GDT: Dallas at Sabres 2/10/12 7:30 PM

spndnchz

Well, if it's decided, then it's decided. Jeep didn't mess with the lines on Wednesday; I wonder if he'll juggle them tonight. If Vanek is mainly used on the PP as suggested, then that second line will either be underutilized or will feature guest-appearances all night.

I'd also really like to see Vanek with Ennis. Although the idea of trying Leino with Vanek and Pommer has more appeal to me than seeing Roy keep getting top line minutes.

Who's going to center your LVP line?

Vanek Ennis Stafford might be a nice little combination. I like it.

I would have put Vanek with Leino and Pominville, Kept Gerbe with Ennis and Stafford, and have Roy center the fourth line and hope that line wouldn't be called upon for any more than 6 minutes of ice time

No center on the LVP line. That's no way to foster puck possession.

Gerbe's a left winger, so is Vanek (left hand shot).

Lindy mentioned today that he's given thought to sending Adam to Rochester.

Leino doesn't want to be center. Vanek may not be back to game shape being off for a week. I assume that Vanek will be used mostly on the PP.

Sorry chz, but Vanek's a righty. I know this because I am, too. He plays LW to get his stick to the middle for the better shooting angle.

Adam and Grags out. Leino stays with Roy and Pommer. Vanel and Stafford with Ennis in between.

Not exactly what I would have picked, but as long as Staff keeps his energy up, that could be an excellent line.

One thought I'll throw out there: IF the Sabres make the playoffs (yeah I know, big IF), they will have been playing about about a .750-.800 clip to get there. I sure as heck wouldn't want to be the Number One Seed that plays the team that had to play that tough just to make the playoffs.

Okay, another thought, probably kinda stoopid, but how about this... Lindy spends the rest of the season as the eye in the sky, JP behind the bench, and at the end of the season JP is named head coach with Lindy taking a front office position (or perhaps retiring outright). Maybe I'm just a softy or romantic, but when Lindy navigated the team through the bankruptcy I always thought that when it came his time to go, he should be able to do it on his terms. From what we've seen from T-Pegs, I think he may be similarly sentimental. The one bit of evidence supporting this position is that Lindy is letting Patrick really run the team while Lindy is out of commission.

One thought I'll throw out there: IF the Sabres make the playoffs (yeah I know, big IF), they will have been playing about about a .750-.800 clip to get there. I sure as heck wouldn't want to be the Number One Seed that plays the team that had to play that tough just to make the playoffs.

With any luck, it'd be Washington. Given their track record in the playoffs, that'd be awesome.

Well, if it's decided, then it's decided. Jeep didn't mess with the lines on Wednesday; I wonder if he'll juggle them tonight. If Vanek is mainly used on the PP as suggested, then that second line will either be underutilized or will feature guest-appearances all night.

I think Patrick is getting a little power crazy, I heard rumblings of a 5 d-man pp unit at practice this morning.

Who's going to center your LVP line?

No center on the LVP line. That's no way to foster puck possession.

I'd love to see Pominville between Vanek and Leino. I know he's not a center, but I would not worry about puck possession with this line. Vanek and Leino are both great at hodling onto the puck in the corners and along the walls, Pominville can carry the puck in just fine. My main concerns with trying this line would be (in order of importance)

Defensive liabilities, can Pominville defend the high slot effectivly. Seeing Ennis at center has made me less nervous on this point

Moving Leino to the right wing, he's finding his stride now playing to the left, but he's been jumping back and forth anyways if I recall correctly.

Moving our leading scorer to a different position, not too worried about Pominville's scoring on this line, I think Leinos ability to pass the puck into the slot could be deadly. As I've said before, I could see Leino and Vanek being like a poor man's Giroux - Hartnell combo.

Its all there, past the black and white (you might have to put on your smokey colored "Team Storm Cloud" reading glasses, the can be purchased in their gift shop on your way out) and read between the lines between the lines.

What it sounds like he is saying, is that he is defending the assistant coaches as former players with little coaching experience (teppo & patrick) saying that they are here because they are hockey smart and not just because they are former players. He says that EVERYONE is hockey smart, and is saying that Lindy gives them added veteran experience as a coach. But he is also saying that the assistant coaches are here because they know the game too.

Crusades will make you see things differently and storm clouds and mess up your vision so you see things in a different way

Good call. Also, Weber is miles away from being the kind of guy who would take a shot at Lindy via the media.

Adam and Grags out.

Leino stays with Roy and Pommer.

Vanel and Stafford with Ennis in between.

This line will be interesting. Stafford could put some bad memories in the rear view mirror if he starts filling it up and the Sabres keep winning.

Gerbe back with Kaleta And Gaustad??

I would guess yes. This line is usually pretty good.

Typical Patrick to change the lines when they're going good

Outstanding.

Yeah ur right. Looked it up just now. Also saw he's 28 yrs old. WTF did all the years go?

I had that same epiphany the other day. 05-06 was the first year that a lot of these guys made their way into the league and all of the sudden they're hitting (probably) the half way point of their careers. Unbelievable.

Yeah ur right. Looked it up just now. Also saw he's 28 yrs old. WTF did all the years go?

I think Vanek can play either wing, so it's an easy detail to mix up. Certainly I couldn't recall his natural position off the top of my head.

If Jeep juggles, then I bet we will see a G-E-V line tonight at least once, especially if they get in trouble.

I think Vanek can play either wing, so it's an easy detail to mix up. Certainly I couldn't recall his natural position off the top of my head.

If Jeep juggles, then I bet we will see a G-E-V line tonight at least once, especially if they get in trouble.

I knew he was a left winger but for some reason (although I somehow thought it was wrong) I remember his around the world shot being done lefty.

I'm a little nervous about this game. It was such a great emotional high last game that I fear they won't be able to fully reset and go into this game with the mindset they need to.

If they prove me wrong and show the same sense of urgency that's been defining the team the past 6 games or so I will officially think they've really turned the corner.

And if they keep up that level of play for the rest of the year there's going to be a lot of fun games ahead, playoff or not.

(I am kind of hoping they miss the playoff this year, I foolishly started a playoff beard in October. Plan is to not shave until they are out of the playoffs, but I underestimated just how much beard will grow in 4 months. If they make a playoff run I will look like a muslim cleric before too long)

I knew he was a left winger but for some reason (although I somehow thought it was wrong) I remember his around the world shot being done lefty.

I was drunk that night too. One of the best games of the year that season!

Reminds me of when playing Ottawa felt like it does playing Boston now.

With any luck, it'd be Washington. Given their track record in the playoffs, that'd be awesome.

Except for that to happen Washington would have to gain more ground than us, meaning they'd be on the same kind of hot streak.

Difference between Buffalo and the 8th seed is 10 points

Difference between Washington and the 1 seed is 12 points.

I think a big part of why Washington has failed so often so early is that they've been coasting into the playoffs - that's not going to happen this year. (Right now they're in the 9 spot.)

Adam should be playing I completely agree, I can't believe they have this young talent sitting, send them down to develop!!! Idiots.

Lindy won't send him down, he needs to get 7 minutes from a Center playing Left Wing on the 4 th line. That's development.

Just a couple of weeks ago I was starting to watch the games thinking they they weren't going to win, no matter who the opponent was, today I feel like they have a realistic chance of winning against any team.

Interesting quote from Mike Weber,

‘”Everyone is extremely hockey smart,” Weber said. “Obviously, you miss the veteran leadership of Lindy, but just like our team in here, they’re all leaders and they’re all coaches for a reason.”‘

He seems to be referring to the assistant coaches as "hockey smart" and "leaders" and refers to Lindy as a veteran. All he could come up with for Lindy is longevity? Interesting. :rolleyes:

It's probably worth pointing out that these are hockey players. They're paid to hit a hunk of rubber with a stick. I'm not sure there's that many that are carefully crafting hints and messages in their interviews with the media.

It's probably worth pointing out that these are hockey players. They're paid to hit a hunk of rubber with a stick. I'm not sure there's that many that are carefully crafting hints and messages in their interviews with the media.

If you look carefully enough, and have the right decryption tools, you'll see that it's all code regarding the death of Kim Jung Un.

Archived