Things that are AWESOME...

SDS

Yep just got him home from hospital. Witnessing child birth is the most amazing thing I've seen. My wife showed so much courage to make this happen. Its been a long 8+ months.

You can say all of that 100 times over. RosePie, 2 weeks old today (picture from about 3-4 days old):

post-1315-0-77401200-1409627957_thumb.jpg

Edited by MattPie

Friday is a much better day. Go for that. ;)

I told my wife she has to have her on a Thursday, Friday or Saturday, as I only have two more paid days off between now and the end of the year thanks to my 6 days-in-the-hospital-thanks-to-appendicitis episode back in April. So far they're both complying. She really wanted to have her last Friday, but the baby said no. Then my wife thought she was going into labor yesterday morning, but she refused to give in, as my stepdaughter's birthday party was last night, and her birthday is today. The last thing my wife wants is for her two girls to share a birthday. The Doctor was absolutely amazed she hasn't had her yet. She's pretty much been walking around 3 cm dilated and 70% effaced for well over a week now.

Congrats to Ink and MattPie on the new additions! I'll be joining the "new baby" bandwagon later this week. If she doesn't arrive on her own before, my wife will be induced Thursday morning.

I told my wife she has to have her on a Thursday, Friday or Saturday, as I only have two more paid days off between now and the end of the year thanks to my 6 days-in-the-hospital-thanks-to-appendicitis episode back in April. So far they're both complying. She really wanted to have her last Friday, but the baby said no. Then my wife thought she was going into labor yesterday morning, but she refused to give in, as my stepdaughter's birthday party was last night, and her birthday is today. The last thing my wife wants is for her two girls to share a birthday. The Doctor was absolutely amazed she hasn't had her yet. She's pretty much been walking around 3 cm dilated and 70% effaced for well over a week now.

Congrats in advance! If you're a first timer (like I am), my tips for the hospital trip are: don't bother with "entertainment" stuff like books or even movies. We dragged a bunch of stuff in there that we never touched, you won't have time. The only thing we did watch were a DVD or two worth of Scrubs episodes (seemed apropos). Only take a change of clothes or two, you won't have time to shower every day. Ideally, have you hair cut in such a way that it looks good straight out of bed. I lucked out that my hair looks OK in all the first pictures even though I hadn't cleaned up or slept much in the last 24 hours.

Actually, it's right around the time the Sabres are all but eliminated from the playoffs.

Not unless there are lots of preemies. Congrats, everyone!

Since it was November or so, more like the Bills.