What are you eating (or drinking)?

Weave

Lunch today would have made the EpicMealTime guys proud: huge BBQ pulled pork sandwich for me, and the bf had a burger topped with spicy BBQ pulled pork and bacon. Mmmm, tasty animals.

And now, German Chocolate Fudge Bites: http://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/2012/02/08/german-chocolate-fudge-bites/

Okay, here comes the Goulash Recipe

Ingredients:

2lbs stew beef

2 large onions, quartered

1 clove garlic, chopped/crushed

2 tsp salt

1/4 pepper

1 tblsp paprika

2 tblsp parsley flakes

1 bay leaf

1 tsp thyme

1 tblsp Worchestershire sauce

1 28 oz can whole tomatoes in juice

Flour

Eggnoodles (I like the 12 oz bag of Pennsylvania Dutch Extra Broad egg noodles)

Preheat oven to 300 degrees.

Heat some vegetable/canola oil/(or shortening if you're old school) in a LARGE pan. Add stew beef and onions. Let brown for a few minutes (not necessary to brown long). Add the can of tomatoes and juice. Add garlic and all remaining spices and stir well. In a plastic container (like a tupperware of some sort) put 1 to 1-1/2 cups cold water and 1/4 to 1/2 cup of flour and shake well. Stir into the goulash and heat until bubbly. Put it in the oven for 1-1/2 to 2 hours (make sure whatever you're using can be covered and can go in the oven.) The meat should be tender within 1-1/2 hours but it can stay in for 2 without a problem. I start cooking the noodles around the 1-1/2 hour mark. While the noodles are cooking remove the goulash from the oven. Put the goualsh on low heat on the oventop and add an additional mixture of 1 to 1-1/2 cups cold water and 1/4 to 1/2 cup flour. Stir in on low heat until thick.

Notes:

I use a cast iron Lodge Logic covered fryer pan. https://secure.lodgemfg.com/storefront/product1_new.asp?menu=logic&idProduct=4193 I find something like this is the way to go with recipes of this type. If you have something similar, you're in luck.

I like a little extra kick in my goulash, so I go half and half with Hungarian Hot Paprika and regular red paprika. It is Hungarian goulash after all.

If you make noodles but run out before you finish the leftovers, it goes great over some bread.

Good luck!

Gladly! I'll do it once The Great Escape is over haha

Drinking some Newcastle Founders Ale. Special edition on sale at a wegmans near you. And it's delicious.

Thanks. I will try in the next week or two. Got to find some hot paprika. Might try it with home made spaetzle or low carb noodles if I can find them.

Home made chocolate ice cream. Nothing beats my wife's ice cream.

Having not had it, I can't really argue. But, Victory Brewing's "Hopped Up Devil" ice cream is really, really, good. Vanila base with chocolate covered coffee beans, cinnamon, and a fair bit of cayenne. I've never had a spicy ice cream before, but I certainly will again. Mmmmm.

Having not had it, I can't really argue. But, Victory Brewing's "Hopped Up Devil" ice cream is really, really, good. Vanila base with chocolate covered coffee beans, cinnamon, and a fair bit of cayenne. I've never had a spicy ice cream before, but I certainly will again. Mmmmm.

Sure. Keep rubbing it in Mr I live next door to the Victory Brewery.

Edited by korab rules

Long story short, but had to go with the kids to Subway for lunch. Daughter orders a cold cut club with no bologna. Lady behind the counter picks up a sheet of parchment paper with what I assume is bologna, throws a couple pieces away, then starts to put the rest on the roll. I say ..wait, no bologna..and she proceeds to tell me that the rest is salami and ham???HUNH???that stuff looks just like bologna...come to find out is turkey ham and salami?????WTF is that...tell her she can chuck the rest.cause that ain't what we ordered. I have never relly like Subway, now know maybe a reason why. Their chicken prolly made out of turkey too! LOL

Pork Chops and a sage vermouth pan sause, frozen peas, and roasred baby reds for dinner.

Sure. Keep rubbing it in Mr I live next door to the Victory Brewery.

I thought of that after I posted it. At least I didn't say anything about the hand-pulled Hop Devil and Storm King, nor the fantastic Monday night taco special they run.

I thought of that after I posted it. At least I didn't say anything about the hand-pulled Hop Devil and Storm King, nor the fantastic Monday night taco special they run.

Good thing, too!

Also good that you didn't bring up things like this:

I work a mile from the brewery. Good times. Nothing better than picking up a fresh growler on the way home from work. Hop Wallop, Golden Monkey, FestBier. So many to choose from!

Hop Wallop? I can't get my mouth to stop watering and I don't even know what it is.

Edited by korab rules

Hop Wallop? I can't get my mouth to stop watering and I don't even know what it is.

Oh, it's *terrible*. You wouldn't like it at all. It's kinda like Hop Devil, but with more hops and a higher alcohol content. I think that might have been on hand-pull the other night too.

Maybe Falstaff and I should meet at the bar and post pictures of beer here for everyone to check out. We just better not mention the new Ranch R double IPA.

Edited by MattPie

Oh, it's *terrible*. You wouldn't like it at all. It's kinda like Hop Devil, but with more hops and a higher alcohol content. I think that might have been on hand-pull the other night too.

Maybe Falstaff and I should meet at the bar and post pictures of beer here for everyone to check out. We just better not mention the new Ranch R double IPA.

More hop and more alcohol? How's the housing market near you?

I hate you with a passion.

More hop and more alcohol? How's the housing market near you?

Expensive by Buffalo standards, but there wasn't much of a bubble (so far, I bought in 2008 and my house has mostly held value). I am kicking myself for not finding something right in Downingtown right now though, being able to walk home would have been nice.

Someone should plan a 'thing' in Buffalo. I'll fill all my growlers (5-6) with the less common Victory brews and bring them up.

Edited by MattPie

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.