Buyers or Sellers?

LGR4GM

We better sell, and I hope the Kings are buyers, and they will want something off our roster, for Jordan Nolan. Ted Nolan's son. He's playing in his third NHL game tonight, kid may not be anything special but kid plays with heart. He hits everything. Mixes is up against anybody. In the last game, besides scoring a goal, i'm pretty sure he hit more dudes then Luke Adam has all season.

We better sell, and I hope the Kings are buyers, and they will want something off our roster, for Jordan Nolan. Ted Nolan's son. He's playing in his third NHL game tonight, kid may not be anything special but kid plays with heart. He hits everything. Mixes is up against anybody. In the last game, besides scoring a goal, i'm pretty sure he hit more dudes then Luke Adam has all season.

Including the goalie's wife? If so, apple doesn't fall far from the tree. :o

I don't want a full rebuild, and I don't think one is necessary or even possible. I do want to shed some fat, i.e., Stafford, Roy, and a goalie. Even one of the Sekera/Gragnani duo is fine (with different expected returns for each, of course). But there certainly are players to keep, too.

For once they finally have a rotation that everyone should be able to be comfortable with. I don't see the need to move a goalie, they don't have anyone else that can come in and backup whichever one stays, so they would have to deal to get someone in here as a backup which could take away from whatever you would get in return from either one.

As for those advocating trading Miller because it frees up cap space, why no talk about moving Vanek then? If you see what Columbus might get for nash, who is apaprently no better then Vanek, why not move him for some Asssests in a rebuild?

Wait a couple of months, and it'll be a pink sheet pun instead of a NASDAQ pun!

man I really do take after my dad, always chosing the technology thats the first to go

He chose Beta over VHS

He bought us a Sega over Nintendo

I chose HD-DVD (X-Box) over Blue Ray (PS 3)

I chose a Blackberry (which I do really like) over Android or Apple

Im pretty sure we all here have hit more dudes then Adam this year, unless you meant "Hit ON more Dudes", if thats the case, Roy might have him beat, what else does he do out there?

Interesting two tweets by differnt authors but very related.

Mike Harrington @BNHarrington

So many people asking about Gaustad. He has an expiring deal. He's getting traded. Almost a lock. They're not re-signing him for a raise.

Bill Hoppe @BillHoppeNHL

#Sabres Paul Gaustad: "I talked to Darcy, but it was mostly about the team, my position and where we’re at right now."

I can imagine the content.

Darcy: Are you going to ask for a raise?

*looks for missing fax machine*

And, Ouch.

Bill Hoppe @BillHoppeNHL

I count 40 GAMES between multipoint efforts for Derek Roy. #Sabres

Do Regier, Black, Ruff, Pegs, etc really still think the Sabres can make the playoffs and advance past the 1st round ? Do they think the team that showed up

yesterday against Pittsburgh can/will show up every night the rest of the way ? Or are they realistically looking at the schedule and have given up for this

year and are resigned to "sell" mode ? Will they "sell" if the Sabres win all (3) games before the trade deadline ? Yzerman is selling and TB is above the Sabres

in the standings.

The Leafs are tanking with 64 points and are pace for 89 points if they maintain the same pace ( 64 pts / 59 games) * 82. Sports Clubs Stats says the Sabres

would have to go 15-6-2 to reach 89 points. Where would those 15 wins come from given the remaining 23 games ? If they lose more than 6, they would be done.

Bos (3), NYR (2), Van (1), SJ (1), Ana (1), Win (1), Car (1), Ott (1), Mon (2), Col (1), Fla (1), TB (1), Min (1), Pit (1), Tor (2), Phi (1), Was (1), NYI (1)

What about Shaone Morrisonn? He's played 480 NHL games. Why can't the Sabres include him in a trade package? I realize that the the buyer wouldn't risk calling him up right away, but

couldn't the buyer call him up at play-off time for added depth? Isn't this the prime reason why we kept him in the first place instead of buying him out?

As an aside, if the Sabres were to trade a player like him to Columbus, since Columbus is in last place, would he still have to clear waivers?

What about Shaone Morrisonn? He's played 480 NHL games. Why can't the Sabres include him in a trade package? I realize that the the buyer wouldn't risk calling him up right away, but

couldn't the buyer call him up at play-off time for added depth? Isn't this the prime reason why we kept him in the first place instead of buying him out?

As an aside, if the Sabres were to trade a player like him to Columbus, since Columbus is in last place, would he still have to clear waivers?

I could be wrong, but I believe because he has a 1 way contract he'd have to clear re-entry waivers before the trade. Which means the Sabres would have to have the cap space, but more importantly, another team could just claim him off waivers, pay him half his contract, and not give up any assets for him.

Also, a quick look at the remaining teams on the Sabres schedule, I don't see a lot of easy games.

Yeah, like yesterday with the Penguins, the Sabres can sometimes beat the better teams. But, the

final segment of the schedule includes games against such powerhouses as: Boston(2x), San Jose,

Vancouver, NY Rangers, & Philadephia. So, I don't understand why they haven't started selling

off assets already.

I could be wrong, but I believe because he has a 1 way contract he'd have to clear re-entry waivers before the trade. Which means the Sabres would have to have the cap space, but more importantly, another team could just claim him off waivers, pay him half his contract, and not give up any assets for him.

This is true mostly. The Sabres do have cap space if Hecht stays out the rest of the year to bring him up. Another team could get him through re-entry other than the team we want to trade him to though. That would be risky to the team wanting the trade.

If they bought him out he would have counted against the cap, by keeping him in Rochester he does not.

This is true mostly. The Sabres do have cap space if Hecht stays out the rest of the year to bring him up. Another team could get him through re-entry other than the team we want to trade him to though. That would be risky to the team wanting the trade.

But wouldn't this team just be able to put in a claim and get him for nothing as well? And at half the cap hit.

I think it's safe to say a few weeks ago we all glanced at the remaining schedule, made an educated guess as to how many points this team would need to make the playoffs and marked off the teams the Sabres should beat and the teams we probably wouldn't beat. As good as they looked for a couple of weeks and as bad as they looked in a couple more recent games, they did manage to pull off 5 out of 6 points against 3 teams we all probably thought they would lose. Why does this team keep playing with our emotions like this?!?!

so I just heard Ruff talking about how we are only 7 pts back and we can still go on a run and make the playoffs... what he forgot to say was in a 7 game series versus any team we will get our butts kicked. Not to mention making a run at this point will screw up our draft but hey as long as the status quo is maintained who cares? right? :death:

Archived