Foligno, Ennis and Stafford

kishoph

If there was, it was Vaive. Would have been nice to have gotten him a bit earlier in the career so we could have had him longer w/ a good / reasonable back. It always amazed me how he was able to transition his game from flying into the zone w/ a booming shot as a kid on the Loafs to a Phil Esposito style garbage man when he lost a step.

I wouldn't put Andreychuk quite into that class around the net. And speaking of guys that came to the Sabres' late in their career, Gillies could bring it when he was young in the corners and in front of the net.

this is a great conversation.

:cry:

May you be circumcised with the precision of a Tony Tanti deflection.

You have any idea how long I've been waiting to find an appropriate time to use the line 'lyin' sack o' Koivu?' And you come back w/ something this hurtful. :(

At least you didn't suggest getting an ear piercing via Zhitnik. :o

:w00t:

Really Lindy?.......Really? Did you really have to go there? Or is this just the indoctrination into the Lindy system??

Sabres coach Lindy Ruff cautioned Foligno’s play will inevitably dip.

“Marcus isn’t on an amazing run yet for me,” Ruff said. “He’s put together a good number of games. And there will be a drop off. There always is. There will be maybe a one- or two-game (stretch) where you’re going to need him to find his game again. It happens with all young players.”

So when will it be an amazing run for you Lindy? Or will it never be because he destined to needing to find his game. :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash:

rest of article: http://niagara-gazette.com/prosports/x223905534/Fast-start-has-Sabres-rookie-Foligno-in-rare-company

Really Lindy?.......Really? Did you really have to go there? Or is this just the indoctrination into the Lindy system??

“Marcus isn’t on an amazing run yet for me,” Ruff said. “He’s put together a good number of games. And there will be a drop off. There always is. There will be maybe a one- or two-game (stretch) where you’re going to need him to find his game again. It happens with all young players.”

So when will it be an amazing run for you Lindy? Or will it never be because he destined to needing to find his game. :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash:

rest of article: http://niagara-gazet...in-rare-company

Man, Lindy simply has to throw the worst parties ever.

Talk about being a kiljoy.

I'm betting he's just itching to break up that line.

Alex, I'll take over-analyzing things for $2000!

Ruff also said in the same article that the line is fun to watch and he feels it has a chance to score every time it's on the ice, and Foligno isn't all offense but made some really nice defensive plays. But hey, let's take 1 quote and over-analyze the crap out of it to continue the crusade against Ruff. What can possibly go wrong with that, I mean the Crusades were historically very successful......

I'd say those words are for Foligno. You've got to take some pressure of the kid knowing he's not going to continue scoring on 55% of his shots.

(As I officially add the word Foligno to my firefox dictionary) :thumbsup:

Yeah it is unfortunate that Lindy doesn't keep lines together as much as he should. With Ennis playing as our best center, we almost have a surplus of Centers, mediocre ones but still. Hodgson, ennis, roy, adam, varrone.

Watch out for Varrone getting called up next year, hopefully after they trade Roy away as he takes to much cap.

Also want to add that Leino has been playign a lot better. Go sabres.

Also want to add that Leino has been playign a lot better. Go sabres.

He seems to play better in the rougher games. He has a good edge when he's pissed off- more willing to stay with a check, more determined to get and hold the puck. I wish he had a little better vision once he gets it, instead of being a puck hog, but hey, if he's got it, at least the other team doesn't, and he's decent at controlling it.

I'd say those words are for Foligno. You've got to take some pressure of the kid knowing he's not going to continue scoring on 55% of his shots.

(As I officially add the word Foligno to my firefox dictionary) :thumbsup:

Finally some words from someone who has an idea of what a coach is actually trying to get across. I guarantee Lindy has had this discussion in private with MF and he would have been remiss not to do so. Whether he continues his torrid pace (and he won't) is not the issue Lindy is trying to convey. It's the idea to keep doing the things he's doing to continue to have a chance to be successful.

It's amazing how an innocuous remark just takes on a life of its own around here.

GO SABRES!!!

Finally some words from someone who has an idea of what a coach is actually trying to get across. I guarantee Lindy has had this discussion in private with MF and he would have been remiss not to do so. Whether he continues his torrid pace (and he won't) is not the issue Lindy is trying to convey. It's the idea to keep doing the things he's doing to continue to have a chance to be successful.

It's amazing how an innocuous remark just takes on a life of its own around here.

GO SABRES!!!

But, but, but... Lindy sucks! He's ruining him! Right? :unsure:

That wasn't to Foligno at all. That was about managing external expectations.

Seriously, if anyone expected him to keep scoring at the pace he has, they need help.

I may be in a minority, but I can't stand it when coaches go out of their way to apparently downplay expectations that simply are not there.

Of course he's spoken to him in private. I just hope he told something other than "You're not on an amazing run, for me".

Hence the remark about him throwing some pretty dull parties.

Marcus may turn out to be a top-6 forward(not what he is projected to be), but anyone expecting Foligno to be the player his father was, will be more than likely disappointed. Mike Foligno was not only tough as nails, but he had above average offensive skills.

He was one of my all-time favorite Sabres...

http://www.hockeydb....ay.php?pid=1730

That being said, Marcus has got off to a great start!

I don't expect him to be as prolific as Mike but I think he is the kind of guy who scores the goals you need scored. He's already proven his desire far beyond anything Kassian did in his stint with the Sabres. He makes some small heady moves each time I watch him play. So far it seems that he as a knack of being in the right place at the right time... I can live with that. I have no doubt he has the Foligno work ethic.. so damn.. I'm in.

i was thinking the same thing - that was one of the highest scoring eras in hockey - what does his average season translate to today - 20 goals? I could see Foligno (Marcus) scoring 15-20. Drive the net hard all day long all season long and that number is very realistic.

All I care about is watching him drive the other team nuts as he keeps driving the net. Right now I would just say he's efficient. No BIG hits, makes the little plays. It's the "simple" game analysts love to speak about.

I very curious to see how long Foligno can continue this current trend. His big body and decent offensive skills are a major attribute to that line and Ennis I think is a major reason Foligno has the points he does. I am hesitant to anoint him the savior/power forward we all have been hoping for.

I very curious to see how long Foligno can continue this current trend. His big body and decent offensive skills are a major attribute to that line and Ennis I think is a major reason Foligno has the points he does. I am hesitant to anoint him the savior/power forward we all have been hoping for.

His shooting percentage is around 50% and is currently producing along the lines of what Malkin did as a rookie. In other words, there's about a 0% chance this continues. His offensive production is going to drop off, and probably pretty hard. Even if by some miracle this continues the remainder of the season and into the playoffs, there's no way it lasts into next season. I love his game, attitude, and effort....but his current production levels are just unsustainable over the long haul.

His shooting percentage is around 50% and is currently producing along the lines of what Malkin did as a rookie. In other words, there's about a 0% chance this continues. His offensive production is going to drop off, and probably pretty hard. Even if by some miracle this continues the remainder of the season and into the playoffs, there's no way it lasts into next season. I love his game, attitude, and effort....but his current production levels are just unsustainable over the long haul.

If it continues while #26 continues his quest for inner peace then I am fine with it. Right now the one thing Foligno has going for him is the "IT" factor. For some reason he's in the right place, at the right time, and the right things happen. It can't happen forever but I'll take it as long as I can. I still maintain that for whatever reason that simply being a Foligno is helping him. The lineage is great. He's a cool kid and makes solid plays night after night. He's not perfect but I don't swear at him half as much as other players on the ice.

I wish they would adjust shooting stats for pucks that bounce into the net off of your ass while you're sliding towards the net. It counts as a shot, but yeah, that's not really a shot.

Not that it would change Foligno's stats one bit here, just more of a random thought than anything.

I wish they would adjust shooting stats for pucks that bounce into the net off of your ass while you're sliding towards the net. It counts as a shot, but yeah, that's not really a shot.

Not that it would change Foligno's stats one bit here, just more of a random thought than anything.

Do those two goals that deflected off Foligno count as shots for Foligno too?

Do those two goals that deflected off Foligno count as shots for Foligno too?

If you're credited with a goal, you're credited with a shot. It will count the same way if a puck deflects off you and the goalie stops it too. I'm sure someone has done it at some point, but I wish they could weed out those "shots" and put together a more telling stat.

Archived