GDT: Sabres at Ducks 2/29/2012 10PM

spndnchz

Finally! Some games that start after I get done working for a change! You guys gonna watch in your footie pajamas?

Footies don't fit me.. but I'll be wearing my underoos.

WGR reported that it will be Hodgson between Ennis and Stafford

I hate the idea of putting Ennis back on the wing, not because he can't play there, but on a team in need of Centers, Lindy removes a player that was working out at the position, which leaves us with 1 less Center than before we picked up a Center in a trade (Hodgson). I guess that Lindy wasn't going to take his son away from Vanek and Pommers.

It could be that it would be easier to move Ennis now and let Hodgson play the 2nd line because it causes the least disruption when the guy has barely had time to work out with the team. He had to fly to Buffalo so he could fly to Anaheim. So you leave Roy on Line 1 for now because that leaves at least one line untouched. You move Ennis and plug Hodgson in because, first you hope he can somehow help Stafford score, and second it's an offensive line. You then muck around with 3 and 4 because you weren't expecting much from them. Once Hodgson has been with the team a week and there's time to jumpble things around then perhaps we'll see something different.

Moving ennis to the wing! Great! Nice job Lindy............hinder your players abilities some more. Always taking steps backwards.

See my comment above. Way to fly off the handle before you've even seen anything happen. Why not wait until you can see Ruff mess this up before prognosticating the doom of the world. Do you do this in all facets of your life or is this just reserved for online forums?

Are you the last person in America without a DVR? If so, you must still own your VCR - can you connect it to your console TV?

Nope, not the last. I have no DVR, Tivo or whatever. Could not even tell you if those two things do the same thing.If I miss it on tv, it's like it never happened.That's why part of me was still hoping the MSG issue had not been resolved until this team found itself again - kind of...not really

Nope, not the last. I have no DVR, Tivo or whatever. Could not even tell you if those two things do the same thing.If I miss it on tv, it's like it never happened.That's why part of me was still hoping the MSG issue had not been resolved until this team found itself again - kind of...not really

spend the extra 10 bucks a month and get a damn cable box DVR! I love that I can set my direcTV DVR from my phone!

I don't see how the Sabres can pass any of these 8 teams in order to make the playoffs: Rangers, Flyers, Penguins, Devils, Bruins, Senators, Panthers, Capitals

I think the only course of action left to take is: STINKO FOR GRIGORENKO!

Sabres can make the 7th or 8th spot if they go on a streak. Whoever wins the SE division (Wsh, Wpg, or Fla) is probably going to be the only SE team in. Toronto has been sucking as of late, and with a few wins strung together, we could be right there. I don't see the Sabres doing any better than 7th, but I could see them overtaking 8th place...the biggest thing though is for them to stay consistent.

Side note, anyone have an update on what their record has to be going forward to hit the "sweet spot" in points?

I hope Hodgson makes us forget about Kassian tonight. Not to vindicate Darcy, but to make me and my son feel better about the #54 KASSIAN jersey we had special ordered for Christmas! Talk about jumping the gun :doh:

I hope Kassian scores the winning goal in game seven to win the cup :rolleyes:

If they're going by the interview yesterday with Schopp and Parker, then the lines aren't definite. Lindy was uncertain how he was going to put the lines together and the Ennis, Hodgson, Stafford line was a thought.

On the Howard Simon show this morning, they made it sound like it was decided (they were for the move), then again the way Lindy flip flops lines, it might only last 2 shifts.

Sabres can make the 7th or 8th spot if they go on a streak. Whoever wins the SE division (Wsh, Wpg, or Fla) is probably going to be the only SE team in. Toronto has been sucking as of late, and with a few wins strung together, we could be right there. I don't see the Sabres doing any better than 7th, but I could see them overtaking 8th place...the biggest thing though is for them to stay consistent.

Side note, anyone have an update on what their record has to be going forward to hit the "sweet spot" in points?

You do realize what "going on a streak" entails, right? We're talking about 30 points minimum, maybe as much as 35 points. There are only 40 points left to collect, 16 of which are part of back-to-back games.

Would be fun if it happened because then the Sabres would be the most dangerous team to face in the playoffs.

However, keep in mind that the Sabres right now are closer to the 2nd overall draft pick than they are to the 8th playoff seed.

I repeat: STINKO FOR GRIGORENKO!!

If the Sweet spot is 92 points then they have to go 14-4-2. If they do that, sportsclubstats.com says they will have an 84.5% chance of making the playoffs. Currently they have a 2.2% chance of making it, according to them.

If the Sweet spot is 92 points then they have to go 14-4-2. If they do that, sportsclubstats.com says they will have an 84.5% chance of making the playoffs. Currently they have a 2.2% chance of making it, according to them.

Thanks. I knew it was somewhere around there. the optimist in me says that's not impossible, especially if they turn any of those 4 L's into OTL's...but the realist in me says it ain't going to happen. who knows.

Keep in mind that we have many west coast brothers that don't get to watch most games live, if at all. Myself included. I DVR every game, and I can't count how many games I've watched when I've already inadvertantly seen the score on ESPN or on Facebook. 7pm PST games and games on weekends are a God-send to us because we finally get to watch live and there's no way someone/thing told us the score.

DOUBLE BONUS: I can actually attend this game. It's the only Sabres game that's been played in the Los Angeles area in the past two years.

So, enough kvetching, I'm excited as ###### to go to this game. I'm bailing out of work at 3, gettin' my ass down the 405 before it locks up, chowing some food, pounding a few beers, watching me some live Cody Hodgson, and scaring away all the crickets in my section.

Archived