GDT: Buffalo at Washington (3/27/2012, 7:00 pm)

Doohickie

right now, i'd rather have the sabres in the playoffs. i can get a "consolation prize" the other 10 months of the year. playoff hockey is a beast unto itself, and there is *nothing* like it in the world. nothing gets me amped up more than watching it. and this is a critical time in my girls' lives. they live in utah--a relative hockey void. i pump in the sabres games via DTV CI every chance i get, and it's to the point where the girls ask, "is there a game tonight?" a yes answer gets me a million hugs and kisses. a no answer is greeted with sadness, despondency, and a general malaise around the house that must be suffered for at least another 24 hours. but not tonight. there *is* no malaise. there is electricity. there is excitement. there is anticipation. there will be pizza. and wings. and ... well, that's about it, but for us, that's plenty. picnic dinner in front of the tv mounted on the wall, watching and hoping that the sabres can garner 2 points. personally, i want washington to get 1 point (again, closer to knocking out ottawa, if they can hit another slide ... and i *hate* ottawa), but as long as the sabres win--reg, OT, SO ... don't care--we will go to bed happier and even more excited for the coming weeks. yup! posted that as a tweet a few weeks ago. got some good laughs from other sabres' fans. thought i'd post in there for the caps fans. :)

This begs the question, how long would you go without the "consolation prize" for the Sabres to make the playoffs? For the Sabres to win the Cup?

yup! posted that as a tweet a few weeks ago. got some good laughs from other sabres' fans. thought i'd post in there for the caps fans. :)

Hah! The funny thing is, they're hatin' on you and I don't think they've outed me yet. What mischief can I cause?

This is part of my pre-game ritual...

Please welcome the extraordinarily talented Vanessa Rae..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rxtKeYBQdr0

OH HELL YES!! I love her! Her version does everything right: Sabres theme song, sexy player, classic theme mixed with a whole lot of edge ... hell yes, Vanessa Mae!

Hah! The funny thing is, they're hatin' on you and I don't think they've outed me yet. What mischief can I cause?

Oh are they?! Ha ha! I closed that tab and haven't checked on it. Gonna go see what's going on.

Red lights are acceptable in the 2nd period

got a little crazy there. many red lights in the second.

if you read the stuff on the caps site you'll go blind. the dumbest fans in the nhl. people who come to the game to socialize and oh yeah time to scream ov scored, then back to socializing. last game i had 2 behind me that talked about everything except the game. also heavy cell phone use. get me another beer while you're up.

no worries, b-lo going away. 3-0 b-lo

Other than Minnesota, whenever I've see the Caps in one of these "must win" games recently, they don't blow anyone away... hopefully Buf comes out and plays one of those great road games like they have over the last few

But they win. Which is scary.

We need to play the game to end all games tonight. All out war.

This begs the question, how long would you go without the "consolation prize" for the Sabres to make the playoffs? For the Sabres to win the Cup?

We had this discussion in great detail at one point on this board IIRC. It considered all sorts of variables like whether "solo" adventures counted or not, etc. :lol: Maybe one of the board's more accomplished "search" users could res-"erect" that thread. Might help to kill these next three hours which I suspect are gonna feel like six. :thumbsup:

If we win tonight the hand in my avatar goes back into the ground...

EDIT: nevermind, I'll wait to get into the playoffs before I do that - don't wanna jinx anything!

We had this discussion in great detail at one point on this board IIRC. It considered all sorts of variables like whether "solo" adventures counted or not, etc. :lol: Maybe one of the board's more accomplished "search" users could res-"erect" that thread. Might help to kill these next three hours which I suspect are gonna feel like six. :thumbsup:

If we win tonight the hand in my avatar goes back into the ground...

EDIT: nevermind, I'll wait to get into the playoffs before I do that - don't wanna jinx anything!

I see what you did there...

The Sabres are playing tonight? HUUUUGE game and even though there are games after tonight, I believe tonight's winner makes the playoffs.

GO SABRES!!!

let us go, then, buffalo.

let. us. go.

Clap-clap-clap :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:, clap :clapping:, clap-clap-clap :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:. Clap :clapping:. Clap :clapping:. Clap :clapping:.

help-me-obi-wan.jpg

HELP US, OBI HODG. YOU'RE OUR ONLY HOPE!

Archived