GDT: Sabres at Blues 1/21/12 8:00pm

deluca67

Hitchcock has to be licking his chops to do his part to get Lindy fired. There will be no mercy tonight if St Louis gets up. The Karma Wheel always spins......and you never know when the big man upstairs is going to stop it in order to crack a joke.

Hitch is already still "up" on Lindy.

Anyone know if the game is on at the F'N Center?

I just want to see one thing tonight and, to me, it's more important that a win. I want to see the entire team, including Lindy, get some confidence back. I want to see players pass like the mean it. I want to see players shoot first over passing when the oportunities present themselves.

I want to see everyone get mad instead of exasperated. If someone misses a wide open net, I don't want to see them look to the heavens with a "Why me?" face. I want them to smash their stick and get pissed. I want to see Lindy yelling at his players and the refs, not give his own version of the WTF wave with that piece of paper in his hands.

I want to see players talking on the bench and getting animated, not sitting there doe-eyed, in silence like they're in after school detention.

I want to see a team.

Umm, that's way more than one thing.

Lindy was the last straw for Hitch in Philly. Will the score be evened tonight?

In order to bring this back to the game at hand, this Sabres team is absolutely horrible; however, the writing is on the wall for major management shakeup and/or player movement. If they care anything about each other as a team, they'll play above themselves tonight and treat us to a nice 7-0 victory. If it goes the other way, we'll know where their hearts aren't.

Prediction: Blues will win by a field goal. Those you who will be watching the game this evening better stock up on alcohol... you'll need it!

(I'm going to see two good teams play tonight. Got tix for the Predators vs. Blackhawks.)

I've got a handle of Jim Beam at the ready.

I just want to see one thing tonight and, to me, it's more important that a win. I want to see the entire team, including Lindy, get some confidence back. I want to see players pass like the mean it. I want to see players shoot first over passing when the oportunities present themselves.

I want to see everyone get mad instead of exasperated. If someone misses a wide open net, I don't want to see them look to the heavens with a "Why me?" face. I want them to smash their stick and get pissed. I want to see Lindy yelling at his players and the refs, not give his own version of the WTF wave with that piece of paper in his hands.

I want to see players talking on the bench and getting animated, not sitting there doe-eyed, in silence like they're in after school detention.

I want to see a team.

Good post, this would make me happy.

This is about where I am at. I want to see an emotional team. The game against Chicago was especially disturbing to me. Adam not defending himself when challenged by Stuart, noone standing up for Gerbe when Wheeler tried to embarass him, countless physical plays that had no answer by our guys. There seems to be no sense of pride among this group right now. I want to see some emotion and pride out there. And right now, I'd rather see a productive emotional release that costs us a goal or even the game than see emotionless, cold, safe play.

The Gerbe incident infuriated me, I can only imagine how heated I would be, if someone did that to a teammate of mine. At times I wonder if these guy's even like each other anymore, they don't stick together like a team should, too many times where liberties have been taken on a player while his teammates did nothing to respond.

I disagree. This team is quickly spiraling downward, and at this point, play like crap and win, is better than play great and lose 3-1. The playoff light at the end of the tunnel is growing dimmer by the day, and a "moral victory" isn't going to make the light shine brighter.

At this point I think I'd rather see a gutsy hard fought loss than a crappy uninspired win. What good have these type of wins done in the past couple of weeks, they've been followed up by 3 losses, 4 in the most recent case. I think the play-offs are a wish right now, this team has to find itself before it can dream about doing anything in the play-offs.

Thanks for the B-day wishes.

Can we all do ourselves a favor and keep the GDT about the game?

We've got a deal thread, a Ruff thread and a Darcy thread.

Here's hoping the rift in the locker room doesn't affect the play on the ice tonight. :bag:

I couldn't find a B-day thread so Happy Birthday to the prettiest Mod I wish I knew

spndnchz - what in hell are you doing here on your birthday? You spend the other 364 days here. Go out and do something that you've always wanted to do but didn't. Hang the expense.

Go out and celebrate!

That's a pretty short list. Party starts @10

Here is what I hope to see during tonight's game, in descending order of preference:

1. that the Sabres are not the kind of team against whom you'd even try this, or;

2. that the Sabres are the kind of team against whom you'd not try this twice, or;

3. that the Sabres played in a league where a referee wouldn't let this belittling crap take place with nothing more than offsetting penalties, or;

4. that I'd get relocated to Boston.

3. that the Sabres played in a league where a referee wouldn't let this belittling crap take place with nothing more than offsetting penalties, or;

I almost brought this up in the gameday thread. If that isn't unsportsmanlike conduct, I don't know what is. This is what, the 3rd time now that this sort of thing has been directed at Gerbe and caught on camera? Ideally the on ice officials need to take care of this. Also ideally, the Sabres need to become the kind of team where other players know that to do this invites reprisal.

I almost brought this up in the gameday thread. If that isn't unsportsmanlike conduct, I don't know what is. This is what, the 3rd time now that this sort of thing has been directed at Gerbe and caught on camera? Ideally the on ice officials need to take care of this. Also ideally, the Sabres need to become the kind of team where other players know that to do this invites reprisal.

I agree Weave about the reprisal but unfortunately Regier didn't feel toughness was needed when assembling this group of players. They just don't have it in them. Its an embarrassment and hopefully the new g.m. ( one is allowed to dream ) will add a fair amount of sandpaper to the new and improved edition of the Sabres.

Archived