was the end of May (7-8 weeks early) the prognosis is still quite good for the baby. Of course as you mentioned there could be issues putting the mother at risk as well. A good friend of mine had a son born 10 weeks premature and he is a vibrant 2 year old today.

Agreed. I dated a girl who was 12 weeks early and friends have a wonderful 8-year-old son that was born 8 or 10 early.

Agreed. I dated a girl who was 12 weeks early and friends have a wonderful 8-year-old son that was born 8 or 10 early.

The positive of this is that, I personally know two individuals that were born <30 weeks and I have also delivered a child that was just as premature and they are all fantastic. If this is the need for the emergency, I am confident the doctors will handle this situation properly, although that's never what the individual has running thru their minds. My prayers and best wishes go out to the Sulzer family!

Archived