Buyers or Sellers?

LGR4GM

No sense in getting upset. Words are almost irrelevant in sports. GM's can't say what they want to say in any situation, unless you are winning everything and even then the media is looking for some angle to stir the pot and try and get people interested. Honestly I'm amazed anyone even listens to interviews anymore.

After the trade deadline I will see what moves were made between teams and I will judge then. Then, during the off-season I will do the same. It's about all anyone can do.

Before I accept a label on Pegula as being so shallow as to believe Regier's tap dance I want to see the problem continue. I understood the "see what we have" mentality. Pegula has some very smart hockey people in his corner and I am sure if they believe Regier isn't cutting it this year then they'll make a change. If they continue on this path and nothing changes then I will accept the label on him.

I understand your point of waiting until the results are in to judge Regier, but this team played absolutely pathetically for two and a half months and Darcy sat on his hands. Of course, I don't really know if Darcy sat on his hands, but he let the team suck their way down to the celler making it almost impossible to make the playoffs at this point. This, for me, is enough to fire him. I can't really compare my opinion with Deluca's or GoDD's because I've been a Sabres fan for only about three years.

It'll be the same old same old from Darcy and co., A token move to bring in a geriatric for a 2nd round pick. Let's face it. We all know what to expect based on past deadlines. I would think Darcy would be fighting for his job this deadline but I'd probably be wrong based on the owners fanboy crush on this management team and coach.

It'll be the same old same old from Darcy and co., A token move to bring in a geriatric for a 2nd round pick. Let's face it. We all know what to expect based on past deadlines. I would think Darcy would be fighting for his job this deadline but I'd probably be wrong based on the owners fanboy crush on this management team and coach.

That's the problem now. Pegula seems like a forgiving guy who was blaming injuries for everything. All Darcy has to do is play to that and he can convince Pegula.."Oh look, we are 8-5-2 since we had everybody back....this team wins twice as much as they lose.....it's all good now." Then Pegula gives his blessing for Darcy to go get another underachiever to add to this team instead of peeling off 4 or 5 of them. Darcy and Lindy get another year next year.....and since they weren't fired this year, I have no idea what they would have to do to get fired. Hell, Cliff Benson is at the arena almost every day.

That's the problem now. Pegula seems like a forgiving guy who was blaming injuries for everything. All Darcy has to do is play to that and he can convince Pegula.."Oh look, we are 8-5-2 since we had everybody back....this team wins twice as much as they lose.....it's all good now." Then Pegula gives his blessing for Darcy to go get another underachiever to add to this team instead of peeling off 4 or 5 of them. Darcy and Lindy get another year next year.....and since they weren't fired this year, I have no idea what they would have to do to get fired. Hell, Cliff Benson is at the arena almost every day.

I think he has become one of the "merrymen". He is probably on hand to spike and then serve the kool-aid.

I understand your point of waiting until the results are in to judge Regier, but this team played absolutely pathetically for two and a half months and Darcy sat on his hands. Of course, I don't really know if Darcy sat on his hands, but he let the team suck their way down to the celler making it almost impossible to make the playoffs at this point. This, for me, is enough to fire him. I can't really compare my opinion with Deluca's or GoDD's because I've been a Sabres fan for only about three years.

I completely get how poorly the Sabres have played. However, you can look around the league the analysts comments and all you hear is that there is a lot of talk and no action. That makes him no better or worse than every other GM, at least looking only at this season.

I don't like how Darcy has operated during his tenure here but given all the variables in play over the past 15 years it's hard to lay everything on one man's doorstep, at least for me. Everyone has different patience levels.

I think if this were year 2 Regier would have already been fired. Pegula has a plan and he is an extremely patient person and that equals no changes, yet. When the trade deadline goes by and if Regier hasn't made good moves then I think his job will be a bit more in jeopardy. Remember, we didn't like Darcy last year. Pegula came in and people, while not LOVING Boyes, were happy with the fact that the Sabres took on salary without dumping it. Then the Sabres got Regehr, and then Ehrhoff and people were happy to see the Sabres act like the big boys. Finally, the Sabres got Leino. Whether they overpaid or not remains to be seen. Still, at the beginning of the season people were happy with what had happened. There might have been more moves people wanted but these were at least significant.

Over the season not a lot of moves have been made and in the cases of the ones that were I'm not too sure that any would have been that great for the Sabres. The deadline will be the next litmus test to see how he performs. I'm not expecting miracles and I think overall he'll grade out to a D, but I'm going to wait and see.

This is just splendid news..... Darcy is trying to trade Robyn Regher.

http://www.ottawasun.com/2012/02/11/rink-wrap-habs-want-amnesty-clause

This isn't some fly-by-night rumor monger reporting this.

If this is the case, it is a tragedy. Best case is that Regehr regrets ever coming here and wants to go to a contender or back home. What does that say for Hockey Heaven? I say that is best case because if it is Darcy's doing to ship him out, of all the dead weight here, for Regehr to mentioned before 6 or 7 other guys....makes me want to puke.

http://www.ottawasun.com/2012/02/11/rink-wrap-habs-want-amnesty-clause

If this is the case, it is a tragedy. Best case is that Regehr regrets ever coming here and wants to go to a contender or back home. What does that say for Hockey Heaven? I say that is best case because if it is Darcy's doing to ship him out, of all the dead weight here, for Regehr to mentioned before 6 or 7 other guys....makes me want to puke.

Regehr must not be flashy and frail enough for lindy's system...

Heaven forbid our team have a big guy who can hit.

I hate you Darcy.

http://www.ottawasun...-amnesty-clause

If this is true Darcy is worse than I thought he was..LOL..I cant even imagine that possible...

What if the move were to put Regehr on a potential cup winner? Could that actually be seen as a good thing to other players? Just a thought. I don't like the idea, however.

What if the move were to put Regehr on a potential cup winner? Could that actually be seen as a good thing to other players? Just a thought. I don't like the idea, however.

Oh sure.....the Owner comes and begs you to come to Hockey Heaven and you uproot your pregnant wife and family only after 3 days of getting pounded with persuasion.......you play your guts out for 15 games only to have to relent and fall back into an $80 million salaried system which spirals down the toilet over the next 3 months while the same guy who begged you to come endorses with both fists the 2 guys who have put this crew together......all the while your wife is stuck 3,000 miles away from all of her friends and support system and her husband comes home miserable from having to deal with a room full of spoiled brats all day. It gets to the point where they realise it was the biggest mistake of their lives coming to Buffalo and want to salvage what little semblance of hope they have left.

Sign me up.

I don't believe Itchycroch for a second. Total hack.

I'm hoping Pegula pays Regier to build a cup winner here not elsewhere. Perhaps Robins gone to Regier and said him and the family are unhappy ? Who knows. It pisses me off to no end because he's been a bright spot for me with his physicality but can you blame a guy for wanting out of this clusterfukc.

Theres no way in hell he's looking at trading regher. If he is it's as a package for someone big.

Darcy can't be that dumb, can he?

Well, the same article mentioned Chicago's interest in a blue liner as well as the rumor that they're interested in Roy. Is it possible Regehr and Roy get packaged to Chicago? It is if that report has legs.

GO SABRES!!!

I'll wait until somebody reports it that can spell his name right.

Chz is hooked into enough media types that I believe her...maybe it's just because I want to, though. I can't think of too many Sabres that I like more than Robyn Regehr. I still think he was the best acquisition of the summer.

Unless he's packaged with Stafford for that no. 1 center we've been starving for, this is a horrible, horrible idea.

Oh sure.....the Owner comes and begs you to come to Hockey Heaven and you uproot your pregnant wife and family only after 3 days of getting pounded with persuasion.......you play your guts out for 15 games only to have to relent and fall back into an $80 million salaried system which spirals down the toilet over the next 3 months while the same guy who begged you to come endorses with both fists the 2 guys who have put this crew together......all the while your wife is stuck 3,000 miles away from all of her friends and support system and her husband comes home miserable from having to deal with a room full of spoiled brats all day. It gets to the point where they realise it was the biggest mistake of their lives coming to Buffalo and want to salvage what little semblance of hope they have left.

Sign me up.

He had two years remaining on his contract when he signed. Did he believe he would be here longer? That's a bit of a risk. I think he made his decision (and yes... HE MADE HIS DECISION..) to come to Buffalo, perhaps because he thought they might be in better shape than Calgary. The season went into the toilet and that changes things. Perhaps he wants to go to a city where he can help someone win this year. We wouldn't know if he approached the Sabres and said, "Hey, if you can move me I am good with it but it has to be to a cup contender." unless he told us.

It's at least a possibility. You can choose to approach conversations in the manner above but in the end you'll only be talking to yourself.

UB40 with Chrissie Hynde (my highschool babe and hard to believe she is 60 years old now!).

I am convinced every piece of music you enjoyed are the same pieces playing over and over in my head and on my iPod. Rude Boys on Hertel?

Archived