GDT: Sabres at Ducks 2/29/2012 10PM

spndnchz

I'll take a slight downgrade in skating, if that's the case, for a huge upgrade in attitude/effort, if that's the case.

Hopefully he doesn't have a glass jaw either. Him wearing 19 kinda scares me and better not be a curse.

I'll take a slight downgrade in skating, if that's the case, for a huge upgrade in attitude/effort, if that's the case.

Every day of the week! Not to mention his reported awareness and hockey IQ. If those reports are true, I can see him really liking to play with a creative guy like Vanek.

Make it so, Lindy!

GO SABRES!!!

True.

Considering Sizzle called Pominville "The Charlie Browniest of the Charlie Browns" on this team, I wonder if he thinks the leadership on this team is in a good spot? Maybe Hodgson is the next Mark Zuckerberg. Who knows?

Be excited. I love watching how the new guys play. I will be watching tonight and I sure as heck will be watching on Saturday.

That rings a bit hollow after all the posts I've read. I'm sure you'll be rooting hard for your previously implied desire to see Kassian kick the crap out of Hodgson and Kaleta, though.

GO SABRES!!!

Hopefully he doesn't have a glass jaw either. Him wearing 19 kinda scares me and better not be a curse.

Well, if anyone gets lit up like Connolly did in the playoffs against the Sens, he's gonna be concussed. Nothing you can do about it. Hodgson is reputed to always be playing with his head up and looking for the next play so at least he has a chance of seeing that kind of hit coming.

GO SABRES!!!

Some people around here just like to make doomsday predictions on 50/50 odds so that they can talk about how right they were if they get lucky and things go as wrong as they want them to.

Go back into the archives and read some stuff from the summer of 2005.

That rings a bit hollow after all the posts I've read. I'm sure you'll be rooting hard for your previously implied desire to see Kassian kick the crap out of Hodgson and Kaleta, though.

Where is saying I think something will happen means a desire for it to happen.

"I think Steve Jobs will die" means :I want Steve Jobs to die"???

Kassian has tons of pressure on him now. He admitted he was nervous coming into the room. Now you have a goon twattering about him. It is the recipe for Kassian to parlay himself a ton of respect and quickly being cemented as a Canuck if he goes and crushes some of his ex-teammates. The game is in Vancouver.....as much as everyone here hopes that Hodgson was a steal....Vancouver hopes the same about Kassian....and what better way than to send the guy they just gave up ass-over-teakettle? If that happens, who from Buffalo will stand up to him? I said Regehr, Weber or Kaleta are the only 3. If Kassian just rocked someone and Kaleta doesn't hide or turtle, Kassian could beat the daylights out of him. You don't get a golden chance like this too often.

For your information, in his first game against the Sabres after getting traded, Lindy Ruff went after Mike Ramsay to try and fight......and Ramsay was his best friend on the team. If Lindy is smart, he tells his guys to leave a sleeping dog lie.

True.

Considering Sizzle called Pominville "The Charlie Browniest of the Charlie Browns" on this team, I wonder if he thinks the leadership on this team is in a good spot? Maybe Hodgson is the next Mark Zuckerberg. Who knows?

Be excited. I love watching how the new guys play. I will be watching tonight and I sure as heck will be watching on Saturday.

Lately, we haven't disagreed much, but there is always something.

I doubt Hodgson is going to step in and shake up the locker room, not now, not next season. I have no idea what this kid is going to do. I do know that he comes with a lot of hype. I do know that he's a center, and that people who are familiar with his game think coming to the Sabres is a great opportunity for him to stretch out his wings. His numbers are good for having low minutes. But really, the bottom line is that the Sabres needed a center - a good center. And it had/has to be someone ready to step into the NHL NOW, not be in development for another season, and not have their bearings for several seasons to come. Besides some mind-numbingly impossible machinations, this kid is probably about the best we can hope from Regier right now.

Pominville is far from an ideal leader as far as I'm concerned. The Sabres still have work to do. As I have said repeatedly, I don't trust Regier to make the right choices. I have to admit I am impressed he got his first round pick for Gaustad, and that he got rid of Gaustad in the first place. Was it luck? Skill? I don't know. Do you? Let's hope he can make the right decisions over the summer. Unless someone here is willing to go place a horse's head in his bed, send him some dead fish, assault him in a dark alley, we have no choice, as fans, but to wait and see what the team does. Of course, we can always give up on the team. These latter things are personal choices; I would advise none of them. At this point, we can only hope the Sabres "figure it out" and find someone to lead this team on the ice to a cup.

Otherwise, I really don't understand why you responded to my post. It wasn't directed at you - in fact, you (and Deluca) weren't really the people I was thinking about when I wrote that post.

I still think the team is a mess, and I have over the past few days really come to distrust Miller's influence on the team. I'm almost wondering if some of the negative influences I imagine Roy having on the team are more rightly attributed to Miller.

But, trading Kassian for Hodgson seems like a pretty good step to me. STEP. Seriously, you can't possibly believe they can snap their fingers and have the ideal player available. Players, like anything, require development. Kassian's development trajectory started going wrong early in the season and was never corrected. It took, what, 10 years to develop Gaustad into a first-round-worthy pick. I'm not interested in waiting 5 years for Kassian to figure it out and reach whatever potential we may imagine he has. Hodgson seems a lot closer than Kassian. And I have bought into the Cup in 3 years idea - most of us have, hence the outrage from the fans all season long.

Where is saying I think something will happen means a desire for it to happen.

"I think Steve Jobs will die" means :I want Steve Jobs to die"???

Kassian has tons of pressure on him now. He admitted he was nervous coming into the room. Now you have a goon twattering about him. It is the recipe for Kassian to parlay himself a ton of respect and quickly being cemented as a Canuck if he goes and crushes some of his ex-teammates. The game is in Vancouver.....as much as everyone here hopes that Hodgson was a steal....Vancouver hopes the same about Kassian....and what better way than to send the guy they just gave up ass-over-teakettle? If that happens, who from Buffalo will stand up to him? I said Regehr, Weber or Kaleta are the only 3. If Kassian just rocked someone and Kaleta doesn't hide or turtle, Kassian could beat the daylights out of him. You don't get a golden chance like this too often.

For your information, in his first game against the Sabres after getting traded, Lindy Ruff went after Mike Ramsay to try and fight......and Ramsay was his best friend on the team. If Lindy is smart, he tells his guys to leave a sleeping dog lie.

Kassian parlayed more respect for declining to goon it up with Bissonette. He has nothing to gain by going after players 30-40 lbs. lighter in the form of Hodgson, who you previously warned "better keep his head up." If Kaleta gets under his skin and he falls for it I'd be shocked because he's not that stupid. Canuck fans want to see him play like he did last night more than anything else. But I don't think anyone on the Sabres is gonna ask him to dance anyway. Why would they? And if Kassian asks anyone other than Regehr or Webber then he is just a schoolyard bully returning to his junior league form. He has little to gain.

Good for Lindy and Ramsey. At least they were an even match. There are no friends on the ice anyways.

GO SABRES!!!

Roby lit him up this morning too. It's in the WGR audio vault.

I heard it as it happened. I'm just too busy to be the board's stenographer.

What did Miller say...something like "it's nice they got a pick and all, it'll be good for something". Yeesh.

I'd rather see Szczechura called up and centering the third line rather than 1 million per goal Leino on the ice. And FWIW,

Bissonnette for the Coyotes tried to get Kassian to fight him last night and Zack backed down. His stat line from last night showed 1 SOG and 2 PIM, which he took late in the third of a tied game. Here's hoping Hodgson has a better stat line tonight.

And on the gas subject, the govt took 25 cents of every gallon of gas sold last year and was supposed to use it for highway repairs. Instead, all that money went to the war.

I can't believe you can spell Chewy's name. Well done.

Anyway, to be fair, Kassian was impressive in his debut last night. Showed a lot of the offensive potential we've seen. His energy seemed to ebb in the latter part of the game but that's to be expected and he was very smart not to get goaded into a goon match. Canuck fans should be happy.

GO SABRES!!!

I can't believe you can spell Chewy's name. Well done.

Anyway, to be fair, Kassian was impressive in his debut last night. Showed a lot of the offensive potential we've seen. His energy seemed to ebb in the latter part of the game but that's to be expected and he was very smart not to get goaded into a goon match. Canuck fans should be happy.

GO SABRES!!!

I had to go to the Amerks website to get the correct spelling for Chewy. :P

Here's hoping he turns out a heck of a lot better than the last guy to wear #19....who has also a center.

Off the top of my head I really can't think of any Sabres that wore #19 other than Connolly and Brian Holzinger (another Center), I've got a pretty bad memory though, so I'm sure I'm missing a few. Maybe Hodgson will do the number as proud as Yzerman did.

Off the top of my head I really can't think of any Sabres that wore #19 other than Connolly and Brian Holzinger (another Center), I've got a pretty bad memory though, so I'm sure I'm missing a few. Maybe Hodgson will do the number as proud as Yzerman did.

No one of note has worn it.

Tim Connolly, Norm Milley, Brian Holzinger, Randy Wood, Tony Tanti, Kevin Maguire, Bob Corkum, Doug Trapp, Bob Halkidis, Jim Wiemer, Sean McKenna, Jeff Eatough, Randy Cunneyworth, Derek Smith, Alex Tidey, Morris Titanic, Fred Stanfield, Steve Atkinson, Francois Lacombe, Brian Perry.

Tim Connolly, Norm Milley, Brian Holzinger, Randy Wood, Tony Tanti, Kevin Maguire, Bob Corkum, Doug Trapp, Bob Halkidis, Jim Wiemer, Sean McKenna, Jeff Eatough, Randy Cunneyworth, Derek Smith, Alex Tidey, Morris Titanic, Fred Stanfield, Steve Atkinson, Francois Lacombe, Brian Perry.

Thank you, I see quite a few of the early Sabres wore it. I always remember Fred Stanfield as #17, he must of not worn #19 very long.

Don't ask why I know this(especially considering I can't remember what I had for supper last night), but Titanic's career stat line for the Sabres reads 19 GP, and then a bunch of zeros next to it.

"If Brian Holzinger ever learns how to score on breakaways, he's going to be a 50 goal scorer." - Literally every Sabres fan in Buffalo, 1996-1999

Archived