GDT: Sabres at Blues 1/21/12 8:00pm

deluca67

I think the ideal time to fire Lindy would be after Monday night's loss and not tonight's loss. It would give the new HC the entire All-Star break to get ready for his new job.

Looking at the standings, the Sabres are 1 point away from the bottom of the East and 4th worst in the entire NHL. if this is Hockey Heaven, I shudder to think what Hockey Hell is like.

For all the WNY lacrosse fans: Bandits play Knighthawks in BCA tonight at 7:30!

I think the ideal time to fire Lindy would be after Monday night's loss and not tonight's loss. It would give the new HC the entire All-Star break to get ready for his new job.

Looking at the standings, the Sabres are 1 point away from the bottom of the East and 4th worst in the entire NHL. if this is Hockey Heaven, I shudder to think what Hockey Hell is like.

For all the WNY lacrosse fans: Bandits play Knighthawks in BCA tonight at 7:30!

If big changes are to be made, the All-Star break is the best time to do it.

This one could get very very ugly. On one hand we have the NHLs worst team right now. On the other hand, we have one of NHLs best teams, and THE best hometeam. No matter who Blues put in net, the Sabres, who can't score, will face a goalie who's among the leaders in goalie stats.

But I've been in acceptance since we couldn't beat the Islanders at the start of this road trip. If we can't win agaist the worst team on the trip, I don't think we will win any games on this trip, except maybe Montreal.

But I will watch as always. Let's go..

If big changes are to be made, the All-Star break is the best time to do it.

I don't think we'll see anything done (front office wise) till the season's over, then it'll probably be Regier to go and leave Lindy's fate up to the new GM, I hope that they're both let go during the All Star break, but I don't see it happening. As far as the players go, I think we might see some movement soon, but I put most of the blame on Lindy and Regier, we do have some talent on the ice, but they need someone to coach and motivate them.

After all those years watching the sabres played, one thing i noticed is that they NEVER wins at St-Louis no matter how bad or how good the blues were at that time it was always a big L at the end of the game. No matter who the blues put in the net, i don't see the sabres scoring more than 2 goals on Ken Hitchcock defensive team.

Hang in there people cause Lindy will be fired after another defeat at New Jersey tuesday night.

P.S. By the way happy birthday Spndnchz!!!!!!!! :clapping:

I don't think we'll see anything done (front office wise) till the season's over, then it'll probably be Regier to go and leave Lindy's fate up to the new GM, I hope that they're both let go during the All Star break, but I don't see it happening. As far as the players go, I think we might see some movement soon, but I put most of the blame on Lindy and Regier, we do have some talent on the ice, but they need someone to coach and motivate them.

I'm to a point now where I don't want to see a single player moved until a new GM is in place.

I'm to a point now where I don't want to see a single player moved until a new GM is in place.

i would agree here. Apathy has set in, and as an owner that would be my worst fear..Been traveling last week, and i madeno effort to find a bar to watch games, and now i agree with DeLuca. As i said,apathy, not anger

Thanks for the B-day wishes.

Can we all do ourselves a favor and keep the GDT about the game?

We've got a deal thread, a Ruff thread and a Darcy thread.

Here's hoping the rift in the locker room doesn't affect the play on the ice tonight. :bag:

I just want to see one thing tonight and, to me, it's more important that a win. I want to see the entire team, including Lindy, get some confidence back. I want to see players pass like the mean it. I want to see players shoot first over passing when the oportunities present themselves.

I want to see everyone get mad instead of exasperated. If someone misses a wide open net, I don't want to see them look to the heavens with a "Why me?" face. I want them to smash their stick and get pissed. I want to see Lindy yelling at his players and the refs, not give his own version of the WTF wave with that piece of paper in his hands.

I want to see players talking on the bench and getting animated, not sitting there doe-eyed, in silence like they're in after school detention.

I want to see a team.

I just want to see one thing tonight and, to me, it's more important that a win. I want to see the entire team, including Lindy, get some confidence back. I want to see players pass like the mean it. I want to see players shoot first over passing when the oportunities present themselves.

I want to see everyone get mad instead of exasperated. If someone misses a wide open net, I don't want to see them look to the heavens with a "Why me?" face. I want them to smash their stick and get pissed. I want to see Lindy yelling at his players and the refs, not give his own version of the WTF wave with that piece of paper in his hands.

I want to see players talking on the bench and getting animated, not sitting there doe-eyed, in silence like they're in after school detention.

I want to see a team.

there are many other nhl games this evening.... put one of those on sit back and watch all of your mentioned list fulfilled.

I want to see a team.

This is about where I am at. I want to see an emotional team. The game against Chicago was especially disturbing to me. Adam not defending himself when challenged by Stuart, noone standing up for Gerbe when Wheeler tried to embarass him, countless physical plays that had no answer by our guys. There seems to be no sense of pride among this group right now. I want to see some emotion and pride out there. And right now, I'd rather see a productive emotional release that costs us a goal or even the game than see emotionless, cold, safe play.

This is about where I am at. I want to see an emotional team. The game against Chicago was especially disturbing to me. Adam not defending himself when challenged by Stuart, noone standing up for Gerbe when Wheeler tried to embarass him, countless physical plays that had no answer by our guys. There seems to be no sense of pride among this group right now. I want to see some emotion and pride out there. And right now, I'd rather see a productive emotional release that costs us a goal or even the game than see emotionless, cold, safe play.

It all comes down to lack of confidence. It shows itself in every aspect of this team, it oozes, actually.

Agreed. They have waited too long to save the season. Now it's best to wait until there is culture change.

I disagree. This team is quickly spiraling downward, and at this point, play like crap and win, is better than play great and lose 3-1. The playoff light at the end of the tunnel is growing dimmer by the day, and a "moral victory" isn't going to make the light shine brighter.

I want to see a team.

Good post.

Teams are lining up for an opportunity to play this collection of players. Team is too strong a word right now for the Sabres. Lets hope they look deep inside themselves and find a semblance of pride. As Weave mentioned I too worry about the guys not being pissed enough to defend each other when challenged in an embarrassing way by opponents. The Gerbe/Wheeler incident stood out. Cody is the only guy willing to drop em for a team mate which is a sad state of affairs for any franchise. We can always hope but with the hitchcock system I'm afraid this will be ugly to watch. GO SABRES !

I want to see a team.

I want to see all these things as well, but I have serious doubts that either of us will see any of these things tonight.

After all those years watching the sabres played, one thing i noticed is that they NEVER wins at St-Louis no matter how bad or how good the blues were at that time it was always a big L at the end of the game. No matter who the blues put in the net, i don't see the sabres scoring more than 2 goals on Ken Hitchcock defensive team.

Hang in there people cause Lindy will be fired after another defeat at New Jersey tuesday night.

P.S. By the way happy birthday Spndnchz!!!!!!!! :clapping:

Which is exactly why I'm willing to bet my house that's where they put up a 2-1 SO win.

You know, just to buy Lindy another 2 months :wallbash:

Teams are lining up for an opportunity to play this collection of players. Team is too strong a word right now for the Sabres. Lets hope they look deep inside themselves and find a semblance of pride. As Weave mentioned I too worry about the guys not being pissed enough to defend each other when challenged in an embarrassing way by opponents. The Gerbe/Wheeler incident stood out. Cody is the only guy willing to drop em for a team mate which is a sad state of affairs for any franchise. We can always hope but with the hitchcock system I'm afraid this will be ugly to watch. GO SABRES !

Hitchcock has to be licking his chops to do his part to get Lindy fired. There will be no mercy tonight if St Louis gets up. The Karma Wheel always spins......and you never know when the big man upstairs is going to stop it in order to crack a joke.

Archived