Things that are AWESOME...

SDS

11 vacation days left, and 11 Fridays left in the work year. Coincidence? I think not.

4 days or fewer for the remainder of the year, bishes!

11 vacation days?! good crap. that's awesome. i have ... 6? maybe 7?

BUT i'm seriously considering moving to a 4-10 sked for next year. every friday off is too good to pass up. and with the sick leave and floating holiday hours our company offers in addtion to incremental vacation time, it's a pretty sweet gig. the only downside is having to work 10 hours. that's a frickin' drag.

BUT FRIDAYS OFF! hard to ignore.

11 vacation days?! good crap. that's awesome. i have ... 6? maybe 7?

BUT i'm seriously considering moving to a 4-10 sked for next year. every friday off is too good to pass up. and with the sick leave and floating holiday hours our company offers in addtion to incremental vacation time, it's a pretty sweet gig. the only downside is having to work 10 hours. that's a frickin' drag.

BUT FRIDAYS OFF! hard to ignore.

Like, I know! And there's even a thread for it! :D

I didn't plan it that way. Over the Summer I kept telling myself I needed to take some more time off while the weather is nice. Obviously it didn't happen often enough. So now with the salmon and steelhead running in the Lake Ontario tributaries and hunting season at bay I'm stuck with an extra day off each week from here on out. Oh! The Humanity!!

And if I could get away with four 10 hr days I'd do it in a heart beat.

Not so sure that it's awesome as much as just interesting, but apparently smelling things that aren't there is a "thing".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phantosmia

I do this. I will occasionally smell things that aren't there but that I am able to identify. It happened this afternoon and for some reason I decided to look it up. Weird.

Not so sure that it's awesome as much as just interesting, but apparently smelling things that aren't there is a "thing".

http://en.wikipedia....wiki/Phantosmia

I do this. I will occasionally smell things that aren't there but that I am able to identify. It happened this afternoon and for some reason I decided to look it up. Weird.

Gotta be ghosts.

interesting.

"Although the causes of phantosmia are debated, it is often comorbid with psychological disorders such as schizophrenia, mood disorders, Parkinsons disease, epilepsy,neuroblastoma, and frequent migraines."

:unsure:

i'm not so sure about all the non-benign associations. i have experienced this a couple of times in my life, and the experience to me seems tied to a memory that is being triggered somewhere in the recesses of meh brain. smell is such a strong conjurer of memory -- i think sometimes it can work the other way around.

Edited by That Aud Smell

interesting.

Although the causes of phantosmia are debated, it is often comorbid with psychological disorders such as schizophrenia, mood disorders, Parkinsons disease, epilepsy,neuroblastoma, and frequent migraines.

:unsure:

i'm not so sure about all the non-benign associations. i have experienced this a couple of times in my life, and the experience to me seems tied to a memory that is being triggered somewhere in the recesses of meh brain. smell is such a strong conjurer of memory -- i think sometimes it can work the other way around.

Agreed. I'm pretty sure I'm not suffering from anything of those sorts haha

You're burying the lead! What did you smell?

This is fun and funny.

http://youtu.be/j_-MsDSAW0Y

They forgot The Lindy.

And The WTF. Oh, wait...

I believe that humans are the only creature on the planet that destroys its own environment.

Every now and then I see something that restores my faith in humanity.

If you do not like bats you will look at them in a whole new light after watching the linked video of some very caring people who rescued and cared for an orphaned baby bat. FYI ... I love bats.

http://io9.com/5866893/this-orphaned-baby-bat-is-the-cutest-thing-youll-see-all-day

AWESOME!!

I missed that one...explain?

We're just slowly being poisoned...

Long story short, a company has this huge pile of ###### building up, and it is being burned to get rid of. The town has smelled like garbage mixed with melting plastic and burning hair for months now, and the EPA took tests, and the results were fairly...horrible. I read on some news site that styrene levels were 704times the safe limit, and there are highly elevated amounts of carcinogens...

People in town over the weekend, as they put out the fire, were literally told to not go outside, at all. I have friends on the street of hillcrest whose parents are having respiratory problems, and cant do anything...and our XC tram has been running through town for months...

Hopefully it will be over soon though, now that the fire is out.

Oh, and dozens of faculty and students were sent home due to dizziness and nausea/vomiting last Friday alone.

And every, last, single student and teacher is sick with what appeared to be a cold, but colds don't last from the start of school in September, to right now, with no end to the symptoms. Either it's because of the air or it is an extremely flukey bug.

We're just slowly being poisoned...

Long story short, a company has this huge pile of ###### building up, and it is being burned to get rid of. The town has smelled like garbage mixed with melting plastic and burning hair for months now, and the EPA took tests, and the results were fairly...horrible. I read on some news site that styrene levels were 704times the safe limit, and there are highly elevated amounts of carcinogens...

People in town over the weekend, as they put out the fire, were literally told to not go outside, at all. I have friends on the street of hillcrest whose parents are having respiratory problems, and cant do anything...and our XC tram has been running through town for months...

Hopefully it will be over soon though, now that the fire is out.

Oh, and dozens of faculty and students were sent home due to dizziness and nausea/vomiting last Friday alone.

And every, last, single student and teacher is sick with what appeared to be a cold, but colds don't last from the start of school in September, to right now, with no end to the symptoms. Either it's because of the air or it is an extremely flukey bug.

oh

wow. best of luck with that! that's crazy/scary!

Muse's new CD is ridiculous. Stand-out tracks: Supremecy, Madness, Panic Station, Survival, Animals, Save Me, Liquid State. The last two are sung by Chris Wolstenhume, so if you're familiar with the band and are wondering, "Hey, that singer ... that's not Matt! Who the **** is that?!", there's your answer.

Finally got my official time for the 5k I ran a few weeks back: 28:03, which is a pace of 9:03/mile. Not too bad for my first one ever. I already decided to register for another one on the 14th. My goal is just to improve on that, even if it's by 3 seconds.

That's not bad at all dude!

This probably isn't "awesome" but I don't know where else to put it. I've always wondered if I could be a voice actor (people have been telling me to do it for years). So I decided to put myself out there on craigslist and see if anyone bites.

Here's my amateur as hell demo:

This probably isn't "awesome" but I don't know where else to put it. I've always wondered if I could be a voice actor (people have been telling me to do it for years). So I decided to put myself out there on craigslist and see if anyone bites.

Here's my amateur as hell demo:

http://youtu.be/fBT3R3DMke4

No. Pretty sure that's awesome.