What are you eating (or drinking)?

Weave

Yesterday I had corned beef, cabbage, red potatoes, carrots, cabbage and Guinness and Harp.

Replace the Harp with Jameson and ditto for me.

Replace the corned beef, cabbage, red potatoes carrots, and cabbage (again?) with the Jameson instead, and now we're talkin'.

Girlfriend made me Guinness Bison sloppy joes for dinner today. Awesome.

Just had some Vegemite on a roll. If you asked me to describe what it tastes like, I couldn't do it. But it's something I will continue to eat, because I'm weird.

I've never had this, but both people I know that have tried it did so with the mistaken impression that they were consuming Nutella, which most certainly influenced their feelings on the subject.

I've never had this, but both people I know that have tried it did so with the mistaken impression that they were consuming Nutella, which most certainly influenced their feelings on the subject.

Haha while they look very similar, I imagine that was a rude awakening.

Is that like tofu jerky?

It's made from the leftovers of beer brewing!

Corned beef, slow roasted not boiled. Slathered with plain yellow mustard and horseradish. Side of colcannon. Got a 6er of Lagunitas Little sumpthin sumpthin that I'm hittin on as well.

Almost whiskey time.

Just had this for the first time a wekk or so ago..really enjoyed it. Started training again today..so a little mpore healthy during the week for me now..

Smoked Chicken breast made on the egg yestreday with greens for lunch..grilled tilapia and asparagus for dinner. I loathe Tilapia, but guess it was pretty good price at the Costco yesterday.

As an aside, was in the Kroger over the weekend and fou nd some butter labeled "old Fasioned Butter" comes in like a 2 inch round. I bought a 6 oz round, pretty pricey at like $8/lb..but oh my. Had it on some DiCamillo toast, and later that night on a fresh baguette...i know I am close to 50 but it mighten be better than sex.

Edited by plenzmd1

Fish Fry at home. Used Alton Brown's beer batter recipe. Very good stuff. Potato salad on the side. Chased it down with a Magic Hat Encore white IPA.

Heading out the door in a few minutes for a Southern Tier beer tasting event.

Fish Fry at home. Used Alton Brown's beer batter recipe. Very good stuff. Potato salad on the side. Chased it down with a Magic Hat Encore white IPA.

Heading out the door in a few minutes for a Southern Tier beer tasting event.

Can you bring your own beer stein?

http://www.cafepress.com/+am_i_missing_an_eyebrow_stein,101584888

• Like (+1) 1

Went to Buffalo Chophouse last night for the first time. The food was really, really, REALLY good and the service was superb...but holy cow $180 for the wife and I (and that's with no booze!). Can't see us ever going back unless we hit the lottery. :huh:

What the hell did you order? $180/couple is pretty normal there--but WITH drinks!

What the hell did you order? $180/couple is pretty normal there--but WITH drinks!

Lemme see if I can remember it all: Wife had a salad ($9), I had french onion soup ($9)...split a Stuffed Banana Peppers app ($10)...my steak was $52 all by itself (!!!), side of twice baked potatoes ($9), wife's chicken was $30 (for chicken!!!), side of asparagus ($8), three diet pepsi's ($9), and split a dessert ($8). With tax and $30 tip it was over a buck eighty. By far the most expensive meal we've ever eaten.

Luckily, we did bring half of everything home for leftover dinner tonight (except I polished the steak last night of course - I'm not nuking a $52 steak the next day!)

So...four meals. Still ridiculous, but a little easier to swallow.

Lemme see if I can remember it all: Wife had a salad ($9), I had french onion soup ($9)...split a Stuffed Banana Peppers app ($10)...my steak was $52 all by itself (!!!), side of twice baked potatoes ($9), wife's chicken was $30 (for chicken!!!), side of asparagus ($8), three diet pepsi's ($9), and split a dessert ($8). With tax and $30 tip it was over a buck eighty. By far the most expensive meal we've ever eaten.

Luckily, we did bring half of everything home for leftover dinner tonight (except I polished the steak last night of course - I'm not nuking a $52 steak the next day!)

So...four meals. Still ridiculous, but a little easier to swallow.

Ah, ok. I was thinking before tip. It's a restaurant where you get out for about $80-$100/person, depending on appetite, before a tip and before the government slice, if you're drinking. It's definitely not a place for a "hey, it's our regular night out!" And I am betting that was one monster steak for $52.

All that said, Chop House is not exactly on my favorites list. I think the service is way too much on the "it's your privilege to be served by us" side of things, and I also think their steaks are very good, but not very great. But I also know that the atmosphere makes for a REALLY nice night out, if everyone is in the mood to let caution to the wind and have fun.

Steaks in WNY: Russel's. Absolutely.

Steaks in Buffalo: EB Green's.

But both lack the Chop House atmosphere.

I think the service is way too much on the "it's your privilege to be served by us" side of things

To be honest, this was my biggest worry going in. I had heard this same thing from other people, and I was worried that the service would be snobbish and condescending. Guess we got lucky because our guy was not like that at all. Dude was super-personable, extremely professional and knowledgeable but not at all uptight, made us feel right at home (and my wife and I would not normally feel "at home" in an upscale place like that). It was seriously some of the best service we've ever had in a restaurant.

Steaks in WNY: Russel's. Absolutely.

Steaks in Buffalo: EB Green's.

But both lack the Chop House atmosphere.

Thanks for the recommendations...I like a nice high-end steak once or twice a year. :)

Just had this for the first time a wekk or so ago..really enjoyed it. Started training again today..so a little mpore healthy during the week for me now..

Smoked Chicken breast made on the egg yestreday with greens for lunch..grilled tilapia and asparagus for dinner. I loathe Tilapia, but guess it was pretty good price at the Costco yesterday.

As an aside, was in the Kroger over the weekend and fou nd some butter labeled "old Fasioned Butter" comes in like a 2 inch round. I bought a 6 oz round, pretty pricey at like $8/lb..but oh my. Had it on some DiCamillo toast, and later that night on a fresh baguette...i know I am close to 50 but it mighten be better than sex.

There are some real good premium butters out there. I like 'kerry gold'. I tried a french butter whose name escapes me and it was very good but I like the Irish butter better..butter better..butter better......

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.