GDT: Dallas at Sabres 2/10/12 7:30 PM

spndnchz

Who makes this call? Lindy? Or james? It was interesting to hear Lindy allow James to run everything against the Bruins and practice yesterday as well. So who is going to be making the lines tonight?

I would assume it's Patrick, right?

I am sure it was the fact that we got up early on Boston, but I didn't see much line shuffling, ala Lindy, last game. It will be interesting to see if that remains the case tonight should things start going south...

I would assume it's Patrick, right?

I am sure it was the fact that we got up early on Boston, but I didn't see much line shuffling, ala Lindy, last game. It will be interesting to see if that remains the case tonight should things start going south...

I would assume it's a mixture of both. Don't forget Lindy is up top with an ear piece and mic to talk to the bench. If the Sabres are winning, Lindy doesn't shuffle the lines. usually he shuffles the lines to try to spark something if we're down or looking flat that particular game. You almost never see him do wholesale shuffles during a game like the last.

Really? Seems to me he called out both Lindy's longevity AND leadership. this is what happens when you have a crusade driven agenda, you read into things what you want to read.

He really was stretching wasn't he?

No matter what happens tonight, hope it is decided by 2nd period like last game. Dinner out tonight, then watch game on DVR, tight game make sfor big headache tomorrow

If you look at my posts, I'm on record as wanting both Lindy and Darcy gone. But that doesn't mean I need to make up stuff to support my position.

As well played as this post is, I think I'm with Deluca on this. I think the phrase is "damning with faint praise". That sums up Weber's statement for me.

As well played as this post is, I think I'm with Deluca on this. I think the phrase is "damning with faint praise". That sums up Weber's statement for me.

Perhaps, but to me it seems like when athletes speak to the media they usually go out of their way to say a lot without really saying anything at all. It's a rare occurrence to receive genuine honesty out of locker room interviews, and I just never put much credence into these quotes good or bad.

Perhaps, but to me it seems like when athletes speak to the media they usually go out of their way to say a lot without really saying anything at all. It's a rare occurrence to receive genuine honesty out of locker room interviews, and I just never put much credence into these quotes good or bad.

And quotes are constantly overanalyzed. These guys throw comments out there with little to no thought but people want to read them as if they're plotted out to the extent of a presidential address.

I'm beating a dead horse but....

Adam should not be sitting. He should be in Rochester with Kassian and Foligno playing 17-20 minutes a game. His development as a player is going backwards playing 8 minutes a game with Ellis and McCormick. Szchfsasasff or Whitmore would be much better options playing on the 4th line with Ellis & McCormick.

I think the dead horse would actually be saying Adam should play top line minutes with Vanek and Pominville ;)

You're right though, Adam has to play. Playing 9 minutes on the 4th line is doing nothing for him, development or confidence-wise. Ruff was asked if sending him to Rochester was an option, and he said "it's a thought." My guess is he's going back.

I'd also really like to see Vanek with Ennis. Although the idea of trying Leino with Vanek and Pommer has more appeal to me than seeing Roy keep getting top line minutes.

Really? Seems to me he called out both Lindy's longevity AND leadership. this is what happens when you have a crusade driven agenda, you read into things what you want to read.

Its all there, past the black and white (you might have to put on your smokey colored "Team Storm Cloud" reading glasses, the can be purchased in their gift shop on your way out) and read between the lines between the lines.

What it sounds like he is saying, is that he is defending the assistant coaches as former players with little coaching experience (teppo & patrick) saying that they are here because they are hockey smart and not just because they are former players. He says that EVERYONE is hockey smart, and is saying that Lindy gives them added veteran experience as a coach. But he is also saying that the assistant coaches are here because they know the game too.

Crusades will make you see things differently and storm clouds and mess up your vision so you see things in a different way

What it sounds like he is saying, is that he is defending the assistant coaches as former players with little coaching experience (teppo & patrick) saying that they are here because they are hockey smart and not just because they are former players. He says that EVERYONE is hockey smart, and is saying that Lindy gives them added veteran experience as a coach. But he is also saying that the assistant coaches are here because they know the game too.

It's kind of interesting to see the bench currently filled out by guys who were obviously being groomed for that kind of job as their careers winded down. This organization has had so many of them in recent years; Cunneyworth, Chris Taylor, Patrick, and Teppo. I'm sure Mike Grier winds up heading down that path somewhere eventually too. A bunch of natural born leaders. And for the first time in years, I don't see that kind of guy anywhere around this organization.

It's kind of interesting to see the bench currently filled out by guys who were obviously being groomed for that kind of job as their careers winded down. This organization has had so many of them in recent years; Cunneyworth, Chris Taylor, Patrick, and Teppo. I'm sure Mike Grier winds up heading down that path somewhere eventually too. A bunch of natural born leaders. And for the first time in years, I don't see that kind of guy anywhere around this organization.

Maybe that player is in the organisation already, but we just have to look harder.? We were too blind to find the obvious shot at Ruff in Webers comment, maybe we are too blind to see that player hidden in this roster too?

Maybe that player is in the organisation already, but we just have to look harder.? We were too blind to find the obvious shot at Ruff in Webers comment, maybe we are too blind to see that player hidden in this roster too?

There might be someone who will get there years from now, but it's tough to tell. The only one who I could even see being in that mold right now is Regehr, but I don't know enough about him to say that.

Adam and Grags out.

Leino stays with Roy and Pommer.

Vanel and Stafford with Ennis in between.

Yuck. Wasn't Gerbe on the line with Ennis for the Boston game? It should be Vanek-Ennis-Gerbe (or flipped, can't remember what Vanek shoots naturally). Put Stafford on the third line.

And, I agree that Adam shouldn't sit - talk about ruining a player before they had a chance to take off. Put him in Rochester if they're going to sit him.

What line does Vanek play on? Does Stafford sit? How big is Stafford's nose today? Which team will show up - the Ruff Mopers, or the Jeep Warriors? Will Tyler Myers come out of his shell and play the mean and nasty? Do we see the balanced Miller-san, or Mr. Softee?

These, and many other questions are answered in the next episode of "Regular Season Sabres Hockey"...

Nice.

I would just like to see a wash, rinse, repeat of Wednesday please.. Thank you sir may I have another!

Go Sabres.

Regardless of the foe it'll take the following to garner 2points, a FULL 60 minutes of hockey.

it's definitely been fun watching them since the two games before the all star break. they've played full 60 minute games since new jersey. it's been great! hopefully they'll do it again tonight. home crowd, small win streak, needing points ... they're in 13th and they know it. they'll play like a desperate team *because* they're a desperate team. :)

Adam and Grags out.

Leino stays with Roy and Pommer.

Vanel and Stafford with Ennis in between.

I would have put Vanek with Leino and Pominville, Kept Gerbe with Ennis and Stafford, and have Roy center the fourth line and hope that line wouldn't be called upon for any more than 6 minutes of ice time

Yuck. Wasn't Gerbe on the line with Ennis for the Boston game? It should be Vanek-Ennis-Gerbe (or flipped, can't remember what Vanek shoots naturally). Put Stafford on the third line.

And, I agree that Adam shouldn't sit - talk about ruining a player before they had a chance to take off. Put him in Rochester if they're going to sit him.

Gerbe's a left winger, so is Vanek (left hand shot).

Lindy mentioned today that he's given thought to sending Adam to Rochester.

I would have put Vanek with Leino and Pominville, Kept Gerbe with Ennis and Stafford, and have Roy center the fourth line and hope that line wouldn't be called upon for any more than 6 minutes of ice time

Leino doesn't want to be center. Vanek may not be back to game shape being off for a week. I assume that Vanek will be used mostly on the PP.

Archived