GDT: Dallas at Sabres 2/10/12 7:30 PM

spndnchz

What line does Vanek play on? Does Stafford sit? How big is Stafford's nose today? Which team will show up - the Ruff Mopers, or the Jeep Warriors? Will Tyler Myers come out of his shell and play the mean and nasty? Do we see the balanced Miller-san, or Mr. Softee?

These, and many other questions are answered in the next episode of "Regular Season Sabres Hockey"...

What line does Vanek play on? Does Stafford sit? How big is Stafford's nose today? Which team will show up - the Ruff Mopers, or the Jeep Warriors? Will Tyler Myers come out of his shell and play the mean and nasty? Do we see the balanced Miller-san, or Mr. Softee?

These, and many other questions are answered in the next episode of "Regular Season Sabres Hockey"...

I doubt we will see a Lindy Special tonight. I expect James Patrick to have his team prepared to play as he did against the Bruins. Hopefully Lindy Ruff heals like Tim Connolly and will be out of action for some time. It would be interesting to see how close James Patrick can get this team to a playoff spot.

I'd say Vanek goes to the 1st line and Leino goes down to the 3rd. Leino has played better but you don't take Vanek off the 1st line. One other option that I wouldn't mind seeing is putting Vanek with Gerbe and Ennis, leaving Leino and Stafford to fight it out to go on Roy's line and if that was the case I'd give the most time to the Ennis line.

I doubt we will see a Lindy Special tonight. I expect James Patrick to have his team prepared to play as he did against the Bruins. Hopefully Lindy Ruff heals like Tim Connolly and will be out of action for some time. It would be interesting to see how close James Patrick can get this team to a playoff spot.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I'd say Vanek goes to the 1st line and Leino goes down to the 3rd. Leino has played better but you don't take Vanek off the 1st line. One other option that I wouldn't mind seeing is putting Vanek with Gerbe and Ennis, leaving Leino and Stafford to fight it out to go on Roy's line and if that was the case I'd give the most time to the Ennis line.

I like the idea of Vanek with Ennis and Gerbial. Ennis is starting to look like best center on the team right now.

My money is on Adam sitting tonight.

I'm beating a dead horse but....

Adam should not be sitting. He should be in Rochester with Kassian and Foligno playing 17-20 minutes a game. His development as a player is going backwards playing 8 minutes a game with Ellis and McCormick. Szchfsasasff or Whitmore would be much better options playing on the 4th line with Ellis & McCormick.

i'm still befuddled as to how he made the all-star roster. i consider myself rather well-versed in the goings-on of the season, and he just hasn't impressed me, especially in december/january/february. i've seen spats of brilliance and potential, but that's it--not much else.

No way would I move Leino right now as he is playing his best hockey all year. Vanek is much easier to move so don't mess with it. Although it is going to be extremely tough to make a run to 8th, you have to keep in mind that Buffalo is once again playing like every game is a must win. When you face other teams that don't have that same mindset, wins usually outweigh the losses by a lot.

Is two games led by James Patrick a large enough sample size? :nana:

Hopefully the team continues its hot streak and plays another strong positional game in their own zone and finishes on their chances. I never thought I would say this but does Vanek coming back impair the growing chemistry of the lieno/pommers and the ennis/gerbe lines?

Hopefully the team continues its hot streak and plays another strong positional game in their own zone and finishes on their chances. I never thought I would say this but does Vanek coming back impair the growing chemistry of the lieno/pommers and the ennis/gerbe lines?

1. They're still led by Ruff.

2. Vanek seems to think so. Didn't he say something yesterday about having to play his way back into the top line?

Interesting quote from Mike Weber,

‘”Everyone is extremely hockey smart,” Weber said. “Obviously, you miss the veteran leadership of Lindy, but just like our team in here, they’re all leaders and they’re all coaches for a reason.”‘

He seems to be referring to the assistant coaches as "hockey smart" and "leaders" and refers to Lindy as a veteran. All he could come up with for Lindy is longevity? Interesting. :rolleyes:

After the great win against Boston all I have to say is GO SABRES ! Crapped the bed on my prediction for the Bruins game so I'll refrain from playing Edgar Casey and just enjoy the game.

I'm just glad you changed your avatar.

Also a nice improvement in the avatar.

And I 100% agree on putting Vanek with Gerbe and Ennis and dropping Stafford to the nether regions.

I think you're right.

I like the idea of Vanek with Ennis and Gerbial. Ennis is starting to look like best center on the team right now.

His competition is pretty thin, but I agree.

I'm beating a dead horse but....

Adam should not be sitting. He should be in Rochester with Kassian and Foligno playing 17-20 minutes a game. His development as a player is going backwards playing 8 minutes a game with Ellis and McCormick. Szchfsasasff or Whitmore would be much better options playing on the 4th line with Ellis & McCormick.

I agree, but has he played too many games to be sent down without having to clear waivers? (One of these days I'll learn the rules on this.)

Separately:

1. While the whole "they play better for Jeep than they do for Lindy" meme is ridiculous, I'll be more than happy to live with it on this board if they keep winning.

2. Although I want to see Vanek with Gerbe and Ennis, I expect him to go back with Pommer. Lindy has said a number of times that he likes Vanek and Pommer together. I wonder if Leino might move back to center with those 2 and Roy would get dropped from that line.

3. A win tonight puts their "magic number" for wins at less than 20 to get to 95 pts -- ie right now they need to go 20-6-3; if they win tonight it's 19-6-3. Somehow that seems psychologically more attainable (and by more than a 1-win increment).

4. The most important factor IMHO will be continued strong play from Miller. I think it gives his teammates confidence and results in better play all over the ice.

5. Although everyone played pretty well vs. Boston, I noticed particular improvement from the Weber-Sekera pair. I'd like more of that, please.

Go Sabres.

Interesting quote from Mike Weber, ‘”Everyone is extremely hockey smart,” Weber said. “Obviously, you miss the veteran leadership of Lindy, but just like our team in here, they’re all leaders and they’re all coaches for a reason.”‘

He seems to be referring to the assistant coaches as "hockey smart" and "leaders" and refers to Lindy as a veteran. All he could come up with for Lindy is longevity? Interesting. :rolleyes:

Really? Seems to me he called out both Lindy's longevity AND leadership. this is what happens when you have a crusade driven agenda, you read into things what you want to read.

Who makes this call? Lindy? Or james? It was interesting to hear Lindy allow James to run everything against the Bruins and practice yesterday as well. So who is going to be making the lines tonight?

Archived