What are you eating (or drinking)?

Weave

Expensive by Buffalo standards, but there wasn't much of a bubble (so far, I bought in 2008 and my house has mostly held value). I am kicking myself for not finding something right in Downingtown right now though, being able to walk home would have been nice.

Someone should plan a 'thing' in Buffalo. I'll fill all my growlers (5-6) with the less common Victory brews and bring them up.

I am so holding you to that offer.

Chinese takeout will get picked up soon. I went with Kung Po shrimp. Friends coming over in a bit. The plan is to occupy a barstool for a chunk of the evening. I spied a bottle of Talisker on the shelf the last time we were there. I suppose I'll have a new entry into the whiskey thread later.

Had a fantastic seafood Friday. My sis caught a nice big spotted trout on Thursday, and it made for an excellent lunch the next day. (Had to throw my snook back. Stupid regulations.) Lightly seasoned and grilled, on nice crusty rolls. Appetizer was breaded and pan-fried flounder, caught the same day by my brother-in-law. And dinner was fresh-caught shrimp over pasta.

Had a fantastic seafood Friday. My sis caught a nice big spotted trout on Thursday, and it made for an excellent lunch the next day. (Had to throw my snook back. Stupid regulations.) Lightly seasoned and grilled, on nice crusty rolls. Appetizer was breaded and pan-fried flounder, caught the same day by my brother-in-law. And dinner was fresh-caught shrimp over pasta.

Sounds mighty good their sailor.

Sounds great. Where'd she catch it?

Sounds great. Where'd she catch it?

Palma Sola Bay. Near Tampa.

...and what did she use? ;)

We caught our bait before we really set out. With nets, our leader grabbed about four dozen small fish (think sardine size) before hitting the spots where he thought we could find catches. We used those smaller fish, live. Yeah, it was kind of weird doing that.

Another edition of tasty brunch for me. Between the bf and I, we had:

bagel with cream cheese

omelet topped with smoked salmon and a sour cream and chive sauce

buttermilk pancakes topped with Grand Marnier-flavored mascarpone and candied kumquats

acai, pomegranate, guava, and red grapefruit mimosas

(and then a long nap)

If only I loved exercising as much as I love brunch...

Another edition of tasty brunch for me. Between the bf and I, we had:

bagel with cream cheese

omelet topped with smoked salmon and a sour cream and chive sauce

buttermilk pancakes topped with Grand Marnier-flavored mascarpone and candied kumquats

acai, pomegranate, guava, and red grapefruit mimosas

(and then a long nap)

If only I loved exercising as much as I love brunch...

I think you have re-invented brunch.

That's some good stuff right there.....so is the fishing story. If I wasn't a puss who got seasick, I'd go deep sea fishing a lot more than I have.

We were supposed to go deep-sea fishing in the gulf, but because of the winds, we were restricted to shallow bay fishing. You wouldn't have gotten seasick. We may have had to maroon you somewhere, but you wouldn't have gotten seasick.

Made a roast in the slow cooker over the weekend, so now I get to enjoy shredded beef sandwiches all week. Mmmm.

Just don't eat turkey all week. I had a smoked turkey i worked on and by day 5 I started with a gout attack. Never knew turkey could trigger it. Beer doesn't help the cause....but you try eating healthy and get the turf toe. Never got the gout eating ribeyes.

Just don't eat turkey all week. I had a smoked turkey i worked on and by day 5 I started with a gout attack. Never knew turkey could trigger it. Beer doesn't help the cause....but you try eating healthy and get the turf toe. Never got the gout eating ribeyes.

Never heard of that before... I wonder if there's a spike in gout symptoms every year in late November / early December (asks the science geek)?

Edited by biodork

(Had to throw my snook back. Stupid regulations.)

Throwing back Snooki is never a bad idea. Sure it's nice at the time, but the doctor costs for penicillin will kill you.

Dogfish's Aprihop. A punchy IPA, made with real apricots. Like nothing else I've ever had -- just, amazing.

You know, Dogfish Head brewery isn't that far from my house, I shoul dgo check it out one evening instead of going to Victory. (now I'm rubbing it in)

Work pot-luck today for lunch. All meat quiche, a nice phillo dish with proscuitto, sun-dried tomatoes, goat cheese, and asparagus, Buffalo chicken pie, and my savory sweet corn bread pudding.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.