Things that are AWESOME...

SDS

My kid was approved and now we get to make our own medicine with this.

post-1429-0-15123000-1383864097_thumb.jpg

Also, my wife started writing music again.

(and no, one has nothing to do with the other.)

Your wife's a composer? Awesome! Sorry if that's common knowledge- mighta missed it in a thread somewhere. And huzzah on the medicine maker. Hope it's helps!

My kid was approved and now we get to make our own medicine with this.

post-1429-0-15123000-1383864097_thumb.jpg

Also, my wife started writing music again.

(and no, one has nothing to do with the other.)

That's a hilarious ad, but congrats on the approval -- hope it helps!

You don't know about the musical family members thread? I talk all about how Margery Deutsch is my cousin or something. Catch up, noob.

waaaaaaagh i'm sorry

well... uh... I'm related to Jimmie Rodgers.. if anyone knows who that is on here.

Was actually just talking about getting a keyboard. I played piano for 16 + years and played in a concert band across europe on sax. Really miss music. But who wants to be that ass in the apartment playing music that the neighbors complain about?

Edited by Josie914

waaaaaaagh i'm sorry

well... uh... I'm related to Jimmie Rodgers.. if anyone knows who that is on here.

Was actually just talking about getting a keyboard. I played piano for 16 + years and played in a concert band across europe on sax. Really miss music. But who wants to be that ass in the apartment playing music that the neighbors complain about?

Get a keyboard with a headphone jack! :) I have a full-size Roland digital piano I inherited from my dad when he upgraded, and the headphones came in handy when it's late or I'm feeling self-conscious, lol.

waaaaaaagh i'm sorry

Kenny's bastard brother who they tried to hide my misspelling his last name?

Er... No family members (although I was in a short-lived metal band when metal was the most un-cool thing someone could play). I hung with McCarthyism at a wedding last weekend. Does any of that that count? :)

Edited by MattPie

Kenny's bastard brother who they tried to hide my misspelling his last name?

haha nope. Though that would be awesome. Old timey yodeler/blues dude. He's in the rock n roll hall of fame as a guy who helped pave some groundwork for the emergence of music as we know it. He was known as "the yodeling brakeman" because he sang about trains a lot. Yeah. I personally enjoy it, but it's not for everyone.

Er... No family members (although I was in a short-lived metal band when metal was the most un-cool thing someone could play). I hung with McCarthyism at a wedding last weekend. Does any of that that count? :)

That's awesome! I've tinkered in "metal bands" too. Quotes because nothing ever came together. I'll have to keep my eyes open to catch McCarthyizm. Sounds like a good time.

That's awesome! I've tinkered in "metal bands" too. Quotes because nothing ever came together. I'll have to keep my eyes open to catch McCarthyizm. Sounds like a good time.

McCarthyism has been around forever at least since the mid-90s in Buffalo, Celtic-Rock kind of thing. A lot of fun.

The metal band wasn't too band. 3 of the 4 of us were "trained" musicians (as in school bands and whatnot), and *heavily* influenced by Metallica. We got as far as playing a few shows around Buffalo in 96-97 as Defiant or Bottom Feeder, but it fell apart not long after. We never got our act together as far as signing and we weren't nearly grungy enough for the times. I'm contemplating selling my gear right now after moving all the amps around in the basement a couple weeks ago. They're just collecting dust. :(

Anaheim viewing party at Swamp's mancave! I'll bring the 2 dozen Timmy Ho's bagels.......

This has been making me laugh all day. I just have this image of half eaten bagel pieces with green better on them lying all over a coffee table like cigarette butts spilling out of an ashtray, and 5 or 6 people in Sabres jerseys asleep in their chairs with the TV on, and it's only the second period.

This has been making me laugh all day. I just have this image of half eaten bagel pieces with green better on them lying all over a coffee table like cigarette butts spilling out of an ashtray, and 5 or 6 people in Sabres jerseys asleep in their chairs with the TV on, and it's only the second period.

I've never heard of such a creation. It's a neat idea and I hope it helps out. Maybe that's what the Amish have been doing all along without telling us?

That is beautiful.

One of the things I like most about hockey is that a lot of the guys are so down to earth. I understood where PA was coming from when a team uses visits and deeds for a PR stunt or to enhance the brand. Most of the players would gladly have done the exact same thing on their own without fanfare. I've been lucky to see a bunch of guys in action over the years and there are tons of humble, big-hearted hockey players. A lot of guys also take care of their ties to Buffalo and the people even when they go on to work elsewhere. In all honesty, it's probably one of the reasons I still care so much about the Sabres even though I have had little faith in the on-ice product for so long. When you see guys you looked up to as a kid, coming through and having such big hearts when you are now an adult, and a cynical one at that....good stuff.

Great find, Arc. Awesome indeed.

I think this website is awesome because it helped me fix my dryer without having to call a repair guy!

http://www.repairclinic.com/RepairHelp/Appliance-Repair-Help-Lawn-Mower-Repair-Help-Small-Engine-Repair-Help