GDT: Sabres at Jets 1/19/12 8:30pm

spndnchz

Oh man did Lindy Ruff sold his soul to the devil to remain as Sabres coach forever?

No other team in any sports i know would still have the responsible people for this disaster on board.

I never had so much hopes and dreams for any of my other favorite teams in any other sports and see them destroyed, devastated and extincted so fast and so hard like that.

The most expensive team is playing like chicken. If this would be my team, i would have dumped the respnsible people much earlier and would have sent them home deaf, because i wouldn't have stopped shouiting at these heartless and honorless bunch of wannabe coaches and GMs.

I really can't stand it anymore. The sport i love most is currently reduced to a repeating vomiting ######, everytime i see a whole or condensed game of the team i love.

Sorry for my hard language, but i really need to write this of my soul.

No need to be sorry. Get it out. I feel the same.

I was out and about in the car when Stafford scored. Gare proclaimed..."Another big goal by Stafford". :blink:

I laughed when I heard that too. I didn't actually watch much of the game, I just had it on in the background as I was working on the computer. I can't watch these games, they are just too brutal. Is there anyone left who can still sit down and endure an entire Sabres "contest" from beginning to end anymore? These people deserve a medal if they exist.

@chz: I've been wondering if the defense is as bad as it seems or is it due to a complete lack of offensive support? If our offense is coughing up pucks an lacking sustained pressure it inevitably puts more pressure on our defense. We are allowing a similar number of goals against as our 05-06 campaign and yet lose consistently. If our offense spent more than 10mins a game in the opposing zone and hustled to back check properly, our defense core would be much better than their stats appear. Our offense is causing a good chunk of our defensive woes IMHO. I'm very curious to hear your thoughts chz as I believe you have a good feel for what is going on.

Aside from Chz, I agree with this assessment of the situation. It's similar to football. You spend all your time chasing the other team's offense that you can't generate any of your own. Our D is getting killed because our offense can't convert when they have the chance, and cannot sustain enough pressure to let the D get in a groove.

Good call. There has been very little sustained forecheck pressure during this slump.

Good call. There has been very little sustained forecheck pressure during this slump.

There hasn't been any since 2007. And when you watch teams like Boston play, it really becomes apparent. Their forwards can absolutely take over a game. They bang and pursue like it's going to lead them to salvation.

This is why guys like Ellis and Kaleta are bright spots. They hustle and fight for the puck. The rest of this team, Roy above all others, is unwilling and incapable of taking control of a game.

There hasn't been any since 2007. And when you watch teams like Boston play, it really becomes apparent. Their forwards can absolutely take over a game. They bang and pursue like it's going to lead them to salvation.

This is why guys like Ellis and Kaleta are bright spots. They hustle and fight for the puck. The rest of this team, Roy above all others, is unwilling and incapable of taking control of a game.

We saw a great display of forecheck last night in Winnipeg too.

I laughed when I heard that too. I didn't actually watch much of the game, I just had it on in the background as I was working on the computer. I can't watch these games, they are just too brutal. Is there anyone left who can still sit down and endure an entire Sabres "contest" from beginning to end anymore? These people deserve a medal if they exist.

Beleive me ... I don't want a medal, I'll settle for a Sabres game that shows that they give a $#it. It seems like all season, all of us have been looking for is a sloid 60 minute game; if they ended up losing, at least you could feel positive about them. Now, sure THEIR psyche is frail, but I think all of us are thinking the same, pulling our hair out. I'll be happy enough watching a competitive team, but even that's not there.

But alas, I bought DirectTV a couple of years ago when Charter dropped the Center Ice plan so yes, I arrange my work schedule ( I work nights) in order to watch the Sabres live. And for a few spurts I see some good hockey from them. Not really sure that those times are worth $165.

And it was Antropov, ugh

Gragnani showed a lot of battle on that goal, right? Just watched him skate to the net and score. No effort whatsoever.

Where's my medal? I've lost my patience. Now it's like watching a comedy. I laugh when they can't get it out of the zone, and yes, I can tell when a goal is coming like everyone else.

When did the Sabres become the SLOWEST team in the league? That's what it looks like to me.

We saw a great display of forecheck last night in Winnipeg too.

Good for Winnipeg. Those people deserve a team with the support they give them. Awesome to see.

I admit that I've been PVR'n most games and watching half of it on fast forward but I actually settled in for it last night and truely expected a win. That was the most disappointed I have been after a Sabres loss all season. Atleast against the Wings in Hawks they're out west. But Winnipeg we have to catch still. A win in regulation and we're only two back of them. Now we're 6.....

Watched parts of the 2nd and 3rd period while on the phone for over a half hour while I tried to get an appointment booked for someone to replace my Hot Water Tank that blew last night.

Sadly, I think I was more upset sitting on the phone while they tried updating my account so they could set up the appointment. The game was just what I expected so I wasn't disapointed much

Watched parts of the 2nd and 3rd period while on the phone for over a half hour while I tried to get an appointment booked for someone to replace my Hot Water Tank that blew last night.

Sadly, I think I was more upset sitting on the phone while they tried updating my account so they could set up the appointment. The game was just what I expected so I wasn't disapointed much

Home owner stuff huh, My wife an i just bought a house and im getting a nice taste of what thats like.

Archived