Joe Finley signed/called up to Sabres

JJFIVEOH

Not to mention he didn't get over 20 points until he was at least 26 yrs old. Too many people forget Chara is now 34. 21 was a long time ago.

IMO, once Tyler's metabolism slows down a bit he'll be able to keep some pounds on himself. He ate everything in site the summer of 2010, even made his own protein bars from peanut butter. It didn't work for him. He couldn't adjust himself to being that much heavier and that's why his game suffered the start of last season. He's been growing taller and taller, I think he's grown another inch the past two years.

When he finally stops growing up he'll grow out. He'll adjust his game for his size (weight) more gradually. Luckily we have him signed until 2019.

Men just fill out in their 20's. When I was 20 I was about 6'1" and 170 pounds. I'm 30 now and I'm about 6'2" and 220 pounds. I didn't get fat either; I stayed fit but now I'm just thicker and heavier everywhere. (Note to the ladies on the board: Everywhere.)

I keep making this point about Kassian, McNabb, and Foligno, but it definitely applies to Myers too. These guys are nowhere near their peak size and strength as hockey players.

Men just fill out in their 20's. When I was 20 I was about 6'1" and 170 pounds. I'm 30 now and I'm about 6'2" and 220 pounds. I didn't get fat either; I stayed fit but now I'm just thicker and heavier everywhere. (Note to the ladies on the board: Everywhere.)

Time for a haircut. 10 years is a long time. :D

I keep making this point about Kassian, McNabb, and Foligno, but it definitely applies to Myers too. These guys are nowhere near their peak size and strength as hockey players.

They will.

Wow. I wonder if Anaheim wanted to have a look at him in an NHL game before they give Ryan his plane ticket to BUF?

I was thinking along the lines that maybe Buffalo wants to see what they have in Finley so they can move another D man. (Sekera? Gragnani?)

I was thinking along the lines that maybe Buffalo wants to see what they have in Finley so they can move another D man. (Sekera? Gragnani?)

This was essentially my thought.

Maybe they want to evaluate if Finley has the goods before committing to moving McNabb?

Man, I HATE the idea of moving McNabb but ya gotta give to get.

Agreed. A highly intriguing move. It gives me hope in these dark days.

It would seem they're thinking of moving a D-man, but I can't imagine it would be a grit guy like McNabb.

Or they just need someone to play for Leopold.

They don't sign a monster-sized player and bring him up within days without a motive.

If it's not due to trade considerations, then at least it's a sign that they agree they need to do something to address their grit ASAP.

They don't sign a monster-sized player and bring him up within days without a motive.

If it's not due to trade considerations, then at least it's a sign that they agree they need to do something to address their grit ASAP.

I think it is both. They recognize that they need to trade a defender so they are, with the help of injuries, bringing up guys to see how they handle NHL action. At the same time this allows other teams to evaluate their defensive talent and is a win win for everyone. Adding McNabb and Finely and subtracting possibly trading a guy like MAG or Sekera would def signal a increase in the grit of our blue line.

Regehr, Weber, McNabb, Finley, Myers, Ehrhoff, Leopold... now that would be interesting...

kinda like Santa Claus

This was essentially my thought.

Maybe they want to evaluate if Finley has the goods before committing to moving McNabb?

Man, I HATE the idea of moving McNabb but ya gotta give to get.

Well, if Anaheim wanted to get a look at McNabb, he probably impressed them.

I could see Anaheim taking Stafford and McNabb or Ennis and McNabb for Ryan.

Archived