Foligno, Ennis and Stafford

kishoph

This line has really been on fire as of late, here's a look at their stats in the last 5 games.

Ennis - 4 goals, 5 assist, 9 points. +9

Stafford - 2 goals, 7 assist, 9 points. +7

Foligno - 5 goals, 2 assist, 7 points. +6

Since Feb. 24 (13 games), Ennis has only had 3 games where he did not get at least 1 point, those 3 games happen to be the 3 games where Lindy moved him back to the Wing. Stafford has had only 5 games in that span without a point, 3 of those game were also when Ennis was moved. In the 6 games Foligno has been up, he has only 1 game without at least 1 point, his 1st game up. In 5 games that line has 11 goals and 25 points, that's a pretty hot line.

Ennis is the top center on this team unfortunately the coach hasn't realized it yet. But I think keeping this line together is smartest move right now

I'd have to agree w/ that.

They've got 11 of the team's last 20 goals and the 9 games prior to putting this line together, the team was scoring 2 gpg.

I'd have to agree w/ that.

They've got 11 of the team's last 20 goals and the 9 games prior to putting this line together, the team was scoring 2 gpg.

The idea of moving them around can't even be anywhere near his mind. This line could very well be the hottest in the league right now. They are now officially attached at the hip. Once Gerbe's back, one of those 4 recalls has officially been burned (assuming everyone else is healthy).

The idea of moving them around can't even be anywhere near his mind. This line could very well be the hottest in the league right now. They are now officially attached at the hip. Once Gerbe's back, one of those 4 recalls has officially been burned (assuming everyone else is healthy).

Vanek, Pominville and Adam were just as hot. All it takes is a bad game or two, next thing you know Leino is being forced onto the line.

Vanek, Pominville and Adam were just as hot. All it takes is a bad game or two, next thing you know Leino is being forced onto the line.

It was 6 bad games for Adam.

What is really going to change it is Gerbe coming back. Myers as well.

They'll have to send either Foligno or Tropp back to Roch when Gerbe is healthy. In the back of my head I almost hope someone bad gets hurt so they can both stay up.

McNabb should be sent down today. And who are you going to sit, Weber or Sulzer?

Do you enjoy anything at all or do you always just sulk in the corner?

Was there something incorrect about my post? You stated Lindy couldn't possibly be thinking of messing with Ennis, Foligno and Stafford, I simply pointed out a time earlier in the year when Lindy Ruff did exactly that. At this point, to think that any line combination is untouchable is absolutely foolish.

They'll have to send either Foligno or Tropp back to Roch when Gerbe is healthy. In the back of my head I almost hope someone bad gets hurt so they can both stay up.

McNabb should be sent down today. And who are you going to sit, Weber or Sulzer?

Couldn't they send Boyes to Rochester? At this point it wouldn't cost too much.

I think Adam has better hands than Foligno, but Foligno is a better skater, hits more and plays with more passion.

BTW, Tropp did pretty well last night with his opportunity to play with real scorers, too.

If Roy and Vanek would just emerge from their comas, the Sabres would be in good position to take that playoff spot...

Was Tropp called up post-trade deadline? It seems like he's been here longer.

Good post.

Can't they just send down McNabb, healthy-scratch McCormick and keep Tropp in the lineup?

I'd guess Sulzer sits but wouldn't be shocked if it's Weber.

Couldn't they send Boyes to Rochester? At this point it wouldn't cost too much.

Yes, but Lindy is going to want the veteran in the lineup.

I think Adam has better hands than Foligno, but Foligno is a better skater, hits more and plays with more passion.

BTW, Tropp did pretty well last night with his opportunity to play with real scorers, too.

If Roy and Vanek would just emerge from their comas, the Sabres would be in good position to take that playoff spot...

Where they are despite Roy and Vanek is impressive to a point.

Foligno shows the importance of not only having size but the willingness to go the areas where size matters.

Tropp seems to get what it will take for him to earn a regular shift in the NHL.

Good post.

Can't they just send down McNabb, healthy-scratch McCormick and keep Tropp in the lineup?

I'd guess Sulzer sits but wouldn't be shocked if it's Weber.

Yes, but Lindy is going to want the veteran in the lineup.

I would hope Lindy would want the better player in the lineup.

Well, if Lindy keeps the line together, he will be bashed for not moving someone like Ennis to the top line to get Vanek and Pomminstein going. If he moves one of them from that line he will be bashed for breaking up the hottest line

Theres nothing he can do thats right in Sabres fans eyes.................

Why would that be? It's post trade deadline and according to NHLnumbers they aren't up against the cap. Just burn another roster move and keep the 2 of them up. They'd still have 2 moves left iirc.

As to your question, I'd sit Sulzer but wouldn't be surprised to see it go the other way. His play has dipped the last handful of games from where it was w/ the adrenalin of a fresh start running strong.

I would ease Gerbe back in very slowly since the 4 lines are playing quite well as of last nights combo's. Then as Taro says if cap is not an issue keep them both.

I would sit one of the forwards who is a least contributor or who is needed based on the opponent. Same for Sulzer vs. Weber. For example against small fast team like Montreal I would be more inclined to play gerbe and sulzer vs CMc and Weber but when we play the bigger bodied nasty edge teams I take Weber and CMc for what they bring and keep rotating some fresh bodies in and keep everybody game ready.

Archived