[OT] ... Best concert ever attended / hope to attend

Sabres Fan in NS

2. Most of the Slackers shows I've been to, they always put on a great show and I can dance around like an idiot. If I had to pick one, they did a booze cruise on the Hudson a couple years ago. A band, a boat, a bar, and the Hudson river from 44th st down to the Statue of Liberty and back.

3. Flogging Molly, Irving Plaza near Union Square a couple years ago. Party because the opening band, Reverend Peyton's Big Damn Band was something to behold, look them up on Youtube. FM is really solid in concert, their shows tend towards the punk side of things so high energy with lots of singing along.

Not the best concert I've attended, but I saw The Slackers open for Flogging Molly in Rochester in like 2001 or 2002.

Only been to one concert so far...

Headlined by Avenged Sevenfold and Godsmack.

Bands included: Three Days Grace, Seether, Alter Bridge, Bullet For My Valentine, Skillet, Theory of a Deadman, Hinder, Saving Abel, and some newer, upcoming bands.

Wish I could see a few that are coming to my area this summer, but who knows.

Was that the Uproar Festival? I took my son to see that festival at Darien Lake this past Summer. Was his first rock concert. Most of the bands you listed were there. Son had a fantastic time. I enjoyed it as well. Seether really upstaged the headliners in my opinion. They were fantastic. Long story but I ended up getting a VIP seat up on the deck next to the stage so the boys got to sit by themselves. I also missed a chance to have my son go backstage to meet Three Days Grace.

I'm coming back to this thread when I have more time. I cant even read through this right now but will. Great topic sfins!

Two of my standout concerts are # 1 Stevie Ray Vaugh at Massey Hall in Toronto somewhere about 1982 or 83 maybe.

And # 2 The Rolling Stones at Rich Stadium in September 1981 I think :angel:

Incredible memories that are with me for life from both shows for many reasons including the perormers, the environment and the many many things you see people doing at shows.

Hmm, that was just before I got into those bands, but that would have been a pretty cool show.

It was at Water Street, and while I like both bands and have seen them on multiple occasions I remember it feeling like the longest show of my life. By the end of it I just wanted to get out of there.

Forgot about Rush ...

Saw them many times over the years. Good Canadian boys and always a good show.

i've seen them 3 times. 1991 for Roll the Bones, 1997 for Test for Echo (@the delta center. horrible venue for concerts. sounded like they were playing in a tin cup under water), and last year for the Time Machine tour. THAT was simply mind-blowing. RTB show was okay, but I got violently ill during the show and had to leave for a few songs.

My list always starts with the WHo in Dec 1979 - their first concert after the kids were killed in Cincy;

The Stones everytime I've seen them and, in a real surpirse, the original Chicago lineup at Melody Fair.

I also loved Peter Gabriel's first solo tour - which I think was at Kleinhan's Music Hall but most memories are hazy

Crosby Stills and Nash opened for Petty in 2010 at Darien Lake... but unfortunately no Young. :(

I mostly like classic rock, but there's a few modern-era bands I would have liked to see live. Blink 182, Sum 41, and Simple Plan, for example, are bands I would have loved to see when I was 10-12, but I'm a little embarrassed by my taste of music back then.

There is one musician that I absolutely adore in modern music, Anthony Green, and I would KILL to see him live... but a lot of his music is lovey dovey hippie-ish kind of stuff. Nothing that any of my friends (or probably anyone here) would be interested in. Even though it would mean the world for me to see him live, what fun is it going to a concert alone?

Wow - too many good shows to mention over the years.... but I'll try!

I saw Emerson, Lake and Palmer at Rich Stadium (now "the Ralph") back in the mid-70's (with Lynyrd Skynyrd as one of the opening bands, no less!) - great show and unusual in that the opening bands (The James Gang was another) were mostly Southern rock, and ELP was certainly NOT. Saw Yes there the next summer; also great.

Saw the Bangles at Darien Lake twice - although they were a "girl band". I thought they were extremely talented musicians and played very hard.

Saw a Canadian singer named Jane Siberry, mid-eighties at the Tralf in Buffalo...probably the most artistic and complete show, with music, choreography and lighting.

Saw Moxy Früvous a number of times; always a fun show.

Saw Great Big Sea nearly as many times; also great.

We followed a band called The Great Train Robbery around for a number of years in the eighties - always a great time. The band dissolved for a number of years, then reunited several years ago. Don't know if they are still playing... (by the way, this band opened for 10,000 Maniacs in Buffalo several times. GTR had a great horn section; listen to the horn arrangements on the Maniacs' songs "Candy Everybody Wants" and "Few and Far Between" to hear their influence (IMHO))

I went to see Lady GaGa at HSBC/FNC last spring. Not everyone's cup of tea for sure, but a show I won't soon forget...no matter how hard I try. :blink:

Yikes so many overtime so little memory.

My first official concert was Jethro Tull Aqualung tour at the Aud.

Best show ever has to be Pink Floyd with Led Zepplin a very close second both also at the Aud seats on the floor 12th and 15th rows. (My freinds older brother worked for radio station as the time)

Many, many runner ups, AC/DC, Rolling Stones, The Who reunion tour at Rich Stadium, Queen, Deep Purple, Heart, ELO, Eagles, BOC, ZZ top, Cheap trick, Aerosmith, Lynard Skynard, Ted Nugent, Eric Clapton, Pat Benatar, David Bowie, Bob Seger, Bruce Sprinsteen, Triumph, ELP, TYA, Mountain, Crosby Stills, Nash and young, Wishbone Ash, Humble Pie, George Toroughgood, Foreigner, James gang, Allman Brother's, Uriah Heep, Focus, Moody Blues, Joe Cocker, Peter Frampton, Journey, and more that are not being remembered right now ........ Yeah I like rock and that's how I still roll.

I regret not going to many concerts from the time I was 16 through my mid-20's. Except for a couple of shows at Rich Stadium, I have nothing from the bands you listed...and I loved. Most of my friends never showed much interest, and instead we spent more time going to see local cover bands over this time period.

I am really jealous of you right now. :(

I saw Emerson, Lake and Palmer at Rich Stadium (now "the Ralph") back in the mid-70's (with Lynyrd Skynyrd as one of the opening bands, no less!) -

I forgot one: saw Jethro Tull with ELP opening at Darien Lake in... 1996? We just went to the park and hung out behind the ampitheatre, but one friend found the door in back was ajar so we snuck in and sat out in the grass and saw the entire show. Awesome day!

Good topic. Here are some of my favorite that I've attended.

Pink Floyd, CNE (where the Blue Jays used to play) Division Bell tour, 1994

Neil Young & Crazy Horse, The Aud, Ragged Glory tour 1991

Catherine Wheel, The Trubadour, Los Angeles 2001

Tragically Hip, The Avalon, Los Angeles 2005

Yes, The Aud, Union tour, 1990

Social Distortion, Hard Rock Las Vegas, 2003

Rush, The Aud, Roll The Bones tour, 1991

Plant & Page, MGM, Las Vegas, 2000

Roger Waters, MGM, Las Vegas, 2002

U2, The Pond, Anaheim, CA, Elevation Tour 2001

U2, Sam Boyd, Las Vegas, POP MART tour, 1997

Phish, Thomas & Mack Center, Las Vegas, New Years Eve show, 2004

Biggest regret missed show. U2 at the Aud, Joshua Tree tour, 1987. Sold out and I missed it!!!

Many have mentioned Rush and I'll have to include them as well. I've seen them maybe a dozen times over the years but two shows stand out for me. My first Rush show, 1991 at the Aud for Roll The Bones tour. Fifth row center. Also, 2002 here in Raleigh for the Vapor Trails tour when I never thought I'd see Rush perform again after the Neil Peart tradgedies.

I've seen hundreds of concerts but these bands stand out:

The Tragically Hip, but I havent seen them live since maybe 2000, they don't make it to the southeast often unfortunately.

Porcupine Tree. I've only seen them twice, but if you are a Rush, Floyd or Genesis fan you need to heck these guys out. Fantastic live show.

Southern Culture on The Skids. I got into these guys before I moved south actually. They tour everywhere and have caught them at Nietzsche's a few times before I moved down here. They are a hard band to describe, but they describe themselves as "toe sucking geek rock". Plus they throw fried chicken at all of their shows. Highly recommended.

Steel Panther. I caught these guys in Vegas last fall more as something to do and didn't really know a thing about them. Think Spinal Tap for hair metal / ###### rock. Hilarious and extremely talented musicians. They were supposed to be on Kimmel next week, but the plug got mysteriously pulled yesterday, I think the PC police got to the network higher ups unfortunately.

that's all I got for now.

I'm kind of curious about one thing. How many people actually pay attention to the opening acts?

I do. I saw Sting open for the Grateful Dead at Rich Stadium in 1994. Amazing!

- - -

Forgot a couple.

Live, at the old Icon bar in Buffalo, 1990

The Church, Salt Lake City UT, After Everything tour, 2003

Lowest of the Low, Thursday in the Square, Buffalo NY 1993

Neil Young with Booker T & MGs, Pearl Jam, Soundgarden and Blues Traveler, CNE Toronto, 1994.

I think I may have you all (due to age). I've seen a bunch of Pearl Jam concerts and they've gotten a lot better over the years (they used to only play for around 90 minutes during that ticketron lawsuit era). I've also liked the Our Lady Peace concerts I've went to (especially the USA/Canada festival in 91 where they played with the Tea Party/watchman, etc). But the best concert I ever saw was on Dec 7, 1980 (the day Lennon died), I saw U2 in their 3rd concert ever in the US (they played Boston and NYC in the previous few days) in Buffalo (I think Sheas??). They opened and closed the show with "I will follow." the 87 U2 show in Buffalo (Joshua tree) wasn't great btw - Bono had a sore voice and a broken shoulder.

I think I may have you all (due to age). I've seen a bunch of Pearl Jam concerts and they've gotten a lot better over the years (they used to only play for around 90 minutes during that ticketron lawsuit era). I've also liked the Our Lady Peace concerts I've went to (especially the USA/Canada festival in 91 where they played with the Tea Party/watchman, etc). But the best concert I ever saw was on Dec 7, 1980 (the day Lennon died), I saw U2 in their 3rd concert ever in the US (they played Boston and NYC in the previous few days) in Buffalo (I think Sheas??). They opened and closed the show with "I will follow." the 87 U2 show in Buffalo (Joshua tree) wasn't great btw - Bono had a sore voice and a broken shoulder.

Very impressive. It was Sheas (my friends older brother was there). I knew about Bono's broken shoulder and bad voice in 87, but still pissed I missed it.

I saw Our Lady Peace at Hard Rock Las Vegas in 98. Had backstage pass too. Cool lead singer. Good time for sure.

Cheers!

Ive seen:

Whites stripes at the Molson amplitheatre in Toronto

Sum 41 at RIT

(I regret seeing) Everclear and oceansize at Niagara University

George Clinton and the Parilment Funadelics thursday in the square

I want to see:

MUSE, Biffy Clyro, At-the-drive-in, Foo Fighters, Metallica

Regret not seeing:

Jimi Hendrix, Nirvana, Led Zepplin

Oh My gosh reading this thread has brought back so many memories for me. Growing up, my friends and I saw many concerts...first one as a freshman in high school late 78 or early 79...Foreigner at the Aud. My mom said I could go...but get a ride DON'T TAKE THE BUS. We lived in Cheektowaga and we had someone buy us beer at the corner store, jumped on the bus at Genessee Street and headed for the Aud. haha, sorry mom.

Stones and Who at Rich back in the day...early 80's. Stones came first and I remember the following summer at the Who show the moment Daltry and Co. started Love, Reign O'er Me the clouds broke open and it started pouring. It was awesome and Daltrey screamed "Let's see Jagger do THAT!" Good times.

BEST: Peter Gabriel at Shea's in 81 I believe. Aud smell was right...small venue, intimate, Gabriel was great. For Shock the Monkey he swung on monkey bars on the stage and sang his a$$ off. Lay Your Hands On Me was sweet with him diving into the crowd.

SECOND BEST? seeing Metallica with my teenage daughter in Cleveland a couple of years ago. We are mother and daughter with not a lot in common. The only thing we do really share is music, both our taste in, and love of. It was her first show and we had a blast. We missed the Tool show in Toledo early this week but oh well...hoping to catch an AIC show with her before she heads to college in the fall.

BIGGEST REGRET? John Bonham's death a day or two before tickets went on sale for a show in Buffalo. (Was that the In Through the Out Door album?) We had plans to sleep out (hey youngins thats how we used to get tickets) and heard he had died and damn we were oh so close.

Best Shows

Janes Addiction in a small indoor venue in Toronto 7 years ago

Alice in Chains 13 times every one as great as the one before

The Headstones At Jimmy B's in lockport..LOLJust cuz we partied all night after the show with Hugh

Aerosmith/ Kiss I toured with them for 3 weeks in 2003..Dont remember much but I had to have had a good time

Worst Shows

Def Leppard 2006 Darien Lake

The Bangles 1986 Darien Lake

Archived