GDT: Sabres at Ducks 2/29/2012 10PM

spndnchz

timestamp='[/color]1330532394' post='368456']

I hope Hodgson makes us forget about Kassian tonight. Not to vindicate Darcy, but to make me and my son feel better about the #54 KASSIAN jersey we had special ordered for Christmas! Talk about jumping the gun :doh:

Lindy said Kassian was one of the strongest young players on the puck he has coached, and the Sabres and Canucks both said a player like Kassian does not come around to often.

Kassian was around for 7 months as a pro, and I was amazed how fast people passed judgement.

How long did it take to develop Gaustad?

What ever happened to developing a player?

It seemed people were so desperate for something to change they were willing to give up on him.

Is it because Kassian did not come in like Superman, saving the day all by himself?

Were people expecting Kassian to get a Gordie Howe hat-trick every night?

Are these the same people that were calling for Gerbe's head?

How many games did Kassian play? Holy Sh*%!

Are fans going to call for Joel Armia to be traded next year if he does not produce in is first 20 games?

I guess that's what an ultra crappy season can do to the fan base.

If you want to crucify someone, why don't you crucify John Rigas and his pathetic sons who single handedly catapulted the Sabres into the long drawn out sh#$ storm that we are in today.

If it not for....

8th place is possible but it will be a tough race. Can't wait for Cody's first game tonight although I dont have high expectations. I am off to bed now as the game starts at 4am here... haha!

I'll be at the Honda Center tonight to see Cody's first game as a Sabre; should be interesting.

I hope Kassian scores the winning goal in game seven to win the cup :rolleyes:

NS is gonna make sandwiches out of your avatar, too.

He's a serb, not a cannibal.

Yeah, you and I are safe.

no - TSC is safe. You look delicious.

:huh: :huh:

Your analog brains just can't keep up today, can they? :P

Dennis and I are actually of the age that we are card holding members of the most advanced digitially thinking millennial superbrain. Better be careful.

Liar - digitals don't carry cards. They have chips in their cell phones they wave in front of readers and bump their contact info to others like greeks in a bath house. I put a sodomigo on my phone to prevent that type of thing.

Per Vogl and the Sabres official Twitter, the lines in practice are:

Vanek-Roy-Pominville

Ennis-Hodgson-Stafford

Gerbe-Leino-Kaleta

Ellis-Boyes-Tropp

So Leino who has pleaded "no mas" in terms of playing center is right back there again. Lindy at his finest. He ain't go anywhere!

Putting Leino at center and Hodgson on the second line is an acceptable compromise.

In other news, I officially have enmity towards the holier-than-thou people castigating the rest of us for "giving up" or similar on Kassian.

How truly schizophrenic it is to cry for a true center with leadership potential, and then bemoan this center's acquisition when no one in their right mind would expect this happening without paying a price.

And those who do reason sanely are the bad guys are for being...reasonable.

Putting Leino at center and Hodgson on the second line is an acceptable compromise.

In other news, I officially have enmity towards the holier-than-thou people castigating the rest of us for "giving up" or similar on Kassian.

How truly schizophrenic it is to cry for a true center with leadership potential, and then bemoan this center's acquisition when no one in their right mind would expect this happening without paying a price.

Some people around here just like to make doomsday predictions on 50/50 odds so that they can talk about how right they were if they get lucky and things go as wrong as they want them to.

You do realize what "going on a streak" entails, right? We're talking about 30 points minimum, maybe as much as 35 points. There are only 40 points left to collect, 16 of which are part of back-to-back games.

Would be fun if it happened because then the Sabres would be the most dangerous team to face in the playoffs.

However, keep in mind that the Sabres right now are closer to the 2nd overall draft pick than they are to the 8th playoff seed.

I repeat: STINKO FOR GRIGORENKO!!

Unfortunately 26 of those points are also on the road, they've been playing really well lately taking 8 points out of the last 10, but it's going to be a steep hill to climb to make the post season. I can't get my hopes up yet, bot I know I'll be more disappointed if they finish just shy.

So if Lindy is looking for 2 scoring lines to take most of the ice time; how about:

Vanek-Ennis-Pominville

Gerbe-Hodgson-Leino

Them maybe the others are:

Boyes-Roy-Stafford

Tropp-Ellis-Kaleta

Of course we all know that Lindy always as Roy and Stafford as his two favorites.

Lindy's qoute from http://blogs.buffalonews.com/sabres/2012/02/hodgson-starts-process-of-fitting-in-with-sabres-will-skate-between-ennis-stafford.html

"It’s more about trying to create two lines that can give us more of a solid offensive look. If we spread it out, we end up going to a three- or four-line look. I think we’d like to take a look at the top two lines getting the bulk of the ice time first."

i don't want leadership potential....I want LEADERSHIP!!!

This team still doesn't have a captain. It's still "the core" minus Gaustad who was the grittiest of the old guard.

If they somehow manage to sign Doan and Stoll in the offseason, then maybe I will think differently. I'm always being told "just wait til you see what happens on X-date". Darcy and Lindy have a track record of banking on leadership potential. Take a look tonight who is wearing letters, the $80 million Mr. Pegula paid out this year, and the standings, and that pretty much tells you how well that plan has worked the past 5 years.

Here's hoping he turns out a heck of a lot better than the last guy to wear #19....who has also a center.

Interestingly enough, Lindy made his play and skillset sound very similar to Timmy's during his chat with the bulldog yesterday. Mentioned great hands, a skilled playmaker who plays responsible in the defensive end as well. I've also heard/read that he's got a hell of a shot, though it is maybe not used as much as people would like due to his playmaking side. Sounds a good deal like Connolly, so we will see if it pans out like that.

i don't want leadership potential....I want LEADERSHIP!!!

This team still doesn't have a captain. It's still "the core" minus Gaustad who was the grittiest of the old guard.

If they somehow manage to sign Doan and Stoll in the offseason, then maybe I will think differently. I'm always being told "just wait til you see what happens on X-date". Darcy and Lindy have a track record of banking on leadership potential. Take a look tonight who is wearing letters, the $80 million Mr. Pegula paid out this year, and the standings, and that pretty much tells you how well that plan has worked the past 5 years.

Just to be clear, this team doesn't have YOUR idea of a captain.

Carry on.

GO SABRES!!!

Interestingly enough, Lindy made his play and skillset sound very similar to Timmy's during his chat with the bulldog yesterday. Mentioned great hands, a skilled playmaker who plays responsible in the defensive end as well. I've also heard/read that he's got a hell of a shot, though it is maybe not used as much as people would like due to his playmaking side. Sounds a good deal like Connolly, so we will see if it pans out like that.

I don't think he skates as well as Connolly from what I've read and heard from Canuck fans.

GO SABRES!!!

I'd rather see Szczechura called up and centering the third line rather than 1 million per goal Leino on the ice. And FWIW,

Bissonnette for the Coyotes tried to get Kassian to fight him last night and Zack backed down. His stat line from last night showed 1 SOG and 2 PIM, which he took late in the third of a tied game. Here's hoping Hodgson has a better stat line tonight.

And on the gas subject, the govt took 25 cents of every gallon of gas sold last year and was supposed to use it for highway repairs. Instead, all that money went to the war.

Just to be clear, this team doesn't have YOUR idea of a captain.

Carry on.

GO SABRES!!!

True.

Considering Sizzle called Pominville "The Charlie Browniest of the Charlie Browns" on this team, I wonder if he thinks the leadership on this team is in a good spot? Maybe Hodgson is the next Mark Zuckerberg. Who knows?

Be excited. I love watching how the new guys play. I will be watching tonight and I sure as heck will be watching on Saturday.

Archived