Joe Finley signed/called up to Sabres

JJFIVEOH

They don't sign a monster-sized player and bring him up within days without a motive.

If it's not due to trade considerations, then at least it's a sign that they agree they need to do something to address their grit ASAP.

Or it's a sign that they liked the way he's been playing in Ra-cha-cha and were thinking about bringing him up to have a look at him due to all the d-men dropping like flies but actually need to have him on an NHL contract to have him play in the NHL.

While all the Ryan(s) speculation is very interesting, sometimes the thing leaving hoofmarks in the mud actually is a horse and not a zebra. (Though I'm still hoping for a north Chilean guanaco.)

Or it's a sign that they liked the way he's been playing in Ra-cha-cha and were thinking about bringing him up to have a look at him due to all the d-men dropping like flies but actually need to have him on an NHL contract to have him play in the NHL.

Right, as I said, they need to address their grit. There are enough D-men to call on without signing Finley to a contract, but only one monster with, ostensibly, skill.

I'm not making much of the trade rumors, either, however since they were mentioned in the thread prior to my comment, I thought I'd comment on them, too.

Whatever the reason, I say, WHATEVER THE REASON, I do like the idea of Finley getting a call up so quickly. It says something, although I don't know exactly what that something is, other than that I was hoping he'd get called up quickly, and, lo, he was called up quickly.

Right, as I said, they need to address their grit. There are enough D-men to call on without signing Finley to a contract, but only one monster with, ostensibly, skill.

I'm not making much of the trade rumors, either, however since they were mentioned in the thread prior to my comment, I thought I'd comment on them, too.

Whatever the reason, I say, WHATEVER THE REASON, I do like the idea of Finley getting a call up so quickly. It says something, although I don't know exactly what that something is, other than that I was hoping he'd get called up quickly, and, lo, he was called up quickly.

Very true. We've got Brennan who I thought was decent and Schztel (sp?) down there. Surprised the guy got signed two days ago and is up already. Must be showing something down there.

While all the Ryan(s) speculation is very interesting, sometimes the thing leaving hoofmarks in the mud actually is a horse and not a zebra. (Though I'm still hoping for a north Chilean guanaco.)

Iginla's father is actually from Nigeria.....

Morris Titanic, Jiri Dudacek, Barrett Heisten, Marek Zagrapan, Dennis Persson, Artem Kryukov, Denis Tsygurov, David Cooper & Joel Savage all say hi!!! :rolleyes:

And wasn't Peters an early 2nd rounder? I still shake my head at that...he must have had some skill at some point?

They don't sign a monster-sized player and bring him up within days without a motive.

If it's not due to trade considerations, then at least it's a sign that they agree they need to do something to address their grit ASAP.

This is what the move smells of to me too sizzle.

Either Anaheim wants to look at their choices or we want to see what we have down on the farm prior to moving MAG. We should know more come friday if there are a ton of Ducks scouts in the building again.

This is what the move smells of to me too sizzle.

Either Anaheim wants to look at their choices or we want to see what we have down on the farm prior to moving MAG. We should know more come friday if there are a ton of Ducks scouts in the building again.

I think that it has both, trade evaluation and grit. The Sabres know they are soft and Lindy is trying to get grit on the team. By bringing Kassian and now Finley only tells me they are looking at options as well. I just hope the Sabres keep McNabb and Kassian only to bring toughness to a soft team. I like Guastad (sp?) and Keleta but think McCormick is too soft to be an enforcer. Both Guast, and Kelata are not enforcers either while Kassian will be instantly. I think McNabb will be a very hard hitter and will need help with an enforcer like Kassian and if Finley comes in, he too will be an enforcer as well. This will give the Sabres toughness and grit. If they trade them away the Sabres will become soft again and laughed at by teams like the ruins.

Boy how many from that Fighting Sioux team have made the NHL....

Zajac, Parise, Stafford, Oshie, Toews, and now.....Finley.

(I use "made' loosely here for Finley).

And then there are the guys who are role players at the NHL level like Matt Greene. That school is an absolute factory.

He was drafted to Play in a clutch and grab league where there was no speed through the neutral zone.

Exactly. In the old days you take a Giant enforcer like peters and he is feared throughout the league for years. Now guys just skate around him for the 3 minutes he is on the ice.

The Sabres have never in their existence been called "the hardest hitting team in hockey." I'd like them for once to stock the team with a bunch of bruisers (like Finley) and enforcers, so other teams have to keep their heads up all the time. For once, I'd like the character of this team to be shifted away from the finesse and into the badass, and I think that could only come with a new coach. My choice, Randy Carlyle.

Archived