What are you eating (or drinking)?

Weave

Enjoyed a couple Sazeracs Friday night (among other things).  It's not something I'd drink regularly, but hard to find bars around here that have Absinthe so I like getting them when I go to the one that does.  Nice change of pace.

Enjoyed a couple Sazeracs Friday night (among other things). It's not something I'd drink regularly, but hard to find bars around here that have Absinthe so I like getting them when I go to the one that does. Nice change of pace.

How do you ask if a bar has absinthe without feeling like a douche?

Enjoying a Horseheads Brewing Hot-Jala-Heim after a seven day work week.

Picked this up In April, while driving across the state after visiting my folks.

It's A good chile beer. I love all things spicy, but so often chile beers are a novelty. I feel like this is an ale first, and a chile beer second.

The only thing that would make this better would be not having to go to work tomorrow.

Had din at Toutant tonight.  Well, mostly a few apps.

The drinks were amazing, as predicted, and Jon (one of the bartenders) should have a better following than he already does.  Drinks were OUT OF THIS WORLD amazing.

The hushpuppies tonight were made with brisket, and they also were out of this world.  My friend ordered smoked andouille with a mustard and pickles, and some pork craklins (those are pork rinds to northerners).  I never have liked andouille, and I freaking hate pork rinds, so I'm not going to comment there.  But it came with house-made pickles, which were delicious enough for me to order a bunch to go.  (I was disappointed that they came in a styro box rather than in a jar.)  The house-made beef jerky tasted way too buttery.

I have a half muffaletta sitting in my fridge for tomorrow's lunch.  Actually, maybe Tuesday's lunch, too, since each "quarter" is about the size of my head.  Looking forward to it.

I just ate what might be the greatest steak I've ever had. I picked up 2 ribeyes today because I was in that kind of mood. Everything about them was perfect.

My wife has finally succumb to my constant pestering of her to like her steak medium rare. It has taken 8 years to get her down from well done. But she's finally there.

Ribeyes, mashed potatoes and green beans. Awesome.

My son on the other hand, had a chicken patty. Strange boy.

All grilled.

Salmon fillet on a cedar plank with a light spicy rub and a thin slice of lemon.

Stuffed eggplant. Stuffing consist of a medley of peppers, onions, and mushrooms mixed in with panko breadcrumbs then a hit of cooking spray on top for a nice brown and crisp.

Asparagus, a few wrapped in prosciutto, just cause I'm a good boy.

It is very good, amazingly healthy and would gladly trade for a ribeye and tators.  

I just ate what might be the greatest steak I've ever had. I picked up 2 ribeyes today because I was in that kind of mood. Everything about them was perfect.

My wife has finally succumb to my constant pestering of her to like her steak medium rare. It has taken 8 years to get her down from well done. But she's finally there.

You successfully converted a well done meat eater to med-rare? Impressive.

Man, if my parents had given me the choice between steak and chicken I'd have thrown the chicken on the driveway. 

You successfully converted a well done meat eater to med-rare? Impressive.

I did that with my wife.  I've got her mother to medium right now.  She's still a work in progress though.

I am a prisoner in my own home right now.  After dinner I made a pineapple-habanero salsa.  Nothing overly special.  But in a fit of laziness I chopped the hab holding it with my bare fingers.  I've washed my hands 4 times now.  It's still there.  I don't dare touch my eyes, nose, or sensitive spots. 

I suppose it would be foul play to get cuddly with the missus right now, huh?

Green beans are the ultimate accompaniment to steak and potatoes.  Anyone who even suggests broccoli (my fav veg) or asparagus is an infidel.  

I did that with my wife.  I've got her mother to medium right now.  She's still a work in progress though.

I am a prisoner in my own home right now.  After dinner I made a pineapple-habanero salsa.  Nothing overly special.  But in a fit of laziness I chopped the hab holding it with my bare fingers.  I've washed my hands 4 times now.  It's still there.  I don't dare touch my eyes, nose, or sensitive spots. 

Depends on how pissed off you are at the time being.

Green beans are the ultimate accompaniment to steak and potatoes.  Anyone who even suggests broccoli (my fav veg) or asparagus is an infidel.  

Asparagus is the one true steak side. Rich and flavorful beyond that which green beans (an all time great veg) can attain.  You need re-training.  Again.

Asparagus is the one true steak side. Rich and flavorful beyond that which green beans (an all time great veg) can attain.  You need re-training.  Again.

Asparagus can take on only one flavor, that of itself.  And it is an amazing flavor.

Green beans, OTOH, that's your utility player in the vegetable infield.

Add into that what you might want your wife to do after the steak dinner, and the asparagus?  Nah.  I'll take my green beans.  With a nice side of pineapple juice.

Retraining.  Bah.  Rook.

Edited by Eleven

I did that with my wife. I've got her mother to medium right now. She's still a work in progress though.

I am a prisoner in my own home right now. After dinner I made a pineapple-habanero salsa. Nothing overly special. But in a fit of laziness I chopped the hab holding it with my bare fingers. I've washed my hands 4 times now. It's still there. I don't dare touch my eyes, nose, or sensitive spots.

I wasn't so self aware last year with the ghost pepper. Too many brews make your bladder full and your mind soft. I learned though.

Mother in laws rule every where they go. They have always been the boss and aren't going to stop for anyone. Not sure if you're in this scenario. God bless you if you are. FTR I love my mother in law.

Asparagus can take on only one flavor, that of itself.  And it is an amazing flavor.

Green beans, OTOH, that's your utility player in the vegetable infield.

Add into that what you might want your wife to do after the steak dinner, and the asparagus?  Nah.  I'll take my green beans.  With a nice side of pineapple juice.

Retraining.  Bah.  Rook.

My friend (although maybe I should reconsider), asparagus is not a one noter.  It can be sauced as readily as beans, is magical with a prosciutto wrap, and becomes simply decadent roasted over flame.

As for the afterward, if you are doing things correctly, the asparagus won't be a factor before you get your rewards.

You are smart, yet so ignorant youngster.

My friend (although maybe I should reconsider), asparagus is not a one noter.  It can be sauced as readily as beans, is magical with a prosciutto wrap, and becomes simply decadent roasted over flame.

As for the afterward, if you are doing things correctly, the asparagus won't be a factor before you get your rewards.

You are smart, yet so ignorant youngster.

Oh, you misunderstand.  Asparagus will always be the star of its show.  Deservedly.  But it will never be second-billed.

Les haricots verts, mon frère, well, those, they can be the star, the supporting actor, or even a walk-on.

And it's not about my rewards, my man.  I want her rewards to be nice and sweet and RECURRING, you dig?

Edited by Eleven

Oh, you misunderstand.  Asparagus will always be the star of its show.  Deservedly.  But it will never be second-billed.

Les haricots verts, mon frère, well, those, they can be the star, the supporting actor, or even a walk-on.

And it's not about my rewards, my man.  I want her rewards to be nice and sweet and RECURRING, you dig?

Steak and asparagus is like Kane and Toews.  Steak and beans is Tavares and Moulson.  Do you want a contender, or a run to 9th?

And, played right, the reward is before the effect, so you can have your asparagus and your rewards too.  Recurring.   ;)

Like, open your eyes, man.

Steak and asparagus is like Kane and Toews.  Steak and beans is Tavares and Moulson.  Do you want a contender, or a run to 9th?

And, played right, the reward is before the effect, so you can have your asparagus and your rewards too.  Recurring.   ;)

Like, open your eyes, man.

Look, I tried to be nice.  I really did.

But ###### you and your disdain for the simple royalty of the green bean.  People like you.  Always going for the home run, which you seldom get, when you could have double after double after double.

Yeah, the asparagus hits it once in a while.  The green bean hits it every time.  So, do you want to be a once-in-a-while banger?  Or get it every night?

Enjoy your twice-a-month, my man.  Us string bean folks, we know better.

//typed alone for the night and sleepy, but funny.

EDIT:  I've got to kick for tonight.  A trainer at 730 am and a judge at 9 paired to eviscerate me.  I need sleep.  We will take up your problems tomorrow.

Edited by Eleven

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.