GDT: Sabres at Blues 1/21/12 8:00pm

deluca67

The Ray clip made me remember how much better Lorentz was at his job than Harry Neale.

Aside from that, as others have already said, I want to see some emotion. From somebody. ANYBODY. Show me there's a pulse, some semblance of pride left. They can keep being offensively inept, passing 3 feet too far or too short....just be alive. I want to see somebody smash a stick across the boards, punch a random player in the face and get tossed out, Lindy throw a water bottle at a crappy ref again....anything to make me believe they aren't going to just roll over for the next 37 games.

I almost brought this up in the gameday thread. If that isn't unsportsmanlike conduct, I don't know what is. This is what, the 3rd time now that this sort of thing has been directed at Gerbe and caught on camera? Ideally the on ice officials need to take care of this. Also ideally, the Sabres need to become the kind of team where other players know that to do this invites reprisal.

This is what pisses me off, not one time did a teammate do anything about it, I think that is worse than someone taking a run at one of your guys, it's degrading. I don't know how they can stand by and let this happen to a teammate, without taking care of the POS that did it..

I almost brought this up in the gameday thread. If that isn't unsportsmanlike conduct, I don't know what is. This is what, the 3rd time now that this sort of thing has been directed at Gerbe and caught on camera? Ideally the on ice officials need to take care of this. Also ideally, the Sabres need to become the kind of team where other players know that to do this invites reprisal.

Yes and yes.

Here is what I hope to see during tonight's game, in descending order of preference:

1. that the Sabres are not the kind of team against whom you'd even try this, or;

2. that the Sabres are the kind of team against whom you'd not try this twice, or;

3. that the Sabres played in a league where a referee wouldn't let this belittling crap take place with nothing more than offsetting penalties, or;

4. that I'd get relocated to Boston.

how can someone NOT punish him for doing that?

so disrespectful. and im talking about gerbe's teammates here. sad.

happy birthday chz. i hope gerbe destroys someone tonight for you.

oh, and i do actually hoe the sabres continue this uninspired play, i REALLY want changes this year and next.

i asked before...when is armia eligible to play? anyone know?

thanks

go sabres!!!!

how can someone NOT punish him for doing that?

so disrespectful. and im talking about gerbe's teammates here. sad.

happy birthday chz. i hope gerbe destroys someone tonight for you.

oh, and i do actually hoe the sabres continue this uninspired play, i REALLY want changes this year and next.

i asked before...when is armia eligible to play? anyone know?

thanks

go sabres!!!!

He's 18. He *could* play for the Sabres now if he were good enough to make the team (doubtful). But he's not eligible to play in the AHL until he is 20. You could make an argument that the league he is in in now is a step above AHL anyway.

I'm sure he'll get a chance to make the team next year at camp. If he doesn't make it he'll be back home.

So I'm optimistic about our draft chances this year :) always Some good to see out of every heart shattering loss. Who knows maybe we will get the next crosby? I will, as always listen to the game until the end. Couple of things I hope happen tonight.

1. A two point night for Roy Stafford or boyes. ( increase trade deadline value. Honestly think were going to get picks and prospects..)

2. I want the team to play like a TEAM. I've excepted that we will have a better chance of losing each game, But I can't accept this teams lack of sack. Even my nephews pee wee league has more heart. I just can't believe no one will box it out (except McCormick) for his "brothers".

3. Miller to steal some pucks the way he used too. I'm not joining the trade or keep debate. But if miller returns to some form of his pre-concussion era then its good for the team. ( win column or trade dangler).

4. Energy. Boring win or exciting loss? Exciting, we are supposed to be entertained by these games still... right?

Sorry if I'm beating a dead horse with my post. It seems almost like a generic list of wants and people are probally bored with reading these. so I apologize for following the "mold". I will say though that the lack of drama on this board in recent weeks is refreashing. And as usual thanks for reading :)

Happy bday chz. Hope you have a fantastic night! Don't forget to call a friend for a ride home!

Go sabres!

The other incidents were of Gerbe getting patted on the head. This one was more of a head wash.

Archived