Things that are AWESOME...

SDS

2. D4rk's apartment photo would make for a fun game of I Spy. (EDIT: didn't we do that once before?)

I spy... an American flag hung the wrong way. The blue field is always in the top-left corner (and yes, it does seem wrong). The blue field on the bottom right (upside down) is a signal of distress.

I spy... an American flag hung the wrong way. The blue field is always in the top-left corner (and yes, it does seem wrong). The blue field on the bottom right (upside down) is a signal of distress.

OMG D4rk's been kidnapped and he is signalling us for help!!! SUPER SABRES FRIENDS ASSEMBLE!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ej5kt6qSujI

Edited by LGR4GM

Means you are at war.

Incorrect. It's about the honoring of the flag. On a person or vehicle the flag is positioned in such a way that the blue stars always lead. That's why on the right shoulder it's reversed. Think of the person as a flag pole. :lol:

Our flag is hung this way for purely aesthetic reasons. I think it looks better simply rotated 90*. If the flag pole you buy at Home Depot let's the flag hang at 45* then this isn't much of a departure.

• 2 weeks later...

Foot cream kills HIV by tricking cells to commit suicide

That headline looks like a joke, but it's a lay summary of this scientific article:

Drug-induced reactivation of apoptosis abrogates HIV-1 infection

Pretty awesome if they can translate this to human subjects.

Edited by biodork

Foot cream kills HIV by tricking cells to commit suicide

That headline looks like a joke, but it's a lay summary of this scientific article:

Drug-induced reactivation of apoptosis abrogates HIV-1 infection

Pretty awesome if they can translate this to human subjects.

Apoptosis is my all time favorite cell biology term, with a close second being ubiquitin.

lol I'd never contemplated a favorite word out of the bizarre lexicon of scientific terminology, but I'd have to agree with your selections.

One of my favorite anatomy terms is xiphoid process. I just love saying it. Iliac crest is awesome too. Yay bones! I always liked talking about gel electrophoresis as well.

One of my favorite anatomy terms is xiphoid process. I just love saying it. Iliac crest is awesome too. Yay bones! I always liked talking about gel electrophoresis as well.

lol nice. And for whatever reason, taking a mental tour of fun-sounding science words reminded me of this:

http://homestarrunner.com/talky2.html

Marshmallow always sounds hilarious.

Edited by biodork