GDT: Buffalo at Washington (3/27/2012, 7:00 pm)

Doohickie

I have something to say:

Aye! Loot all valuables, salt the earth and then move on....

A tennis player eh, where do you hit? I recently lost in a third set tiebreak to penn state this weekend, a win tonight will help me put that loss behind me

I just play for my highschool in WNY. Third set tiebreak losses are tough. Both of my losses last season were third set tiebreaks.

So tonight's the night all the off season and in season moves payoff..

Regehr has some not in my end checks

Erhroff gets a blue line rocket through

Leino keeps OV off the scoreboard

and

Hodgson adds a signature goal to his collection.....

I dunno.... is there?

Done. :pirate:

You did do it....

This game is going to come down to perfect team defense. The caps are the kind of team with speed up front to make a defense look stupid and get in behind them.

We absolutely must contain. Contain them along the boards, contain them in open ice, and make them as unable to play the puck as possible. If you stifle their offense, their defense and goaltending is very beatable.

This isn't game seven, it's game 8.

This game is going to come down to perfect team defense. The caps are the kind of team with speed up front to make a defense look stupid and get in behind them.

We absolutely must contain. Contain them along the boards, contain them in open ice, and make them as unable to play the puck as possible. If you stifle their offense, their defense and goaltending is very beatable.

This isn't game seven, it's game 8.

I'd say this is game 11

NHL's projected lines for tonight

Marcus Foligno - Tyler Ennis - Drew Stafford

Ville Leino - Derek Roy - Jason Pominville

Corey Tropp - Cody Hodgson - Thomas Vanek

Cody McCormick - Brad Boyes - Patrick Kaleta

Jordan Leopold - Tyler Myers

Andrej Sekera - Robyn Regehr

Christian Ehrhoff - Alexander Sulzer

Gerbe is also healthy but I can't see him getting the nod.

BTW- i live in the DC area and I noticed the Washington Post has been using the old Sabres slug logo whenever they show the Capitals' future games in the sports section. Finally got around to emailing the beat writer yesterday. Told them to get with the program! That logo was retired 2 seasons ago. Low and behold in today's paper they finally used the classic Sabres logo, as it should be. That, combined with a Sabres win tonight will make for a good day!

Roughly speaking ...

Right now, we're a coin-flip to make the playoffs.

Lose in regulation, we're two heads on two coin flips to make it.

Win in regulation, we're one head (or more) on two coin flips to make it.

Pretty much a 50% swing from best case to worst.

So your saying our chances to make the playoffs are the same as our chances to get head?

BTW- i live in the DC area and I noticed the Washington Post has been using the old Sabres slug logo whenever they show the Capitals' future games in the sports section. Finally got around to emailing the beat writer yesterday. Told them to get with the program! That logo was retired 2 seasons ago. Low and behold in today's paper they finally used the classic Sabres logo, as it should be. That, combined with a Sabres win tonight will make for a good day!

:worthy:

I'm fully expecting a 3 point game.

As am I. In fact, a 3-point game might be ideal, if for no other reason than it gets Washington a point closer to the playoffs. If Ottawa can get on another losing slide (crossing fingers), then both the Caps and Sabres have a chance at the playoffs. I have no beef with Washington. I cannot stand Ottawa.

exactly what I said. In my mind, that's the best case scenario, especially if Ottawa hits

My wife came to me this morning telling me about all of these errands we needed to run tonight. I just laughed at her. No way I'm missing this game or going the TiVo route.

My wife did the same thing. "Honey, there's an education night at the girls school from 5:30 to 7:30. Want to go?" Keep in mind that out here, the games start at 5:00. I just kind of sighed and said, "Honey, I'm getting some pizza and wings, and I'm watching the game. My guess is that the girls might want to watch too. The education night is really just the school regurgitating what they tell us in newsletters, with the added bonus of wasting school board money on donuts and bottled water. I'm staying home." That was met with some mutterings about "investing in our future," and "do it for the kids," and some other stuff that trailed off by the time she walked away.

My wife did the same thing. "Honey, there's an education night at the girls school from 5:30 to 7:30. Want to go?" Keep in mind that out here, the games start at 5:00. I just kind of sighed and said, "Honey, I'm getting some pizza and wings, and I'm watching the game. My guess is that the girls might want to watch too. The education night is really just the school regurgitating what they tell us in newsletters, with the added bonus of wasting school board money on donuts and bottled water. I'm staying home." That was met with some mutterings about "investing in our future," and "do it for the kids," and some other stuff that trailed off by the time she walked away.

Either way, it's a pretty good consolation prize.

someone isn't getting a consolation prize tonight...

all kidding aside, I love the atmosphere right now! This is edge of the seat hockey being played, and the team is actually showing heart. I don't have to look back too far to see a time this season where we were all saying that this team had no heart, and I didn't even want to watch some games. To be on the verge, and have meaningful games is a testament to this team getting some semblance of an act together (how much of one depends on your own opinion, but there is something there).

LET'S GO BUFFALO!!

*CLAP CLAP CLAPCLAPCLAP*

LET'S GO BUFALO!!

*CLAP CLAP CLAPCLAPCLAP*

LET'S GO BUFFALO!!

*CLAP CLAP CLAPCLAPCLAP*

Sorry ... couldn't resist. :)

This is from the Caps GDT.

. responded. your post was an absolute thing of beauty. i nearly wept with pride.

Oh. Was that you? :P

someone isn't getting a consolation prize tonight...

right now, i'd rather have the sabres in the playoffs. i can get a "consolation prize" the other 10 months of the year. playoff hockey is a beast unto itself, and there is *nothing* like it in the world. nothing gets me amped up more than watching it. and this is a critical time in my girls' lives. they live in utah--a relative hockey void. i pump in the sabres games via DTV CI every chance i get, and it's to the point where the girls ask, "is there a game tonight?" a yes answer gets me a million hugs and kisses. a no answer is greeted with sadness, despondency, and a general malaise around the house that must be suffered for at least another 24 hours.

but not tonight. there *is* no malaise. there is electricity. there is excitement. there is anticipation. there will be pizza. and wings. and ... well, that's about it, but for us, that's plenty. picnic dinner in front of the tv mounted on the wall, watching and hoping that the sabres can garner 2 points. personally, i want washington to get 1 point (again, closer to knocking out ottawa, if they can hit another slide ... and i *hate* ottawa), but as long as the sabres win--reg, OT, SO ... don't care--we will go to bed happier and even more excited for the coming weeks.

This is from the Caps GDT.

Oh. Was that you? :P

yup! posted that as a tweet a few weeks ago. got some good laughs from other sabres' fans. thought i'd post in there for the caps fans. :)

right now, i'd rather have the sabres in the playoffs. i can get a "consolation prize" the other 10 months of the year. playoff hockey is a beast unto itself, and there is *nothing* like it in the world. nothing gets me amped up more than watching it. and this is a critical time in my girls' lives. they live in utah--a relative hockey void. i pump in the sabres games via DTV CI every chance i get, and it's to the point where the girls ask, "is there a game tonight?" a yes answer gets me a million hugs and kisses. a no answer is greeted with sadness, despondency, and a general malaise around the house that must be suffered for at least another 24 hours.

but not tonight. there *is* no malaise. there is electricity. there is excitement. there is anticipation. there will be pizza. and wings. and ... well, that's about it, but for us, that's plenty. picnic dinner in front of the tv mounted on the wall, watching and hoping that the sabres can garner 2 points. personally, i want washington to get 1 point (again, closer to knocking out ottawa, if they can hit another slide ... and i *hate* ottawa), but as long as the sabres win--reg, OT, SO ... don't care--we will go to bed happier and even more excited for the coming weeks.

:worthy: :worthy:

well played sir :beer:

personally, i want washington to get 1 point (again, closer to knocking out ottawa, if they can hit another slide ... and i *hate* ottawa), but as long as the sabres win--reg, OT, SO ... don't care--we will go to bed happier and even more excited for the coming weeks.

I understand, but disagree. I want Washington to lose straight up. That point could come back and bite the Sabres. Two points to no points is a whole lot better. This Washington team will be in the playoffs IMO. Let them catch Ottawa on their own..

Archived