Things that are AWESOME...

SDS

One of those awesome-sad things: After 42 years as host of A Prairie Home Companion, Garrison Keillor will do his last show at 6 tonight on public radio. Some younger (duh) dude will take over in the fall.

It won't be the same. Listening to the show with Keillor as host always made me think maybe things aren't as bad as I thought.

Thanks! These sellers seem like the opposite of the lasr ones: honest and reasonable. That bodes well!

Good luck this time.

Ugh can't even fix my typo... Opera browser on my tablet does not play well with SabreSpace. :(

One of those awesome-sad things: After 42 years as host of A Prairie Home Companion, Garrison Keillor will do his last show at 6 tonight on public radio. Some younger (duh) dude will take over in the fall.

It won't be the same. Listening to the show with Keillor as host always made me think maybe things aren't as bad as I thought.

Keillor is an interesting man. There will never be another. Read this great piece on him a few weeks back. http://mobile.nytimes.com/2016/06/19/arts/the-garrison-keillor-you-never-knew.html

Keillor is an interesting man. There will never be another. Read this great piece on him a few weeks back. http://mobile.nytimes.com/2016/06/19/arts/the-garrison-keillor-you-never-knew.html

I think APHC paved the way for a lot of what the podcast industry is today. if we find another like him, it will be in that arena.

I just now got so sick and tired of my phone that I threw it against the cement floor in my basement as hard as I could. They are surprisingly well built,… so I threw it another 7 or 13 times. I then spent the next tem minutes breaking apart any piece away from it as I could.

I have another phone I can activate, but gonna hold off a little while. I'm really looking forward to not having a cell phone for the next couple of days. It's my own personal Independence Day.

I just now got so sick and tired of my phone that I threw it against the cement floor in my basement as hard as I could. They are surprisingly well built,… so I threw it another 7 or 13 times. I then spent the next tem minutes breaking apart any piece away from it as I could.

I have another phone I can activate, but gonna hold off a little while. I'm really looking forward to not having a cell phone for the next couple of days. It's my own personal Independence Day.

giphy_zpsjponahjf.gif

Eid Mubarak!!

Ramadan ended about 25 minutes ago.  I miss it already.  It always is a special month.

Eid Prayers are tomorrow morning and then we will see what the day brings ... usually spend time with friends, but also do some private reflection upon the Holy month and how I will try to keep doing all that I have been doing during Ramadan in all months.

-----

So, what did I miss ... the layout is rather funky.

Eid Mubarak!!

Ramadan ended about 25 minutes ago. I miss it already. It always is a special month.

Eid Prayers are tomorrow morning and then we will see what the day brings ... usually spend time with friends, but also do some private reflection upon the Holy month and how I will try to keep doing all that I have been doing during Ramadan in all months.

-----

Welcome back!

Eid Mubarak!!

Ramadan ended about 25 minutes ago. I miss it already. It always is a special month.

-----

Welcome back, man.

We drafted Nylander over a defenseman but also traded Psysk for Kulikov (LHD) from Florida. Kane is back up to his antics, this time an altercation in a bar so hopefully it was all on tape. Traded for Veseys right's from Nashville and everyone loved him and was assuming he'd sign but since he hasn't half the people here now hate him and think he's just entitled even though it makes them come off as entitled. Logo has changed along with the new default avatar.

Oh and Lebron James is a horrible human being but they'll probably make him grand poobah of Cleveland (hopefully followed by locusts or something like that) since he did his Moses impression and brought the Cavs tothe promised land single handedly with only his bare hands and iron will.

Edited by Drunkard

I honestly had never heard of the comedian Bill Burr until tonight when he popped up on YouTube. I am fan, so far. His hotel bit at the end of this Conan clip had me in tears.

You would love Bill Burr PA, his stand-up is amazing. Plus, he once went off for 13 minutes straight in a show in Philly, just standing up there insulting the city because the crowd was so rude

I second the Bill Burr recommendation.  I think he has a standup special on Netflix -- the one I saw was really good.

And good to see ya SFiNS!

For anyone who likes Bill Burr he has a 6 episode animated show on netflix called F is for Family that is amazingly funny. It's set in the 70's when he is growing up and he plays the voice of his Dad. I'm hoping like hell they do a second season.

Edited by Drunkard

We're at this giant paintball game and everyone here is just walking around hunting Pokemon. It's pretty funny :lol:

Everyone is running around my town tonight doing this! They have Gym battles at historical sites, and there were at least 10 people all pulling into this historical house to fight for the title