[OT] ... Best concert ever attended / hope to attend

Sabres Fan in NS

The double digit Springsteen shows starting with Kleinhans and culminating at the Reily Center in 1979 overpower most everything but the Who after Cinci, with the Clash at Rich and Heart at the CNE weren't bad. Stones were awful in 78 at Rich, Blue Oyster Cult, Lynrd Skynard and Nugent at Rich were an interesting mix and Clapton closing with Somewhere over the Rainbow was interesting.

Twice had tickets for Zepplin for shows that never were(actually only a voucher for the second show), saw The Police at Stage One on their first tour and regret never seeing The Doors no matter what mood Mr. Mojorisin was in.

1) Green Day at HSBC (American Idiot Tour)

2) All-American Rejects at UB spring fest... Real Big Fish and All American Rejects both made that show pretty great

3) Metallica at HSBC was pretty sweet, the floor tickets and the atmosphere were electric

4) No Doubt/Paramore at Darien Lake was fun because I had 3rd row tickets and it was a fun show

5) MCR/Blink 182 at Darien lake was a good concert but I couldn't see which made it suck a bit.

6) Lady Gaga was a good show.... although at GAGA I got hit on by 6 different dudes... and I am not big fan of her music...

That No Doubt/Paramore show was a lot of fun. Made the decision to go last minute and got lawn tickets. Gwen Stefani is hot as hell so I there was no reason not to go. Oh and I like their music haha

Best show I've ever been to? Probably my 21st birthday when I saw Flogging Molly for the first time at Water Street and Reverend Peyton's Big Damn Band was the opener. What a phenomenal show.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Ra0DsbiNs0

If you don't watch that video, you're insane. Do it for your soul.

Bands I want to see live? That list is pretty short but it would have to be my two favorite bands:

The Tragically Hip

The Reverend Horton Heat

Rev Ho is coming to Roch in April. I'll be going to that show for sure. The man is outrageous on the guitar.

http://youtu.be/-x1-q47XyK0

The Reverend Horton Heat Rev Ho is coming to Roch in April. I'll be going to that show for sure. The man is outrageous on the guitar.

Have you ever seen Southern Culture on the Skids? The Reverend and SCOTS have played many shows together down here over the years. Very similar and both awesome. I've drank moonshine with Rick Miller (the guitar player / lead singer). And the female bass player is always a good thing in a band. :thumbsup:

Best show I've ever been to? Probably my 21st birthday when I saw Green Day for the first time at Water Street and Reverend Peyton's Big Damn Band was the opener. What a phenomenal show.

I would have put money that I was the only person here that had seen Big Damn Band before, nice!

The double digit Springsteen shows starting with Kleinhans and culminating at the Reily Center in 1979 overpower most everything but the Who after Cinci, with the Clash at Rich and Heart at the CNE weren't bad. Stones were awful in 78 at Rich, Blue Oyster Cult, Lynrd Skynard and Nugent at Rich were an interesting mix and Clapton closing with Somewhere over the Rainbow was interesting.

Twice had tickets for Zepplin for shows that never were(actually only a voucher for the second show), saw The Police at Stage One on their first tour and regret never seeing The Doors no matter what mood Mr. Mojorisin was in.

Blue Oyster Cult and Nugent (if you can get past the in your face politics) still put on fantastic shows. I've seen both of them then and now. Neither one has lost their ability to entertain.

At the risk of hijacking my own thread ...

As a kid, I remember many concerts at the Ontario Place Forum in Toronto. Open air and students would get in for a dollar (Canadian) back in the day, which included admission to the park and then the concerts were free. My first concert ever was The Romantics and The Numbers, before they became famous.

Any concert at the CNE Stadium grandstand in Toronto (if the whole stadium was used it was better, but only huge acts played the whole thing) was bad ... earlier posters have mentioned it . Only because the venue really sucked ... it was closed at the back end and the sound just bounced back. Went to many a concert there, but the worst had to be Echo And The Bunnymen and New Order. Love the bands and their music, but their type of music (techno / dance) did not lend itself to the venue.

Also saw many concerts at Maple Leaf Gardens. The best one has to be Bob Marley. What an experience. If for some reason one did not bring their own stuff you'd get high just from the bands big splifs. It was the Babylon By Bus tour and from that day on I vowed to see Bob at Reggae Sunsplash in Jamaica. Never made it ... :( . I know the music is not everyones cup of tea, but here is a sample ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-zMNVWmOyhw

I would have really loved to have seen U2 at a small club in Dublin before they became famous.

At the risk of hijacking my own thread ...

As a kid, I remember many concerts at the Ontario Place Forum in Toronto. Open air and students would get in for a dollar (Canadian) back in the day, which included admission to the park and then the concerts were free. My first concert ever was The Romantics and The Numbers, before they became famous.

Any concert at the CNE Stadium grandstand in Toronto (if the whole stadium was used it was better, but only huge acts played the whole thing) was bad ... earlier posters have mentioned it . Only because the venue really sucked ... it was closed at the back end and the sound just bounced back.

The Who, Heart amd Teenage Head.

The Best two concerts I saw ever were in 1985 July 4th on the Mall in DC starting with the Beach Boys and then Led Zepplin joined in sans John Bonham. If memory serves me correctly and that is a big if, his son Jason Bonham sat in with them. Brian Wilson and Jimmy Page on guitar jamming off each other as Plant and the two main singers from the Beach boys harmonized switching from Beach Boy songs to Zepplin songs....It was a wow dude moment. P.S. The temp was in the mid 90s and people were drunk and passed out all over the place. This was the last big concert on the Mall in DC it was trashed for a month.

The other was one was a fourth of July concert at RFK stadium forget what year but in the 90s with Paul McCartney and Wings. The stage explosions of Live or Let Die rocked the whole stadium plus I had a date and got laid later. Been to bunch of others, but those two were the most fun.

For those who doubt: http://en.wikipedia....The_Beach_Boys:

1980s–present

The touring line-up of The Beach Boys, plus guest original member David Marks, in 2008

From 1980 through 1982, The Beach Boys and The Grass Roots performed Independence Day concerts at the National Mall in Washington, D.C., attracting large crowds.[63][64] However, in April 1983, James G. Watt, President Ronald Reagan's Secretary of the Interior, banned Independence Day concerts on the Mall by such groups. Watt said that "rock bands" that had performed on the Mall on Independence Day in 1981 and 1982 had encouraged drug use and alcoholism and had attracted "the wrong element", who would mug people and families attending any similar events in the future.[64] During the ensuing uproar, The Beach Boys stated that the Soviet Union, which had invited them to perform in Leningrad in 1978, "obviously .... did not feel that the group attracted the wrong element".[64] Vice President George H. W. Bush said of The Beach Boys, "They're my friends and I like their music".[64] Watt apologized to the band after learning that President Reagan and First Lady Nancy Reagan were fans of The Beach Boys.[65] White House staff presented Watt with a plaster foot with a hole in it, symbolizing his having shot himself in the foot with his decision.[66] On July 4, 1983, The Beach Boys performed a free concert on the beach in Atlantic City, New Jersey, then, in 1984, The Beach Boys returned to Washington D.C. to give an Independence Day concert on the Mall to an audience of 750,000 people.[67][68]

Also, at my college pub ... anytime FM with Nash The Slash played was always a good time.

I forgot Nash the Slash .... edit ... The Who, Heart, Teenage Head and Nash the Slash .... quite a night, indeed ... as was the conversation going back over the boarder!

Excellent topic. Can you guess what show will be my favourite?

I've seen AC/DC 14 times and every time has been outstanding. From the first time I saw them on my 18th birthday in '83, to the Black Ice shows in 2008 and 2009.

The highlight though was going in Nov/08 with the family. Wife, daughter (7) and son (9) I went just thrilled we all got to see them together. But I was completely blown away that men in their 50's and 60's were performing at such a high level. It was incredible. To see Brian Johnson run 50 yards in a full sprint down the catwalk and jumping into the Hell's Bell, was such a sight.

AC/DC never mail in shows. Consumate pros. Tight, energetic, fun and loud.

Nothing beats an AC/DC show.

Saw lots of big bands i 80's and 90's

Def Leppard

KISS

Van Halen

Police

Scorpions (Bon Jovi opened)

Queensryche

Tragically Hip

Iron Maiden

Bryan Adams

Rick Springfield (gf made me go)

BOC

Motley Crue

There are more but none of them compare to AC/DC

I'd like to see Collective Soul.

You are in direct violation of your man Card, I would ask that you please turn it in to your local Chapter, but with a violation of this level, the card self distructs, If you ever need a Man card again, I suggest you ask Gaga to borrow hers

I once loved a girl so much I would have watched a teletubbies concert at the gates of hell for her. If that means I lose my man card, so be it.

In honor of the Winter which seems to have graced us finally.

Since it has been a while since someone has posted to this thread and the All-Star break is pretty much over we can all get back to dealing with the Sabres' train wreck of a season.

I will lock this thread for now. Should anyone care to add anything to the thread please PM (for the new members PM = personal message) me and I will open it again for you.

Thank you again to all who contributed and/ or read the posts. We are into page 4 of posts with well over two thousand reads.

With that I will close the thread with three of my favourites. I have attended numerous concerts by all three ...

Firstly, Great Big Sea. Everyone will rant and roar like true Newfoundlanders.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZpxnZ7kPmQ

Secondly, Queen. While one may not like their music, I don't think anyone would argue with Freddie's charisma and his uncanny way to captivate an audiance. I give you arguably the best live performance in R & R history ... Queen at Live Aid.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IGUdjHUVd18

And finally, The Clash. The only band that ever mattered. This is Career Opportunities at Shea Stadium when they were on tour with The Who. I was not at this show, but was at another show on the tour and actually, believe it or not, left after The Clash.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JC50RVu5QMc

What else is there for me to say ...

Archived