What are you eating (or drinking)?

Weave

That's been the best perk about marrying into a Polish family. Hand made pierogi every year for Christmas. You haven't lived until you've had a hand made pierogi from a little polish grandmother.

Most memorable pierogi from Polish Grandmother...

You got one each of blue berry and strawberry, they where of coarse cooked in butter, and while cooking she put some sugar on them and let caramelize, then put on plate hot with a side of vanilla ice cream. We ate them as desert on special occasions in the winter.

Did any of you watch the YouTube video I posted?

#sadLiger

Yes, 90% FUGALE water baby!

Eating: DQ Blizzard. While certainly something to be enjoyed only in moderation, it does help make things suck just a tiny bit less.

Mine today was an Oreo Klondike sandwich from the cooler at work. It was nice, but the beers at Motorcycle Club Dinner were better.

So for the draft last night, friends of mine slow cooked a pork shoulder for 8 hours than did pulled pork with homemade BBQ sauce and steamed shrimp.  It was phenomenal.

Sounds good, although I don't care for seafood so I would have left that portion out personally. You're in Georgia if my past post memory serves me correctly, right? What style of barbecue sauce do they use in your neck of the woods? NC is known for the vinegar and red pepper flakes, SC is known for mustard base, and TN is known mostly for dry rubs but I don't really know about Georgia. Do they use a tomato based barbecue sauce like TX and MO? Is it spicy or sweet?

Sounds good, although I don't care for seafood so I would have left that portion out personally. You're in Georgia if my past post memory serves me correctly, right? What style of barbecue sauce do they use in your neck of the woods? NC is known for the vinegar and red pepper flakes, SC is known for mustard base, and TN is known mostly for dry rubs but I don't really know about Georgia. Do they use a tomato based barbecue sauce like TX and MO? Is it spicy or sweet?

Well Georgia is odd.  So far in my experience they use both Vinegar and Tomato base.  The Mustard base stuff is really not used often but I see it on rare occasions.  There is a bbq place here where their mild sauce is tomato based but their fire sauce is vinegar based.  It really all depends.  As for last night, it was vinegar based.  

Some of the other posters in Georgia may know more about how it is divided around here.

Well Georgia is odd.  So far in my experience they use both Vinegar and Tomato base.  The Mustard base stuff is really not used often but I see it on rare occasions.  There is a bbq place here where their mild sauce is tomato based but their fire sauce is vinegar based.  It really all depends.  As for last night, it was vinegar based.  

Some of the other posters in Georgia may know more about how it is divided around here.

That's cool. Nothing wrong with mixing it up and giving people options. I've haven't really sampled the mustard based bbq very much but I definitely enjoy the vinegar based and spicy versions of the tomato based sauce. I haven't really cared for sweet bbq sauce since I was young. I love the flavor of the TN dry rub but still prefer a wet sauce whether it's ribs, sandwiches, or just chopped up on a plate.

That's cool. Nothing wrong with mixing it up and giving people options. I've haven't really sampled the mustard based bbq very much but I definitely enjoy the vinegar based and spicy versions of the tomato based sauce. I haven't really cared for sweet bbq sauce since I was young. I love the flavor of the TN dry rub but still prefer a wet sauce whether it's ribs, sandwiches, or just chopped up on a plate.

TN dry rub, with sides of *wet* sauces that are home made or house specials.

Taste as is then dunk and get a whole new sandwich.

TN dry rub, with sides of *wet* sauces that are home made or house specials.

Taste as is then dunk and get a whole new sandwich.

That's definitely my preferred method with dry rub wings. Whenever I order dry rub ribs I prefer a wet sauce to dip them in or pour over the top.

We do it that way because between us we order as many proteins as we can.  The *wet* sauce can give different meats/seafood a negative taste. A sauce that is bad with chicken,  might be great with the brisket.

I might order the rib, brisket, chicken sampler and Mrs. Racer will order the pulled pork sandwich with a side of shrimp. Ask for a bunch of those little cups of their sauces (we're usually on the go) and have at it.

A so-called fresh sub from subway...

I've never been so disappointed in a sub before.  WAY too much sauce, barely toasted, barely any  meat, terrible meat and cheese:veggie ratio. :(   

At least I got to eat outside though.  the lady brought lunch to work and we got to eat together   B-)

I've never been so disappointed in a sub before.  WAY too much sauce, barely toasted, barely any  meat, terrible meat and cheese:veggie ratio. :(   

At least I got to eat outside though.  the lady brought lunch to work and we got to eat together   B-)

Wait a second here Mr. Menace!  What the heck happened to the cold rain I sent?

Well if you didn't get it, and it's nice, for your punishment day drinking needs to commence a day earlier than previously scheduled!

With Wegmans and good local chains in Primo's and Wawa, I haven't had a Subway sandwich in a long time. They're really the McDonalds of subs.

With Wegmans and good local chains in Primo's and Wawa, I haven't had a Subway sandwich in a long time. They're really the McDonalds of subs.

I should've told her to grab Weggies, but Subway was closer and easier this time.  Last time we make that mistake.  

Wait a second here Mr. Menace!  What the heck happened to the cold rain I sent?

Well if you didn't get it, and it's nice, for your punishment day drinking needs to commence a day earlier than previously scheduled!

It was supposed to be here...forecast changed earlier today to sunshine with isolated sprinkles... B-)

I was able to enjoy 45 minutes of sunshine (albeit a little windy) while on lunch today.  Plan on jetting out of here early too so I can commence drinking.  

Subway has one thing, and only one thing, going for it:  You can load up a whole grain, lean meat sub with a bunch of spinach, tomatoes, cukes, olives, peppers, etc. and have a very healthy lunch. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.