Scoreboard Watching!

deluca67

Wouldn't it be great to become the team the announcers start referring to as "the team you don't want to catch in the first round" only weeks after we were asking "how does the lottery work, again"?

It's already being said. They said it a couple times on the XM radio NHL channel this morning.

I'm sure the league would love to see a Washington Pittsburgh series, to have Ovi vs. Sid and judging by the officiating last night, they may be trying to get just that. That's my conspiracy theory.

It sure seemed that way at times. Forget the Stafford call/non call for a second, in the third period (I think it was Hodgson) got slashed, tripped and literally crossed checked in the head while on the ice and there was no call. I don't like blaming officiating generally speaking but there were some question marks with the officiating last night.

It sure seemed that way at times. Forget the Stafford call/non call for a second, in the third period (I think it was Hodgson) got slashed, tripped and literally crossed checked in the head while on the ice and there was no call. I don't like blaming officiating generally speaking but there were some question marks with the officiating last night.

That was Vanek via Subban. I thought one crosscheck to the back while down was okay but not the next two or three. Especially after the puck was already gone. Just one of many call or non-calls from last night. The ghost slash Vanek got called for was another.

A surging sabres team come playoff time, don't think anyone would be looking forward to playing against us,

Exactly what happened last year?

I think a big difference is that this year we underachieved into 7-8 spot. Last year, that was right where we belonged.

Exactly what happened last year?

I think a big difference is that this year we underachieved into 7-8 spot. Last year, that was right where we belonged.

And last year we almost won in the 1st round because of totally inept goaltending. Seeing as this year we're most likely to face Lundqvist or Fleury, that isn't going to happen again. Adding both points together, we're probably looking at another round 1 loss in 6 or 7 games....unless the hockey gods throw us a bone and we manage to get matched up with Florida.

Seeing as this year we're most likely to face Lundqvist or Fleury, that isn't going to happen again.

BS. If Miller is playing well, as he has been, he is just as intimidating as Fleurqvist.

Adding both points together, we're probably looking at another round 1 loss in 6 or 7 games....unless the hockey gods throw us a bone and we manage to get matched up with Florida.

I'll add another point to balance it out: Chemistry. The Sabres haven't had it all season, but they have it now. The Sabres are perfectly capable of winning the first round. After that, who knows. I'll take my chances with them, though.

Archived