Things that are AWESOME...

SDS

I believe we are in the same age group.

What's an mp3, or whatever it's called?

Yep, It's CD, or vinyl, for me.

Oh, I have plenty of music on the various devices I own, but I usually buy the music in CD form first.

I use CD's but only buy music every 5 or 6 years when Slayer puts out an album. All other music comes from converting youtube videos to mp3 files and burning them to blank CD's. Since I have a new car now I actually have a jack/outlet to hook up my phone or mp3 player but I haven't used it yet.

CD?!  You guys are soft!  I had 8-track tapes, which only went in one direction on one side.  When I convinced my dad to put a cassette player (which I payed for) in the car, it was music freedom!

I still have an 8-track player laying around if you want it. 

Finally came home Monday night with both boys.  Spent nearly 2 weeks in the NICU in Syracuse due to respiratory distress, but all is well, and we are loving being home.  They are in between preemie clothes and newborn clothes, so their Sabres onsies don't quite fit yet...

Just ask Gionta for a couple of his uniforms! :P

But seriously, great news!

CD?!  You guys are soft!  I had 8-track tapes, which only went in one direction on one side.  When I convinced my dad to put a cassette player (which I payed for) in the car, it was music freedom!

So did I.  I bet you're not still buying them though.  ;)

Got an interview for next week

...I have no clue what to do :lol:. Advice from anyone would be awesome

I've interviewed a few dozen people over the years.  I can probably spare an hour to practice if you want.

OK that's the second reference--did something happen to him when I was away or something?

He had a minor meltdown in the other sports thread when the Bonnies were left out of the NCAA tournament.  I guess I may have been the last straw for him?  I laughed at the conversation, he did what he always does, and I did what I always do, and he hasn't been seen since.  The whole thing was so damned weird yet predictable at the same time. 

I mean, who gets that mad over ball busting about alumni teams?  It's practically a rite of passage in my industry everywhere.

Edited by We've

He had a minor meltdown in the other sports thread when the Bonnies were left out of the NCAA tournament.  I guess I may have been the last straw for him?  I laughed at the conversation, he did what he always does, and I did what I always do, and he hasn't been seen since.  The whole thing was so damned weird yet predictable at the same time. 

I mean, who gets that mad over ball busting about alumni teams?  It's practically a rite of passage in my industry everywhere.

He was online since that incident, but has not posted since he blasted you for joking around about it.

I've interviewed a few dozen people over the years.  I can probably spare an hour to practice if you want.

I appreciate the offer, how would we go about doing that though? What I'm most worried for is the technical questions; the one mock interview I did I was asked to program a boggle board. Caught me really off guard

Don't do it Wild. This is how he lured Hoss.

:lol:

I appreciate the offer, how would we go about doing that though? What I'm most worried for is the technical questions; the one mock interview I did I was asked to program a boggle board. Caught me really off guard

:lol:

Well, I have no idea what a boggle board even is, so I am sure I can't ask you technical questions.  If you just want to run through having a stranger ask you questions, I'm sure we can meet up at a bar somewhere.

Well, I have no idea what a boggle board even is, so I am sure I can't ask you technical questions.  If you just want to run through having a stranger ask you questions, I'm sure we can meet up at a bar somewhere.

I appreciate it Eleven, but I think I'm going to try to spend today brushing up on my technical stuff. I found some website online that have given me a lot of work to do today.

Though, if you would, would you tell me what exactly you look for in a candidate? The things I've heard preached, other than the obvious of dressing appropriately, are asking about the company, knowing about the company....and that's about it.

I appreciate it Eleven, but I think I'm going to try to spend today brushing up on my technical stuff. I found some website online that have given me a lot of work to do today.

Though, if you would, would you tell me what exactly you look for in a candidate? The things I've heard preached, other than the obvious of dressing appropriately, are asking about the company, knowing about the company....and that's about it.

I think weave nailed it.  Outside of having the right skill set, I want to like the people I'm working with.  Ideally, I'm hiring someone who I'm going to work with for a long time, so it's important that I like the person.  So be likeable.  

I think weave nailed it.  Outside of having the right skill set, I want to like the people I'm working with.  Ideally, I'm hiring someone who I'm going to work with for a long time, so it's important that I like the person.  So be likeable.  

That's so open-ended though. Wild could take that advice and be overly gregarious. That's a likeable characteristic for some, and nails on a chalkboard for others. I'd say be yourself, plus 10% phony baloney. It's like dating. Why pretend to be someone you're not. It might work in the very short term but won't end well. I mean, even Costanza can't thrust his right elbow out for the rest of his life.

That's so open-ended though. Wild could take that advice and be overly gregarious. That's a likeable characteristic for some, and nails on a chalkboard for others. I'd say be yourself, plus 10% phony baloney. It's like dating. Why pretend to be someone you're not. It might work in the very short term but won't end well. I mean, even Costanza can't thrust his right elbow out for the rest of his life.

Yea, but much like Costanzo accidentally developed a real elbow problem, maybe WildCard will accidentally become a nice person.