Things that are AWESOME...

SDS

A perfectly equivalent alternative is a blue ray player with Wi-fi capabilty. All of the current blue ray players with wi-fi have a great selection of apps that are equivalent to a smart TV. Netfilix, Hulu, Qello. etc. Great options for non-cable/satellite TV viewing.

Of course, an XBox360 does about the same.....

edit- wifi isn't the key. Internet access is the key. Blue Ray with a CAT9 plug is the same functiuonality as one with Wifi, but you need access to a network cable.

Or a ps3 or Roku box.

I have been crushing Game of Thrones episodes for the last week or so. Whenever I get caught up to real time episodes, I'm going back and watching them all over again. Fantastic!!

I don't watch a whole lot of TV, so for me to say it's the best show of the decade isn't really justifiable...but I'm going to do it anyway. Everything about the show is outstanding.

Its good, but it hasn't knocked Breaking Bad out of my top spot. That show is awesome.

Breaking Bad is the best tv show ever made.

But I give credit to the Mad Men writers for making season six the best yet. It went from a show focused on sex and people just being awful to a show with some extremely real psychological depth. Don Draper as a character continues to get darker and sadder and now you spend time during every episode hating, loving and pitying him. And you don't feel anything but uncertainty and doubt about whatever you're currently feeling. It's wonderfully twisted.

Edited by d4rksabre

Can a non-troll, -munchkin, -hobbit, -whatever person like this show?

Do you like hot naked chicks? Or even hot dudes? You'll like the show. The best part is that they save of all the sci-fi for later. A lot more plot development and nekkid peeps early on.

Its good, but it hasn't knocked Breaking Bad out of my top spot. That show is awesome.

i got sick christmas eve. christmas day was a joke. woke up long enough to see the kids open their presents, crashed back in bed around 9 am, wife briefly woke me up to tell me she was taking the kids to her parents' house for the day. i woke up sometime around 5, feeling significantly better, but not enough to drive to her parents' place. what's a guy to do?

start watching breaking bad.

i kid you not, i pulled 2 all-nighters in a row. i finished all of the first 4 seasons in 5 days (took off 2 days from work so i wouldn't contaminate the office). finished the first part of season 5 in a single day. recently went back and re-watched every ep. that show ... it *is* meth.

My father's day present: A grilling class hosted by Iron Chef Walter Royal at the Angus Barn Pavilion in Raleigh yesterday. A three hour course with different stations including: whole hog and goat BBQ, butchering beef tenderloin, seafood grill / boil, wood fired pizza oven / grilling, and chicken and beef smoking techniques among others. At each station they had all you can eat samples of what they were teaching plus an open bar with great local brews. Then at the end of all the station rotations all the food went out for a giant buffet. When it was over I don't think I've ever felt that full in my life. I went with a couple of friends whose wives also stepped up big time for fathers day. On top of all this we had shuttle service to and from the event courtesy of our wives so we didn't have to worry about drinking too much. It was truly awesome and the bar has been raised significantly for mothers day next year.

Two books I'm reading... I'm sure many of you have read Ken Dryden's The Game. If you haven't, do. Great stuff. And the other is Saving Face: The Art and History of the Goalie Mask. Just really cool stuff. Learning a lot.

Breaking Bad is the best tv show ever made.

Breaking Bad and GoT are my two favorite TV shows. They're so different, and I think I have to wait until the final 8 episodes of BB are out before I can claim one is better than the other.

Also Bonnaroo was absolutely amazing this year.

I cried when Paul McCartney played Blackbird and then cried hard when he followed it up with Here Today. He also played Something, my favorite Beatles song even though it's a Geroge.

Breathtaking performance by a 71 year old. Truly amazing.

Edited by qwksndmonster

Breaking Bad and GoT are my two favorite TV shows. They're so different, and I think I have to wait until the final 8 episodes of BB are out before I can claim one is better than the other.

Also Bonnaroo was absolutely amazing this year.

I cried when Paul McCartney played Blackbird and then cried hard when he followed it up with Here Today. He also played Something, my favorite Beatles song even though it's a Geroge.

Breathtaking performance by a 71 year old. Truly amazing.

Last eight episodes start Aug.8 I believe.

Didn't know where else to put this, as the story on it's own is not awesome and I'd be livid if this was going on in my neighborhood. But this one quote from a concerned neighbor was pretty funny.

http://raleighpublic...-party-mansion/

“So I walk back there and there’s all these, there’s all these 20-year-old hot chicks sitting in the pool, doing lap dances … I don’t know what the hell is going on, I’m like, freakin’ out, I’ve been married for 23 years,” he said.

“So I’m like, you know what, I’ll go get a drink, whatever."

:w00t: