Scoreboard Watching!

deluca67

Caps get a point for going to OT

Oh, and the Caps' play-by-play guy sounds like he's reading facts out of an encyclopedia. So happy we have RJ.

Update 9:37 PM: it's going to a shoot-out.

Bryzgalov looked ridiculous on the first shot.

Ovi stopped

Briere stopped

Should mention Philly scored on their first attempt

Aucoin (?) hits post

Simmonds scores

Bryz makes a stop for the win

Flyers win

Thank you, Flyers. Would have been nice to get it done in regulation, though. :thumbdown:

I started watching with a few minutes left in the 3rd and while the Flyers pretty much spent the whole time in the Caps' zone, they had little hustle and couldn't connect many passes. It was pretty obvious it would go to OT.

Thanks for the PBP. I was following on TSN but the app is way slow

You're welcome.

Flyers won, but they gained a point on us - that total defensive flub by Weber that allowed the Avalanche to tie the game with 1.9 seconds left, and eventually win - that flub which cost us, inexcusably, a point... that could come back to bite us in the butt.

Flyers won, but they gained a point on us - that total defensive flub by Weber that allowed the Avalanche to tie the game with 1.9 seconds left, and eventually win - that flub which cost us, inexcusably, a point... that could come back to bite us in the butt.

Well the Sabres now control their own destiny, so no need to look back anymore.

True, but I'd be quicker to blame it on the Sabres sleeping their way to 12 consecutive road losses a few months ago.

True, but I'd be quicker to blame it on the Sabres sleeping their way to 12 consecutive road losses a few months ago.

If the Sabres had won only 4 of those 12 games they'd be in 1st place in the Northeast and 2nd in the Eastern Conference. Amazing how close they are considering how bad they've been for much of the season.

and there is no need for scoreboard watching.

Sure there is. I'm a greedy bastard. Once the Sabres get to 8th place, I start watching Ottawa, Florida, and Boston and root for the number 7 or 2 spot. Sabres can get 16 points this year - if Boston gets no more than 8 in 9 games (they're 4-6 last 10)and Ottawa gets no more than 11 it could happen. Chicago has won 5 straight and the Kings won 6 straight so it's conceivable anyway. I'm not sure I want to get 8th place and wind up playing the Penguins right away.

Sure there is. I'm a greedy bastard. Once the Sabres get to 8th place, I start watching Ottawa, Florida, and Boston and root for the number 7 or 2 spot. Sabres can get 16 points this year - if Boston gets no more than 8 in 9 games (they're 4-6 last 10)and Ottawa gets no more than 11 it could happen. Chicago has won 5 straight and the Kings won 6 straight so it's conceivable anyway. I'm not sure I want to get 8th place and wind up playing the Penguins right away.

I like your optimistic view.

I am happy if we squeeze into the playoffs again, but i really hope we do not play against this ridiculous hot Penguins.

Ha, that would be absolutely hilarious. I know it's not going to happen, but I kind of hope it does just to give the league more fuel to eliminate the division winners automatically getting the top 3 seeds.

Archived